Closed Thread
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    With this show, I've learned to take a lot of the declarations that are made with a huge grain of salt. Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but when Jason went on and on about how hard it was to be a single dad and find someone, or when Brad lamented not being able to find love, and yes, when Emily talks about how she can't get a date and stays home lonely wandering the house after little Ricky goes to bed...well, I just take that as plot points, frankly. Jason was a good looking, stable job, single guy ... I'm quite sure there were hundreds of women within his circle and his circle's circle who would have liked to date him. Ditto with Brad, especially as he doesn't seem to be looking for long-term no matter what he might say, and there are a lot of young girls who go to his bars who I don't think would turn him down. Same with Emily. I don't see her having trouble finding and meeting eligible bachelors who would happily take on a ready-made family.

So if we take those comments out of the mix when it comes to the show, what do we have left? Usually these people are there because it's exciting to be on television, doubly so if you are the lead of the show and the one everyone is chasing. You are pampered, flattered, everything revolves around you. Lately you get to travel around the world on an extended 5 star vacation!! For many people that is too hard to resist. They may stumble into love but the majority of them I think love isn't their first and foremost reason for doing the show.
    If I look at it like that...well, it makes it easier for me to roll my eyes when people talk about being crushed about getting let go, or when they cry and tell us how hard it is to find love when you're young, single, beautiful, successful...
    Well said , I think you hit the nail on the head.
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I can't imagine Emily coming out unscathed. She may but Fleiss seems to have that cruel streak running down his spine and somewhere along the line I have to think he will cast a shadow.
    I feel this time the shadow will not be from Fleiss as he seems to love Emily. The shadow may be cast by the doubters and media etc.

On the other hand, at least with 250k, Emily at least has made sure she is well compensated for the disturbance. The previous TB/bettes negative publicity may not have been worth the money they got.

FORT Fogey

There is a certain reality TV type that craves the spotlight... that wants millions of people to know who they are. I think Emily is a lot like Jake Pavelka in that regard.

I don't. Emily said no numerous times before she said yes. They really wanted her, but she must have wondered if she could put herself and Ricki through it again. Last Bachette season many of the guys arrived thinking Emily would be the lead, but surprise. Part of the first night was Bachelors telling Ashley they were glad it was her.

I'm enjoying her twist on the lead this season. With the change of city, she found the balance to stay in her child's life, and to make the situation more real to the contenders.
    mesachick, Coco46, JavaJo and 3 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    If I became a single mother, I would not marry a man if he weren't totally devoted to my child as well as to myself. He is marrying a family, not just a woman, when a child is involved. To do it any other way will either lead to divorce, or the child feeling like crap and worthless or resentful. The rest about what she expects etc, that is all just assumptions. When a man falls in love with a woman he normally WANTS to give the woman any and everything. I still don't see a problem here.
    I was a single mom with two little boys when I met my husband. He's always put the kids first and has been more of a father to them than their own has. There are men out there that 'get it' and don't have a problem stepping up. My husband was 25 when I met him, so I don't think age is really a factor....maturity level is.
    albean99, mesachick and ilja like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

We really don't know if she said no "numerous times" before she said yes. That could all be more PR hype for the show. Ashley was chosen last time not because Emily said no, but because Emily was not broken up with Brad yet by the time they had to get someone nailed down. That all happened around the same time. It was too late to get Emily for that season. Emily's got that shy, sweet shrinking violet act down to an art.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    We really don't know if she said no "numerous times" before she said yes. That could all be more PR hype for the show. Ashley was chosen last time not because Emily said no, but because Emily was not broken up with Brad yet by the time they had to get someone nailed down. That all happened around the same time. It was too late to get Emily for that season. Emily's got that shy, sweet shrinking violet act down to an art.
    It has been said numerous times by Emily and Chris Harrison that she was hesitant to take the lead role and said no a few times. Keltie Colleen, a girl on Brad 2.0, is good friends with Emily and said on twitter to someone that the producers basically kept calling Emily asking her to be the lead.

It has also been said by someone that knows Brad that producers were actually trying to get Emily to be the bachelorette even when she was still in a relationship with Brad.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm sure Emily is familiar enough with this show to know that finding true, lasting love rarely ever happens. Looking at her history of failed attempts to make it on TV, I think she's far more interested in getting some kind of TV gig out of it like Ali and Jillian did.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fogey

Then there were also the rumors running rampant during Brad's season that what Emily really wanted from the beginning was the lead role as B'ette. Her appearance on Brad's season was to introduce her to the viewers, make her look sympathetic (and how!), then give her the lead role instead of Ashley. But Brad messed all that up when he chose Emily, so Emily stayed with Brad long enough to make it look legit and garner some sympathy for herself when they broke up. Now this season she will choose someone, they will stay together long enough to make it look legit and break up when and if any better jobs in front of the cameras come along for her.

Who knows what's true, but this scenario seems most likely to me, judging from what I've seen of Emily so far. If Emily was indeed looking for a serious life partner for herself and father figure for her daughter, doing this show again is the worst possible way to accomplish that goal. But, that's JHMO.
    Thor, nennie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Just a reminder:

Everyone seems to have strong opinions about Emily, but the tone of this thread is beginning to take a negative turn. Let's remain respectful of our fellow posters, please.

Jo
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread