Closed Thread
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 533
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

  1. #141
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Who cares? Really? I care when people lie, and pretty much Emily's entire story and the way she is being presented and portrayed ... except that she became pregnant by a very wealthy man who died in a plane crash ... is full of holes. Many people on this board complained long and loud about how Jason Mesnick was portrayed as a single dad, when his child's mother was very much in the picture, and that is nothing in terms of exaggeration about the lead compared to this.
    Thor, tango7 and norealityhere like this.

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Who cares? Really? I care when people lie, and pretty much Emily's entire story and the way she is being presented and portrayed ... except that she became pregnant by a very wealthy man who died in a plane crash ... is full of holes. Many people on this board complained long and loud about how Jason Mesnick was portrayed as a single dad, when his child's mother was very much in the picture, and that is nothing in terms of exaggeration about the lead compared to this.
    I think that's really my problem with Emily as well. Her entire public personna is predicated on a lie. The backstory that maryhse posted a couple of pages back that was discovered during Brad's season pretty much sums up the reason for my disgust? disdain? general dislike? of Emily. When you start with a lie, nothing else going forward can believed IMO.
    tango7 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  3. #143
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    It's interesting, because men are such visual creatures and sometimes their brains don't kick in until much later. Right now all they see is a face and figure and a certain sweet persona, but when or if they come to know her and really see the kind of life and financial support she's accustomed to having handed to her on a silver platter, and they realize that they're going to be expected to take on a hefty amount of that or else GTFO, things might just be different.

  4. #144
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I think that's really my problem with Emily as well. Her entire public personna is predicated on a lie. The backstory that maryhse posted a couple of pages back that was discovered during Brad's season pretty much sums up the reason for my disgust? disdain? general dislike? of Emily. When you start with a lie, nothing else going forward can believed IMO.
    There's the whole lie issue, and then there's the fact (that's right, fact) that she is sooooo freakin' dull. And, I hazard to say, dim-witted.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  5. #145
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,048

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    I don't know how anyone can believe these supposed "holes" anymore than the "facts". If you don't like Emily for whatever reason, I imagine one would choose to believe the holes (which are not exactly factual based). For example, in the backstory that Maryhse posted, one hole was that they really weren't engaged. Well I happened to find a picture showing the happy couple together, with her sporting a beautiful engagement ring, so that is one "hole" that is non existant.

    Attachment 0Emily-Maynard-Ricky-Hendrick-Engaged.jpg

    Who's to say the rest of the story, while maybe exaggerated to some extent by the producers, isn't just as valid? There seems to be a lot of assumptions being slung around. And let's be honest, every single contestant on every single season of this show, has had their bio's exaggerated by the producers to make them seem more exciting. So why is it any big surprise that the same thing was done with Emily's bio?

    Just a comment about Jason Mesnick - one of my least favorite bachelors ever btw... what is this about him not being a single dad? He was a single dad. It doesn't matter if the mother of his child was in the picture, if they weren't married or living together, then he was a single dad. That comment was confusing lol.
    JavaJo, ilja, Photobabe and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    According to maryhse's post, Emily went to Nashville hoping to get into the entertainment field. When that didn't work out, Emily tried interviewing Nascar drivers for a show. Then Emily applied to be on the Bachelor. Maryhse also wrote that she thinks that Emily isn't looking for love, but for the spotlight... which is also what Jake Pavelka was all about.

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Re Mesnick, he was portrayed as having sole custody of his child, devoting all his free time to his child, etc., when in fact he shared custody. Re the ring, in Brad's season, people who know more about altering photos than I do said the ring was photoshopped before the picture was released by the Hendricks. Many people said that in fact that particular ring was the same one that Ricky gave to his fiancee, whose name I can't remember, who returned it when they broke up. Ricky Sr. then gave it to Emily to "save face" after Jr. died and she announced she was pregnant. That's the way that story goes, and no one story is more right or wrong than the other because none of us were there and we can only go by what we read. There were certainly many stories and interviews with diverse people who all said the same thing. The only people who claim otherwise are Emily's family and ABC, for obvious reasons. That photo was widely circulated during Brad's season, and is not a discovery by any means. It was all over the place, in an attempt to "prove" they were really engaged.
    Alexxxx likes this.

  8. #148
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Re Mesnick, he was portrayed as having sole custody of his child, devoting all his free time to his child, etc., when in fact he shared custody. Re the ring, in Brad's season, people who know more about altering photos than I do said the ring was photoshopped before the picture was released by the Hendricks. Many people said that in fact that particular ring was the same one that Ricky gave to his fiancee, whose name I can't remember, who returned it when they broke up. Ricky Sr. then gave it to Emily to "save face" after Jr. died and she announced she was pregnant. That's the way that story goes, and no one story is more right or wrong than the other because none of us were there and we can only go by what we read. There were certainly many stories and interviews with diverse people who all said the same thing. The only people who claim otherwise are Emily's family and ABC, for obvious reasons. That photo was widely circulated during Brad's season, and is not a discovery by any means. It was all over the place, in an attempt to "prove" they were really engaged.
    You're right: photos can be photoshopped. Also, Emily supposedly volunteers as an event planner. But, on the most recent show, Emily said that her job is to be a mom. And, they showed that a typical day for her was to bake cookies and bring juice to soccer practice. They didn't show her at the hospital planning events as part of her typical day. So, from watching that episode, I wonder if she spends, or has spent, any time at all planning events.

  9. #149
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,200

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't know how anyone can believe these supposed "holes" anymore than the "facts". If you don't like Emily for whatever reason, I imagine one would choose to believe the holes (which are not exactly factual based). For example, in the backstory that Maryhse posted, one hole was that they really weren't engaged. Well I happened to find a picture showing the happy couple together, with her sporting a beautiful engagement ring, so that is one "hole" that is non existant.

    Attachment 0Attachment 28399

    Who's to say the rest of the story, while maybe exaggerated to some extent by the producers, isn't just as valid? There seems to be a lot of assumptions being slung around. And let's be honest, every single contestant on every single season of this show, has had their bio's exaggerated by the producers to make them seem more exciting. So why is it any big surprise that the same thing was done with Emily's bio?

    Just a comment about Jason Mesnick - one of my least favorite bachelors ever btw... what is this about him not being a single dad? He was a single dad. It doesn't matter if the mother of his child was in the picture, if they weren't married or living together, then he was a single dad. That comment was confusing lol.


    I don't care why she is on this show. To find love , or to find money. I just really want to know when she jumped into the pool with full make up on, did her mascara run!! Oh one more thing, her pearly whites are far too pearly, I find myself looking at them, they are neon!

    Jason was a part time dad, he didn't have his son all the time. They made him out to look like he was a full time dad.
    It's entertainment this show, complete with the good, the bad and the ugly - This show has it all.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #150
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,048

    Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    You're right: photos can be photoshopped. Also, Emily supposedly volunteers as an event planner. But, on the most recent show, Emily said that her job is to be a mom. And, they showed that a typical day for her was to bake cookies and bring juice to soccer practice. They didn't show her at the hospital planning events as part of her typical day. So, from watching that episode, I wonder if she spends, or has spent, any time at all planning events.
    Because going to the hospital and having Ryan watching her fill out paperwork for events would have been so exciting right? This was a date, baking cookies is a much better activity for that wouldn't you agree? Yes photo's can be photoshopped. Doesn't mean that it was though. They sure were a happy couple though, that certainly wasn't photoshopped.

    I'm with Fanny... I want to know if her mascara will run too! Which guy will she send home next? Who will be the F2?? All things that actually have to do with the show, that's what I find interesting.
    J.D., ilja, Photobabe and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.