Closed Thread
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I agree. I didn't watch Ashley's season for much the same reason and I stopped watching Ben when it became apparent that his heart was in his pants. I watch more than enough TV as it is so it isn't a big issue to skip a season of something if it is just going to put me in a bad mood to watch it.
    His heart is still there '

I liked Ben's season- at least everyone does have a choice to skip it or not. I don't buy into them all living happily ever after on this show- but everyone deserves some happy in their life( even Ben) and yes, even Emily.I skipped alot of Ashley's season- I had my reasons.

I don't think Emily is the best they have had on this show. but she isn't the worst.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Every person watching forms their own opinions about characters on this show. Some love them, some can't stand them, some just watch for the laughs. Like Java, I really couldn't stand Ali so I skipped her show. I did think Chris was all kinds of cute, but even that couldn't hold my interest very much when she was just so irritating to me. Others loved that season. To each his own, I say.

Oh, and I at "his heart is in his pants"
    1dog2kids likes this.

OOH Chris. I almost forgot about him. He was the only thing I liked about that season and I felt bad that his broken heart over the death of his mum was being rehashed and rehashed....I am glad Emily has put a moratorium on the poor me with the dead fiance angle.
    ilja likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I am glad Emily has put a moratorium on the poor me with the dead fiance angle
    Thank hank for that!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think that your partner should feel honored to be with you, as you should with him. Love, honor and cherish are classic wedding vows that are spoken by millions of people every day.

As for the negativity, there is always the option to not watch. I disliked Alli a whole lot and I didn't watch one minute of her season. I knew it would only irritate me so I avoided it.
    ICAM. Well said!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I did think she laid it on a little thick with the "you should feel honored" shtick. It was the uppity way she said it, too. That's what I was trying to say in an earlier post. It's like she expects INSTANT adoration and devotion to her child. Those things might (or might not) come in time. It's not like meeting the queen of England. You have to get to know someone, even a child. Whoopi Goldberg even commented about it today on The View when they showed the clip of Alessandro and Emily having that talk. Whoopi said (parapharasing) when a man dates a woman with a child, he has to see if he likes the child and if the child likes him. In other words, it's not *immediate* . It's a relationship that has to develop like any other. If I just met a man with a child and he told me I need, right at that point, to feel honored to help raise that child I've never met or laid eyes on, I'd think the guy was a bit presumptuous. Plus, although Alessandro was creepy to me both for what we did see (the gypsy, the cheating, plus he never looked clean to me) and did not (the vampire obsession), I do consider what another poster said about the word for "commitment" in Portuguese sounding very much like the word "compromise" in English, and that could have been what he meant in that discussion. Oh well, he was not the right one for Emily, anyway. Another ridiculous producer pick.
    bachelorwatcher and wannasee like this.

We honestly have no idea how that entire conversation between Emily and Alessandro went. We saw only what TPTB wanted us to see. If the rest of their time together that night (that they didn't show) was a sample of what happened, then Emily definately did the right thing for her and Ricki. I was a single mother for 3 years and if any man had told me that being a father would be a compromise for him he would be out the door so fast his head would still be spinning a month later. As many times as we did see Emily ask him to clarify himself I'm sure that he said exactly what he meant. If a person can't accept a single parent and their child then they need to move on to someone without a child.
    mesachick likes this.

Not building off any previous comments here .... I like to amuse myself with pair Emily (mentally) with the men from Ashley's season .... wondering how they would have reacted, if any would have appealed to her, etc. etc. The ones I can remember, anyway, LOL!

FORT Fogey

The third episode of Emily's season had a 1.9 ratings share and 5.79 million viewers. By contrast, the third episode of Ashley's season had a 2.6 ratings share, and 8.13 million viewers. The villains must be ratings gold for the show... and not the chosen bachelorette or bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The third episode of Emily's season had a 1.9 ratings share and 5.79 million viewers. By contrast, the third episode of Ashley's season had a 2.6 ratings share, and 8.13 million viewers. The villains must be ratings gold for the show... and not the chosen bachelorette or bachelor.
    I'll be interested to see what happened with Ashley's season after episode 3. I remember a lot of people saying they were dropping the show because of Bentley and the impression they got of Ashley. I think that and Ben's season with Courtney ending up as the f1 had an impact on viewership. It's too bad because I'm enjoying Emily's season a lot more than either of them. I wasn't a fan of Ashley but I never miss the Bachelorette. Truthfully I never miss either no matter who the lead is because I always end up liking someone.

I didn't take what Emily said badly but think she worded it wrong. She might be a little overly sensitive but really it boiled down to Allesandro not being anywhere near the right guy for her.

Closed Thread