Closed Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

It would be interesting if at least one of the men would ask Emily what her plans are for when Ricki gets older. No one is saying being a SAHM is a bad thing. If a parent is able to do that and has ample time and resources, great. But if I was planning to spend my life with someone I’d want to know what their long-term plan is – if they had one.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    From what we have seen of Emily's house it is very nice - but it is far from lavish..............And from what we have seen she seems to be a great Mom and truly loves and enjoys her daughter's company. Not sure of the reason why some have all of this negativity towards her &/or her daughter?
    Probably the same reason people lavish all this praise on her. We don't know her but are going off what we see being written and portrayed about her. Some see one thing and others see a different thing. Doesn't make either right or wrong. When she signed up for this show she put herself out there to get both praised and
    criticized. I personally wouldn't say anything about her child she is defenseless. This to me is a situation where we are all entitled to our opinion and agree to disagree. After this show ends everyone will go onto the next one and the same things will be said.
    luvlady345 and Rattus like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    During Brad's season, they showed the balcony on the second floor inside Emily's house. The house looks big and roomy from the inside. From the outside, the house doesn't look that big, but the street is tree-lined and it's a very nice-looking neighborhood. I think the only way Emily and Ricki will learn about being self-sufficient is if the support from her parents and Ricki's grandparents is cut off. If they continue to be provided for, they will never learn what the real world is like.
    But if their parents are worth the amounts that they are apparently worth they don't need to learn what the real world is like. Money won't be an issue when it is in the hundreds of millions. I am not saying this attitude is right but the reality is they are in a different world from most of us.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    It would be interesting if at least one of the men would ask Emily what her plans are for when Ricki gets older. No one is saying being a SAHM is a bad thing. If a parent is able to do that and has ample time and resources, great. But if I was planning to spend my life with someone I’d want to know what their long-term plan is – if they had one.
    That would be an interesting discussion and more than fair for a man to ask!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    But if their parents are worth the amounts that they are apparently worth they don't need to learn what the real world is like. Money won't be an issue when it is in the hundreds of millions. I am not saying this attitude is right but the reality is they are in a different world from most of us.
    That's true: they live in a completely different world. Also, it does seem odd to me that Emily lives the life of a stay-at-home soccer mom, yet doesn't even have a husband. Of course since she is provided for, she doesn't need a husband. I wonder if Emily would consider doing a reality show like the one Paris Hilton had. They showed Paris panhandling; working as a maid; riding a Greyhound bus; and shopping at a Salvation Army store.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    That would be an interesting discussion and more than fair for a man to ask!
    Do you think that question would even make it to air?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I agree. I don't understand why people want Emily to feel what a struggling single parent feels. I say good for her that she does not have the financial struggles that others may have and good for her for providing Ricki with a great home with the resources she has. I would never fault someone for not struggling like others. Life is not fair and obviously Emily has been blessed enough to not have financial struggles.

If I was Emily I probably would do the same thing. Be a stay at home mom and volunteer when I could. If she doesn't need to work, and doesn't want a corporate job or any job other than being a mom well than good for her!

FORT Fogey

Even extremely wealthy people can lose their money for one reason or another, especially in these times. It's happened to celebrities as well as wealthy people in other walks of life. I would want to teach my children to stand on their own two feet, or at the very least to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Do you think that question would even make it to air?
    Ha...likely not. Or if it did, maybe that was the REAL incident that elicited the "GTFO" from Emily. lol

Am I watching the wrong reality show? How the heck do we know Rickie isn't learning how to stand on her own two feet? I don't see how we know exactly what Emily is teaching LR. We don't know that she isn't being taught what the value of a dollar is or whether it could be gone tomorrow. This show isn't about what Emily is or isn't teaching Rickie as far as learning to be self-sufficient. It's about Emily and her "quest" to find true love. Just because someone is wealthly doesn't automatically make them not understand how to be self-sufficient or not worry about their finances. Trust funds do dry up. Do we know she isn't giving Rickie chores and paying her for them so she could learn the value of a dollar? Do we know whether Rickie is "given" everything or is she being taught that "getting" everything you want isn't always just by asking, that you have to work for it or earn it. Do we know they don't talk about what Rickie has and what her friends might not have? I'm not tuning into a parenting show where we learn what values Emily is teaching Rickie. I find it interesting just because Emily lives in a nice house, doesn't have to work and can stay home with her daughter that she is judged so harshly. I must have missed the part where we know exactly how much money she is receiving as an allowance from her daughters grandparents or even her parents or how much money she received from a life insurance policy or if she was even named on one. She has nothing to do once Rickie goes to bed so for all we know she is taking online courses, or reading to increase her knowledge or twiddling her thumbs. Who knows and who cares. Not everyone is cut out to receive a "higher education" nor should everyone be expected too. Education isn't the only way to "improve oneself". If she chooses to volunteer as full time job then so be it. I say kudos to her. I'm always looking for volunteers and they are FEW and FAR between. We could certainly use more people volunteering and giving back to the community. What a GREAT lesson that is for little Rickie. More people need to learn to give back when they have and others don't. Volunteering takes a lot of time and most people I meet want to know what they get out of it, not what they can contribute. It may not be a paying job but someone still has to do it or places that count on volunteers wouldn't be able to do half of what they need to do because they don't have funding or a budget to cover it. If you can give back to the community and not take from it what is wrong with that? I hope my children learn that even though they can "have" what they want others can't and they should "give" as much of themselves in time and financial help as they are able to give.

Bottom line, I don't care whether Emily is rich, middle class or poor or what values she is or isn't teaching her daughter. At this point they aren't taking from society, and by all accounts Emily is giving back to the community. Even if it is only a few hours a week. What I care about is I tune into a train wreck show of "true love" between Emily and 25 mostly inappropriate (for her) men trying to fit into her lifestyle while they become "famous" for being a reality star and trying to decide who will end up on Bachelor Pad this summer.

JMHO
    Last edited by Bjaminsmom; 05-25-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Closed Thread