Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree1042Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I'll be interested to see what happened with Ashley's season after episode 3. I remember a lot of people saying they were dropping the show because of Bentley and the impression they got of Ashley. I think that and Ben's season with Courtney ending up as the f1 had an impact on viewership. It's too bad because I'm enjoying Emily's season a lot more than either of them. I wasn't a fan of Ashley but I never miss the Bachelorette. Truthfully I never miss either no matter who the lead is because I always end up liking someone.

I didn't take what Emily said badly but think she worded it wrong. She might be a little overly sensitive but really it boiled down to Allesandro not being anywhere near the right guy for her.
    I so agree about the Ben season comment. I was totally and completely turned off by the sex fest that was greasy Ben and slutty Courtney. The sentiment of "I am no longer watching this show" during that season was highly prevalent on several of the boards I was reading, so it doesn't surprise me that viewership is down. It's too bad too, because Emily's season so far has been one of the better one's. She is a breath of fresh air compared to the sleezy feeling of Ben's season.
    BTW, Coco46, JavaJo and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I so agree about the Ben season comment. I was totally and completely turned off by the sex fest that was greasy Ben and slutty Courtney. The sentiment of "I am no longer watching this show" during that season was highly prevalent on several of the boards I was reading, so it doesn't surprise me that viewership is down. It's too bad too, because Emily's season so far has been one of the better one's. She is a breath of fresh air compared to the sleezy feeling of Ben's season.
    I didn't watch one second of Ben's season because I thought he was dull and unattractive during Ashley's season.
    I prefer watching the Bachelorette shows as opposed to the Bachelor.
    More eye candy

And I am in the minority when I say that I liked Jake's season. I don't know much about him beyond the Bachelor and DWTS but I think he's a cutie pie.

I didn't watch Ashley's at all and I stopped watching Ben after the preview for the skinny dip. I don't consider myself a prude but I sure can't stand the reality in your face sex stuff that has happened here and on Big Brother the past few seasons as well. It is one thing to watch actors pretending to have sex (I watch Game of Thrones) but it is something else to me when I feel like a filthy voyeur watching real people get it on in an effort to find fame.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I'll be interested to see what happened with Ashley's season after episode 3. I remember a lot of people saying they were dropping the show because of Bentley and the impression they got of Ashley. I think that and Ben's season with Courtney ending up as the f1 had an impact on viewership. It's too bad because I'm enjoying Emily's season a lot more than either of them. I wasn't a fan of Ashley but I never miss the Bachelorette. Truthfully I never miss either no matter who the lead is because I always end up liking someone. I didn't take what Emily said badly but think she worded it wrong. She might be a little overly sensitive but really it boiled down to Allesandro not being anywhere near the right guy for her.
    Most of the episodes in Ashley's season had a ratings share of 2.3, 2.4 or 2.6. The finale of Ashley's season had a ratings share of 2.8. I think there is a core group of viewers who would watch no matter who the lead is, and whether there is, or isn't, a villain. If a Bentley-type villain was in Emily's season, maybe talking about how he prefers Ashley to Emily, there could be millions more viewers. I don't know how the ratings are affected by the fact that Emily doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Most of the episodes in Ashley's season had a ratings share of 2.3, 2.4 or 2.6. The finale of Ashley's season had a ratings share of 2.8. I think there is a core group of viewers who would watch no matter who the lead is, and whether there is, or isn't, a villain. If a Bentley-type villain was in Emily's season, maybe talking about how he prefers Ashley to Emily, there could be millions more viewers. I don't know how the ratings are affected by the fact that Emily doesn't work.
    Not at all. Why would that come in to play? Ashley wasn't "working" either. She was going to school, well actually taking a break from school to do the show lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Ashley is well on her way to becoming a dentist, if she isn't already, so that's hardly comparable to Emily's situation.
    tango7 likes this.

This thread has gone far afield. Please bring it back on topic to Emily and her journey.
    Monte71 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 6/4 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Probably so that she doesn't get flack from those that say, " She left her daughter all that time to do this show!". I think single parents are in a "damned if do and damned if you don't" situation. I agree, though, that I would not have shown Ricki's face on TV or my house. As someone else said, too many wackos out there.
    I agree, she's damned if she does or does not. But I think I would rather be damned for not taking her along .Way way too many weirdos out there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Probably so that she doesn't get flack from those that say, " She left her daughter all that time to do this show!". I think single parents are in a "damned if do and damned if you don't" situation. I agree, though, that I would not have shown Ricki's face on TV or my house. As someone else said, too many wackos out there.
    Oh I agree about the damned if you do, damned if you don't but, she doesn't need to have her on the screen so much. Emily could just say "I spent the morning with Ricki", "Ricki is travelling with me"...etc, talking about her being there, rather than having her on screen so often every episode. Not to mention, they showed her house. Repeatedly! We all know how nuts some people become over this dumb show, and just how nuts some people are ... period. That is a risk, that I as a grown woman would not expose myself to, let alone a child of mine. Considering how much she bitched about all the intrusive publicity when she was with Brad, and how the press would follow her and Ricki everywhere, I am frankly shocked that she allowed this.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Oh I agree about the damned if you do, damned if you don't but, she doesn't need to have her on the screen so much. Emily could just say "I spent the morning with Ricki", "Ricki is travelling with me"...etc, talking about her being there, rather than having her on screen so often every episode. Not to mention, they showed her house. Repeatedly! We all know how nuts some people become over this dumb show, and just how nuts some people are ... period. That is a risk, that I as a grown woman would not expose myself to, let alone a child of mine. Considering how much she bitched about all the intrusive publicity when she was with Brad, and how the press would follow her and Ricki everywhere, I am frankly shocked that she allowed this.
    I had wondered if she thought she was beating the press at their own game. Keep herself in the spotlight enough that they aren't so hungry.
    Monte71 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3