Closed Thread
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Then there were also the rumors running rampant during Brad's season that what Emily really wanted from the beginning was the lead role as B'ette. Her appearance on Brad's season was to introduce her to the viewers, make her look sympathetic (and how!), then give her the lead role instead of Ashley. But Brad messed all that up when he chose Emily, so Emily stayed with Brad long enough to make it look legit and garner some sympathy for herself when they broke up. Now this season she will choose someone, they will stay together long enough to make it look legit and break up when and if any better jobs in front of the cameras come along for her. Who knows what's true, but this scenario seems most likely to me, judging from what I've seen of Emily so far. If Emily was indeed looking for a serious life partner for herself and father figure for her daughter, doing this show again is the worst possible way to accomplish that goal. But, that's JHMO.
    Do you think the producers wanted Emily from day one, and told Brad to keep giving her a rose? Well, Brad temporarily interfered with the producer's plan. Also, Emily does crave the spotlight... and getting paid to be in the spotlight is an added bonus. But, being on reality TV doesn't lead to the career that contestants hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Then there were also the rumors running rampant during Brad's season that what Emily really wanted from the beginning was the lead role as B'ette. Her appearance on Brad's season was to introduce her to the viewers, make her look sympathetic (and how!), then give her the lead role instead of Ashley. But Brad messed all that up when he chose Emily, so Emily stayed with Brad long enough to make it look legit and garner some sympathy for herself when they broke up. Now this season she will choose someone, they will stay together long enough to make it look legit and break up when and if any better jobs in front of the cameras come along for her.

Who knows what's true, but this scenario seems most likely to me, judging from what I've seen of Emily so far. If Emily was indeed looking for a serious life partner for herself and father figure for her daughter, doing this show again is the worst possible way to accomplish that goal. But, that's JHMO.
    It worked for Jason Mesnick though. He and Molly have been married for two years. Sure he went about it horribly with Melissa, but he did end up married to Molly. It may not be the best possible way, but sometimes it does work... just look at Trista and Ryan.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Do you think the producers wanted Emily from day one, and told Brad to keep giving her a rose? Well, Brad temporarily interfered with the producer's plan. Also, Emily does crave the spotlight... and getting paid to be in the spotlight is an added bonus. But, being on reality TV doesn't lead to the career that contestants hope for.
    I think Brad was supposed to keep Emily (as in the producers' plan) to F3 or F2 so she would be well known to the viewers and be available to be the next lead. But Brad had other ideas, so TPTB modified their plan, and put Ashley in as filler for one season while they waited for the right timing to star Emily as lead B'ette.

I remember Emily on ATFR coming off as PO'd that she wasn't given a more fun-loving edit -- she insisted that she really was fun and if she had been given more fun dates, the public would have seen that. Now she has her own season and what's her first 1-1 date? Baking cookies. I think that Emily really is as dull as dishwater once you get past the pretty exterior and couldn't possibly hack it as an entertainment show host or interviewer or whatever it is she has her sights set on. So yeah, I agree that being on reality TV won't ultimately lead to happiness and satisfaction for Miss Emily. I hope whoever her F1 is can handle all of that.
    Rattus and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Emily's alright I guess..would not have been my first pick for the bachelorette..the only negative thing I believe I ever said about Emily was I never saw any real interest on her part during her season with Brad....so either she is a good actress and kept her feelings really hidden last time or she wasn't really feeling it with Brad...cause I swear the looks she gives Jef is unlike any I have seen her give any of the other guys nor did I ever see her look at Brad the way she looks at Jef...maybe I am the only one seeing it..but I think and this is just a guess on my part..that Jef will be the F1
    Coco46 and jucamer like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Emily's alright I guess..would not have been my first pick for the bachelorette..the only negative thing I believe I ever said about Emily was I never saw any real interest on her part during her season with Brad....so either she is a good actress and kept her feelings really hidden last time or she wasn't really feeling it with Brad...cause I swear the looks she gives Jef is unlike any I have seen her give any of the other guys nor did I ever see her look at Brad the way she looks at Jef...maybe I am the only one seeing it..but I think and this is just a guess on my part..that Jef will be the F1
    I see it too. For tptb to show it so quickly, for me means they intend showing a real love story for once. After their track record, maybe they know the audience will be looking for all kinds of things and may miss it. But, my feeling is that this season is just a straight up love story with no gimmicks.
    jucamer likes this.

I think that Emily probably is buckets of fun when she's comfortable. I'm sure she's trying to be respectful of her family and Ricky's, too, and that could be why she seems so reserved. I do remember that most of the girls on Brad's season adored her and said she really is as sweet as she was portrayed.
    ilja, jucamer and Baby's Breath like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Her friends seem pretty normal, crazy ladies to me. I think she is in a situation where she is around a much older group of women, though so I hope she manages to find a man that works well for her true age and not her self-imposed age due to circumstance. I think that will make her much happier.
    jucamer likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Emily told Alessandro he should feel “honored” to be a part of her and Ricki’s lif vs feeling it’s a compromise. (Okay, Alessandro is not prize, but that’s beside the point.) Clearly, Emily feels that she and Ricki are royalty.

Combine that with the RickiRickiRicki droning, the fact that Emily has no goals or even interests, she is completely superficial, and she has noting between her ears except a vacant parking lot.

Yet, some just can’t understand the negativity towards her. Hmmm.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Emily told Alessandro he should feel “honored” to be a part of her and Ricki’s lif vs feeling it’s a compromise. (Okay, Alessandro is not prize, but that’s beside the point.) Clearly, Emily feels that she and Ricki are royalty.

Yet, some just can’t understand the negativity towards her. Hmmm.
    I think that your partner should feel honored to be with you, as you should with him. Love, honor and cherish are classic wedding vows that are spoken by millions of people every day.

As for the negativity, there is always the option to not watch. I disliked Alli a whole lot and I didn't watch one minute of her season. I knew it would only irritate me so I avoided it.
    waywyrd, J.D., sweetpea and 5 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think that your partner should feel honored to be with you, as you should with him. Love, honor and cherish are classic wedding vows that are spoken by millions of people every day.

As for the negativity, there is always the option to not watch. I disliked Alli a whole lot and I didn't watch one minute of her season. I knew it would only irritate me so I avoided it.
    I agree. I didn't watch Ashley's season for much the same reason and I stopped watching Ben when it became apparent that his heart was in his pants. I watch more than enough TV as it is so it isn't a big issue to skip a season of something if it is just going to put me in a bad mood to watch it.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread