Closed Thread
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I do think she is looking for someone to look after her financially. I hate to say it but the guys that have jobs like Rehab Counselor won't end up as the final pick. I think she's used to an expensive lifestyle. She dated Dale Earnhart Jr back in 2006. I think she wants someone rich, good looking, someone who'd going to fawn all over her and treat rikki like his own. I think she's asking for a lot and I wonder why she hasn't found anyone yet. I know she's only 26 but if she's so incredibly beautiful like all the men say you'd think she would have found someone already.
    There's something to be said for not settling. Maybe she just hasn't found the perfect guy yet. Just because you are beautiful doesn't mean you are going to find true love any easier than someone who isn't as beautiful. Plus she has a child, that makes things even more difficult. She may be looking for someone to look after her financially - I don't see anything wrong with that. Most people don't want to work, they work because they have to. She's in a position where she doesn't want to nor does she have to. I see nothing wrong in her wanting to maintain that lifestyle for herself. To each their own.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    LOL! Oh, I'm sorry, bw. I forgot about her having to lug all those snacks out to the car all by herself, not to mention unloading the groceries all by herself, and shopping for the chocolate chips, the flour, and the eggs all by herself.
    That's probably just for TV. I doubt that Emily shops, carries groceries, or even cooks on a regular basis. Most likely she has hired help. I can't see her lifting a finger to do anything unless it's for RickiRickiRicki. The cookie-baking scene was laughable.
    fireflyer and AlwaysVeg like this.

The good thing is that a 6 year old can't fake a loving relationship with their parent. She looks loved and secure as opposed to shocked as to why mummy is all of a sudden paying attention to me. I think it would be pretty obvious if they were forcing it.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    The good thing is that a 6 year old can't fake a loving relationship with their parent. She looks loved and secure as opposed to shocked as to why mummy is all of a sudden paying attention to me. I think it would be pretty obvious if they were forcing it.
    I thought she looked like a normal 6 year old. If anything I thought her a little shy going up on stage.
    navybelle, tbamom and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

if Rick Sr. made the choice to say she was his financee after the accident then that was his choice to make...he was probably so deep in grief and praising god that they would still have a part of their son again....

and for those that say its entertainment you are totally right...I mean who gives a rats behind who pays her crap....its not my bills or my responsibility and its really none of my business ...who knows it maybe her own parents who float the bill for everything....she got lucky and the only thing I will say is that is it sad that she really doesn't understand the struggles and hardships real single mothers face especially since most of them don't get child support of any kind ...I do wish she could experience that but she won't but thats fate and just the way the cookie crumbled
    fireflyer and Babbred like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm another member of the minority who doesn't give a rat's rear end about Emily's money and lifestyle. She was lucky enough to be born into a rich family. Naturally, she would find a BF from among her circle. When that BF died tragically, his family reached out to embrace her and their unborn grandchild. If they had thought she was some sort of golddigger, then they would probably have cut her off and fought for custody of the child. They didn't do either, which says everything to me. Clearly they think she's a capable mother to their grandchild, and they are more than willing to subsidize the life that they think Little Ricki should have. So Emily will never be on welfare, Medicaid, or in any other way know poverty. Whoop dee dee. That doesn't mean she doesn't love her daughter or that she's a lousy mother.

In fact, I admire her even more for being involved in her daughter's life. Have you ever read a biography of somebody really rich like Prince Charles of England or JFK? Their rich mothers handed them over to an army of servants, and had very little involvement in their lives, and so both men ended up with screwed up personalities. In fact, I read an article about Princess Diana once where the author said if she had been a decent mother she would have been home with her boys, not gadding about the Europe with some good-for-nothing playboy when she died. It would have been very easy for Emily to have taken the Princess Di route, dumping Little Ricki with the Hendricks and then living off her wealth and acting like she never had a child. I say kudos to her for fighting against that expectation and actually caring enough to want to raise her child herself.

And in fact, I saw a perfectly normal single mother/daughter relationship. LR looked adorable and acted like every 6-year-old I've ever known. And if Emily talks about her and plans things like dates around her, well I'd say that's pretty normal, too. Like it or not, when you're a single parent, your life does revolve around your kids. Everything you do has to be planned with them in mind. My grandfather died when my father was just a little boy, and my grandmother never remarried. I remember her telling me stories about how she took Dad everywhere with her because she had to. When she went back to college to get her teacher's degree, she even took Dad to her classes with her! So again, I actually applaud Emily for thinking about LR and how any relationship that she has might affect her. That's not being selfish, that's being real.

And if Emily chooses Jeff the CEO, well, that's not going to bother me, either. In fact, I would consider him to be the logical choice. Emily was born wealthy, she lives with wealth now, so of course she would want to hook up with somebody who's wealthy and so would understand her lifestyle. I won't begrudge her and her life anymore than I do celebrities or any other wealthy person I see mentioned in the news.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

It's part of the culture for the very wealthy in Britain to send children to boarding school. It's rare in the U.S. It's likely that Emily was raised at home... so, since she "chose" to raise Ricki herself, she was likely imitating her parents. Besides, since she doesn't have a husband, withut Ricki, she'd be home alone.

FORT Fogey

If Ricki's father had survived than he would have had to take care of his child so if his parents are helping out in his absence than to me that is a good thing. I do not fault her for not having to work, however, I am not one for such lavish houses especially for just two people. I think sometimes the more wealthy just overdo it, and when some have nothing, it is just too much for me.

As for her relationship with her daughter, I applaud it. My only problem is they moved production to her so she could be near her daughter, but that makes a lot of the crew farther from their children so it makes little to no sense to me.

I really think she is going to have a hard time finding a new love. I see a lot of superficialness to Emily, and also to the men she chooses. I hope and pray that she chooses one of the men based on something other than looks or money. I just do not believe that any of the men on the show seem to be a fit for her, but I would love to be proven wrong.

I think that Chris said that many of the crews brought their families with them and Ricki enjoyed playing with the children. Also, I'm sure that some of the crew members were actually local and so were in their own hometown and didn't have to uproot their families.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Has there been any discussion about willingness to relocate this time around? Is the bachelor supposed to be willing to move to Charlotte or is Emily willing to move wherever need be? I am just looking at some of the men's careers and trying to figure out who is more flexible.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread