Closed Thread
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Newbie

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't care why she is on this show. To find love , or to find money. I just really want to know when she jumped into the pool with full make up on, did her mascara run!! Oh one more thing, her pearly whites are far too pearly, I find myself looking at them, they are neon!

Jason was a part time dad, he didn't have his son all the time. They made him out to look like he was a full time dad.
    It's entertainment this show, complete with the good, the bad and the ugly - This show has it all.
    Yes it's an entertainment show and the producers especially Mike Fleiss are scum. But what exactly is the problem with Emily? I don't see how it's relevant if she went to Nashville or even Tokyo. There's not one shred of evidence that she's not a doting mother to her child and that her girl is not the center of her life.

Emily seems ambitious. She wants a man who "deserves" her. She doesn't want to settle. Her father is extremely wealthy and she wants the finer things in life. There's nothing wrong with that. Many women have had hard scrabble lives and that is admirable but there's nothing wrong with being beautiful, rich, charming or able to do what one wants with her life. I don't see how Emily has misled or lied about anything. There's really no reason for the show to talk about how rich her father was or whether she's gone to Nashville. What she stated on the Bachelor was that she was single (which is true), that she was a single mom (which is true), that she and the guy were in a monogamous relationship looking to get married (which is true) and that she was ready for love (which is true). What's the problem?

I think the debate about whether or not Emily was Ricky's fiancee was beaten to death during Brad's season. As Emily herself suggested, we should let the past go and move on to what is happening with her currently, which is being foolish enough to let Mike Fleiss get his claws into her one more time in the hopes that he won't throw her to the wolves like he has every other recycled lead we've had on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think the debate about whether or not Emily was Ricky's fiancee was beaten to death during Brad's season. As Emily herself suggested, we should let the past go and move on to what is happening with her currently, which is being foolish enough to let Mike Fleiss get his claws into her one more time in the hopes that he won't throw her to the wolves like he has every other recycled lead we've had on this show.
    Surely Mr. Fleiss wouldn't do that to Emily.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Most of this discussion is new to me. I didn't watch the last three episodes of Brad's season... and, even before that, I didn't read very many posts. I did read some magazine articles; and of course magazines had to make sure that the facts were true before they printed them. And, I've read that Emily "won't permit" them to treat her the way that they let Bentley treat Ashley. Emily supposedly gets special considerations, besides filming the show in her home town.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Surely Mr. Fleiss wouldn't do that to Emily.
    You forgot the part of this post!

And why does she get special consideration? Fleiss seems to be very equal opportunity in throwing all his leads to the wolves. Not sure why he'd be any different this time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Who cares? Really? I care when people lie, and pretty much Emily's entire story and the way she is being presented and portrayed ... except that she became pregnant by a very wealthy man who died in a plane crash ... is full of holes. Many people on this board complained long and loud about how Jason Mesnick was portrayed as a single dad, when his child's mother was very much in the picture, and that is nothing in terms of exaggeration about the lead compared to this.
    very nicely said...if you really care that people don't lie then I am sorry to tell you but this is the wrong show for you

anyone you see on the screen is a puppet being controlled by the Fleissmonster and his minions ...and all that man knows how to do is lie
    nennie and mesachick like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Most of this discussion is new to me. I didn't watch the last three episodes of Brad's season... and, even before that, I didn't read very many posts. I did read some magazine articles; and of course magazines had to make sure that the facts were true before they printed them. And, I've read that Emily "won't permit" them to treat her the way that they let Bentley treat Ashley. Emily supposedly gets special considerations, besides filming the show in her home town.
    If Fleiss didn't want Emily to be the lead so much then he wouldn't give in to these "special considerations". As for Emily not allowing a man to treat her the way Bentley treated Ashley, how is that a special consideration? What right minded woman would want a man to treat her that way? Emily is sticking up for herself, Fleiss is willing to shoot in her hometown so that she can be with Rikki. I say more power to Emily! Way for her to stick to what she wants. Fleiss could have said no and picked a different lead, but he didn't.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    And why does she get special consideration? Fleiss seems to be very equal opportunity in throwing all his leads to the wolves. Not sure why he'd be any different this time.
    Emily got special treatment because the producers probably thought she'd be good for ratings. I've checked the ratings for the first two episodes of this season, and compared them to the ratings for the first two episodes of Ashely's season... and the ratings for the first two episodes of both seasons are about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I can't imagine Emily coming out unscathed. She may but Fleiss seems to have that cruel streak running down his spine and somewhere along the line I have to think he will cast a shadow.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Closed Thread