Closed Thread
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    I'm curious since you seem to be privy to her "life style"......what outrageous and demanding things would this husband need to support?
    I wonder how many of those guys live in a house comparable to hers? Besides that, she seems hardly low maintenance. Compare her vibe and appearance to someone like Ali or Ashley.
    AZChristian likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

All she needs is a shiny, sparkly tiara on her head in that picture since it sounds like she's taking over Trista's reign as the Bachelorette's leading lady

I was happily surprised she only said "um" a few times during her fireside chat with CH and didn't notice her saying it at all when talking to the men. Hopefully, she's put that bad habit on the backburner.

Should be an interesting season, though that kissing montage was pretty funny - some of them looked pretty painful (as in she wasn't too into them). I'm keeping an open mind...I'm keeping an open mind...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The guys they picked seem to be in starter careers- going by the bios since I lost the TV to hockey last night and will have to wait for On Demand to turn up in a few days.

I was wondering, though just to be silly if Chris Harrison is now available- we could be seeing the most dramatic twist ever this season :p
    KocktailKat likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post

I was wondering, though just to be silly if Chris Harrison is now available- we could be seeing the most dramatic twist ever this season :p
    Now that would be a twist !!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Is there a reason for the "tattoo count" portion of the biographies?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    The guys they picked seem to be in starter careers- going by the bios since I lost the TV to hockey last night and will have to wait for On Demand to turn up in a few days.

No, def. not silly - I said the same thing to DH and he laughed and said he thought he noticed CH giving Emily some looks. Stranger things have happened here on the show...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Sorry (don't know why I'm apologizing), but Emily still annoys me for the same reason this time as on Brad's season. Going back to her being high maintenance and needing to be supported in the style to which she has become accustomed thanks to the Hendricks family .... it's great that she's a volunteer (although we have no idea how many hours a week that entails) but many people do work for a living in addition to volunteering. Emily seems to me to see herself as somehow privileged and above all that due to conceiving and giving birth to the Hendrick's grandchild. Certainly she is entitled to some suppport from these wealthy people for her child, but she seems to feel a little TOO entitled. What about at least a part-time paying job to show she's willing to be somewhat self-sufficient? How about going back to school to learn a career or get a degree she can use in the world of work that most people inhabit? How can she have any self-esteem when she's a young, healthy woman who has chosen to be totally dependent on her would-have-been in-laws for financial support? I had to laugh when Lerone said one of the reasons he liked Emily is because she's a single mom and that means she's independent. Ha, really? She depends on other people for for her whole upscale lifestyle and all her spending money, like a child getting an allowance. Maybe she knew right away she had to get rid of Lerone because he was so wrong about her. There are so many single moms who ARE independent and hard-working. They do it all. Emily doesn't support herself or her child. I wonder if her financial support from the Hendricks would decrease at all after she gets married. Any man who proposes to her needs to think about that. She has no job, makes no money, and doesn't seem prepared to contribute financially to any new family she creates. I hope the guy is rich and so smitten with her physically that he doesn't notice this or care.
    luvlady345 and nennie like this.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Emily sued the Hendricks to get an allowance from them, or if they volunteered to give her money.

Speculation and a lot of bad information about Emily and the Hendricks was played out to the point of beating a dead horse during Brad's season. Please, let's not slip into that quagmire in this thread.

Brad's thread is available for reading at the bottom of the index; it is not available for posting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I don't know if it's speculation or bad information, but it doesn't seem to be either in relation to Emily working for a living. She does not. Her job has been given as "volunteering." Maybe she's paid for that, or for being pretty and tragic.

Closed Thread