Closed Thread
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Bottom line, I don't care whether Emily is rich, middle class or poor or what values she is or isn't teaching her daughter. At this point they aren't taking from society, and by all accounts Emily is giving back to the community. Even if it is only a few hours a week. What I care about is I tune into a train wreck show of "true love" between Emily and 25 mostly inappropriate (for her) men trying to fit into her lifestyle while they become "famous" for being a reality star and trying to decide who will end up on Bachelor Pad this summer.

LOL! A most excellent post!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

We don't know what the truth is about ANYTHING we see on the air. She might have volunteered once, she might volunteer regularly, or she might not volunteer at all. The comments made were for the most part from research when Emily was on Brad's season. She might be teaching Ricki the value of a dollar, or it might not have entered her mind to do so. Children learn more by observing their parents than they do by what parents say. Actions speak louder than words. Everything stated could be turned around the other way, too. Doesn't make one opinion right and the other wrong.

FORT Fogey

This is my best TB ever. Except to sleuth, I have never been able to watch a complete episode of TB. Too boring for my liking. Missed most of the RC etc. I have watched 2 episodes of this TB and it is sensational. I feel this time tptb are really intent on giving us a love story. The conversatin Emily has with the men are also more meaningful that some of the crap from seasons past. I really am enjoying it. I am looking forward to Emily finding love.
    ilja likes this.

Call me negative Nellie but I never expect a love story out of this show. I got over believing that a long time ago.
    Alexxxx, Fanny Mare and AlwaysVeg like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    Am I watching the wrong reality show? How the heck do we know Rickie isn't learning how to stand on her own two feet? I don't see how we know exactly what Emily is teaching LR. We don't know that she isn't being taught what the value of a dollar is or whether it could be gone tomorrow. This show isn't about what Emily is or isn't teaching Rickie as far as learning to be self-sufficient. It's about Emily and her "quest" to find true love. Just because someone is wealthly doesn't automatically make them not understand how to be self-sufficient or not worry about their finances. Trust funds do dry up. Do we know she isn't giving Rickie chores and paying her for them so she could learn the value of a dollar? Do we know whether Rickie is "given" everything or is she being taught that "getting" everything you want isn't always just by asking, that you have to work for it or earn it. Do we know they don't talk about what Rickie has and what her friends might not have? I'm not tuning into a parenting show where we learn what values Emily is teaching Rickie. I find it interesting just because Emily lives in a nice house, doesn't have to work and can stay home with her daughter that she is judged so harshly. I must have missed the part where we know exactly how much money she is receiving as an allowance from her daughters grandparents or even her parents or how much money she received from a life insurance policy or if she was even named on one. She has nothing to do once Rickie goes to bed so for all we know she is taking online courses, or reading to increase her knowledge or twiddling her thumbs. Who knows and who cares. Not everyone is cut out to receive a "higher education" nor should everyone be expected too. Education isn't the only way to "improve oneself". If she chooses to volunteer as full time job then so be it. I say kudos to her. I'm always looking for volunteers and they are FEW and FAR between. We could certainly use more people volunteering and giving back to the community. What a GREAT lesson that is for little Rickie. More people need to learn to give back when they have and others don't. Volunteering takes a lot of time and most people I meet want to know what they get out of it, not what they can contribute. It may not be a paying job but someone still has to do it or places that count on volunteers wouldn't be able to do half of what they need to do because they don't have funding or a budget to cover it. If you can give back to the community and not take from it what is wrong with that? I hope my children learn that even though they can "have" what they want others can't and they should "give" as much of themselves in time and financial help as they are able to give.

Bottom line, I don't care whether Emily is rich, middle class or poor or what values she is or isn't teaching her daughter. At this point they aren't taking from society, and by all accounts Emily is giving back to the community. Even if it is only a few hours a week. What I care about is I tune into a train wreck show of "true love" between Emily and 25 mostly inappropriate (for her) men trying to fit into her lifestyle while they become "famous" for being a reality star and trying to decide who will end up on Bachelor Pad this summer.

JMHO
    Love your post and ICAM.

In my opinion, unless she is scamming off welfare, it doesn't make a bit of difference how she lives, makes a living, etc. This show isn't about Emily and her standard of living. It's about Emily trying to find love. How about we all sit back, stop judging her on things that make no difference in relation to the show, and enjoy/bash/love her journey on The Bachelorette. How about that Kalon (a definite Bachelor Pad probability lol) ???
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    We don't know what the truth is about ANYTHING we see on the air. She might have volunteered once, she might volunteer regularly, or she might not volunteer at all. The comments made were for the most part from research when Emily was on Brad's season. She might be teaching Ricki the value of a dollar, or it might not have entered her mind to do so. Children learn more by observing their parents than they do by what parents say. Actions speak louder than words. Everything stated could be turned around the other way, too. Doesn't make one opinion right and the other wrong.
    Somebody posted that maybe Rick Hendricks donated millions to the children's hospital, and Emily was given a title of "volunteer" because of that. When they showed a typical day for Emily, they showed her baking cookies, not volunteering at the hospital... so as far as I can tell, all, or most, of her time is spent at home. And, AlwaysVeg, I agree with what you said... children learn by observing their parents, and actions do speak louder than words. How can Emily really teach Ricki the value of a dollar when they have a house, car, food, and clothes, even though Emily doesn't work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    Am I watching the wrong reality show? How the heck do we know Rickie isn't learning how to stand on her own two feet? I don't see how we know exactly what Emily is teaching LR. We don't know that she isn't being taught what the value of a dollar is or whether it could be gone tomorrow. This show isn't about what Emily is or isn't teaching Rickie as far as learning to be self-sufficient. It's about Emily and her "quest" to find true love. Just because someone is wealthly doesn't automatically make them not understand how to be self-sufficient or not worry about their finances. Trust funds do dry up. Do we know she isn't giving Rickie chores and paying her for them so she could learn the value of a dollar? Do we know whether Rickie is "given" everything or is she being taught that "getting" everything you want isn't always just by asking, that you have to work for it or earn it. Do we know they don't talk about what Rickie has and what her friends might not have? I'm not tuning into a parenting show where we learn what values Emily is teaching Rickie. I find it interesting just because Emily lives in a nice house, doesn't have to work and can stay home with her daughter that she is judged so harshly. I must have missed the part where we know exactly how much money she is receiving as an allowance from her daughters grandparents or even her parents or how much money she received from a life insurance policy or if she was even named on one. She has nothing to do once Rickie goes to bed so for all we know she is taking online courses, or reading to increase her knowledge or twiddling her thumbs. Who knows and who cares. Not everyone is cut out to receive a "higher education" nor should everyone be expected too. Education isn't the only way to "improve oneself". If she chooses to volunteer as full time job then so be it. I say kudos to her. I'm always looking for volunteers and they are FEW and FAR between. We could certainly use more people volunteering and giving back to the community. What a GREAT lesson that is for little Rickie. More people need to learn to give back when they have and others don't. Volunteering takes a lot of time and most people I meet want to know what they get out of it, not what they can contribute. It may not be a paying job but someone still has to do it or places that count on volunteers wouldn't be able to do half of what they need to do because they don't have funding or a budget to cover it. If you can give back to the community and not take from it what is wrong with that? I hope my children learn that even though they can "have" what they want others can't and they should "give" as much of themselves in time and financial help as they are able to give. Bottom line, I don't care whether Emily is rich, middle class or poor or what values she is or isn't teaching her daughter. At this point they aren't taking from society, and by all accounts Emily is giving back to the community. Even if it is only a few hours a week. What I care about is I tune into a train wreck show of "true love" between Emily and 25 mostly inappropriate (for her) men trying to fit into her lifestyle while they become "famous" for being a reality star and trying to decide who will end up on Bachelor Pad this summer. JMHO
    Even before you posted about Emily possibly "twiddling her thumbs," I thought about that possiblity. On the most recent show, Emily said that her job was to be a mom. If a typical day for her was to spend eight hours a day volunteering at the hospital, they would have shown her at the hospital... not at home baking cookies. Also, Emily might want someone who would be dovoted to Ricki 24 hours a day, just like she is. Maybe that's asking too much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Somebody posted that maybe Rick Hendricks donated millions to the children's hospital, and Emily was given a title of "volunteer" because of that. When they showed a typical day for Emily, they showed her baking cookies, not volunteering at the hospital... so as far as I can tell, all, or most, of her time is spent at home. And, AlwaysVeg, I agree with what you said... children learn by observing their parents, and actions do speak louder than words. How can Emily really teach Ricki the value of a dollar when they have a house, car, food, and clothes, even though Emily doesn't work.
    Rick Hendricks donated about $3 million to the hospital for a pediatric unit named in honor of his son Ricky. I know you can't believe everything you read online, but people interviewed for several different articles all said no one at the hospital ever heard of Emily or saw her volunteering there. A couple of reports noted that she was an intern at an event-planning firm for three months once upon a time, and that firm planned one event for the hospital.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Rick Hendricks donated about $3 million to the hospital for a pediatric unit named in honor of his son Ricky. I know you can't believe everything you read online, but people interviewed for several different articles all said no one at the hospital ever heard of Emily or saw her volunteering there. A couple of reports noted that she was an intern at an event-planning firm for three months once upon a time, and that firm planned one event for the hospital.
    That's interesting... that no one at the hospital ever heard of Emily or saw her volunteering there. So Emily interned at an event planning firm, then lost interest in being involved in event planning.

FORT Fogey

Who cares if Emily volunteers there. She raised money for them"."
    ilja likes this.

Closed Thread