Closed Thread
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree1047Likes

Thread: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

FORT Fogey

Re: Emily Maynard - Season 8 Bachelorette

It may be no skin off our backs, but these people make themselves fair game when they decide to appear and especially star on these shows. People are obviously being fooled by the back stories and personas they invent, and that happens to annoy and disappoint me. As far as topics going around ad nauseum, that's the name of the game on all these threads for all these shows. FORT would have 99.5% less posts if that were NOT the case.

Since her daughter is of age to be in school all day, does she just sit at home all day? I would be incredibly bored if I was her. I get that she has the means for other to provide for her, but I would never be okay with that. If she is, more power to her I guess. I know several single moms who would dream of having 1/10 of the support she has.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    According to reports at the time, Emily and Ricky met in Florida where their families were building vacation homes. If you use the "they knew each other 4 years" before she moved in with him when she was 17 or 18, then she was 13 to 14 when they met, Ricky was 19 to 20. Who knows how it developed into her moving in with him but she must have been 17 or 18. I guess they were just waiting for her to be "legal". Anyway, first obits in the Charlotte paper when Ricky died didn't even mention her. There was one obit 4 days after he died in a Richmond Va paper that referred to her as his girlfriend. The fiance thing wasn't mentioned until Rick Sr. talked about her after finding out she was pregnant and he said they were engaged, so who knows if it was to keep Rick jr. rep clean or what, it appears to be an after the fact engagement. Doesn't really matter to anyone but the Hendricks. From what I gather Emily's father owns a coal mine in West Virginia and they appear to be wealthy, just not on the same scale as the Hendricks empire. And legit or not little Ricki is a part of that empire so the Hendricks are going to protect her reputation and make sure she is kept in the proper lifestyle. Emily just happens to benefit from it as well. And I do believe she likes it, a big house she didn't have to pay for, maids, childcare, bills paid...what's not to like. She could have gone to college, furthered her education, done anything she wanted..she just chose not to. She tried to make a go of the entertainment business when she moved to Nashville but that was a bust and she moved back to Charlotte. She also did a Nascar show where she was at the racetrack interviewing people for a while. That didn't work out either. Then she went on Brad's season. Now her own. It looks to me like she has absolutely no ambition. Unless you count trying to be on TV the easiest way possible ambition. She may be listed as a "event planner" but consider that it's at the hospital where the Hendrick's gave millions in Ricky Jr.'s name. Think they paid for that "job" too. I don't think she is looking for love, I think she's looking for the spotlight. Whatever, she is boring as a sack of potatoes. And she is so not a Southern Belle. You don't get to call yourself one because you move to North Carolina when you're 18 to shackup with your rich boyfriend. Seriously, according to her press I am suppose to admire her because when she was a teenager her rich boyfriend died in a plane crash and she didn't use birth control, but that's okay because her family is well off and his is mega rich so my taxes won't have to pay for anything...really? Let's face it, this whole show should never be taken seriously. It's for entertainment purposes only.
    Very well-written post, with a lot of new information! Your post expresses how I feel about Emily. I assume Emily doesn't do housework. I wonder if Emily actually does any "event planning."
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Since her daughter is of age to be in school all day, does she just sit at home all day? I would be incredibly bored if I was her. I get that she has the means for other to provide for her, but I would never be okay with that. If she is, more power to her I guess. I know several single moms who would dream of having 1/10 of the support she has.
    No, of course not. She bakes cookies! She takes snacks to the park! We saw her show off to America what she does all day. Oh, and I'm sure she manages to drag herself to the salon for manicures. How exhausting. No wonder she talks about being tired of doing "everything" herself.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

The only reason she is on this show is because of the Hendricks backstory IMO. Could someone refresh me to how she became picked to even be on this show (Brad's season). I can't imagine her signing up for it or I may be wrong. Shows you how much I nitpick the logistics of this show.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    No, of course not. She bakes cookies! She takes snacks to the park! We saw her show off to America what she does all day. Oh, and I'm sure she manages to drag herself to the salon for manicures. How exhausting. No wonder she talks about being tired of doing "everything" herself.
    I laughed out loud when I read your post! And remember, she bakes cookies from scratch! I saw her and Ryan add the chocolate chips and the eggs to the batter! And, she usually lugs the groceries all by herself from her new, paid-for car into her paid-for gift house.

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't be surprised if she signed up for it (but I don't know how she came to be there) or was glad to go along with it if someone else suggested it. I think Emily wants to be "seen" to pick up a TV gig like she was trying to get in the first place. Now she's observed that Melissa and some of the previous B'ettes got cushy jobs after appearing on the show, she figures the same can happen for her. Or maybe I'm giving her too much credit for ambition. But everyone wants to do *something* and since all she really has going for her is her enhanced face and figure, a TV gig makes sense for her ... decent money and the work isn't as hard and unglamorous as what most uneducated, unskilled single mothers would have to pick from.

I'd rather watch someone live off of someone else's private funds than to watch someone like the kate plus 8 or whatever the name of the million J named baby family is live off of advertiser's dollars and TV money.

Unless I end up being a long lost daughter of the Hendrick or Maynard empires it isn't any skin off my back if she decides to burn their money to keep warm all winter.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I laughed out loud when I read your post! And remember, she bakes cookies from scratch! I saw her and Ryan add the chocolate chips and the eggs to the batter! And, she usually lugs the groceries all by herself from her new, paid-for car into her paid-for gift house.
    LOL! Oh, I'm sorry, bw. I forgot about her having to lug all those snacks out to the car all by herself, not to mention unloading the groceries all by herself, and shopping for the chocolate chips, the flour, and the eggs all by herself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I'd rather watch someone live off of someone else's private funds than to watch someone like the kate plus 8 or whatever the name of the million J named baby family is live off of advertiser's dollars and TV money. Unless I end up being a long lost daughter of the Hendrick or Maynard empires it isn't any skin off my back if she decides to burn their money to keep warm all winter.
    I don't care if Kate G and the Duggars (I think that's who you mean) get paid for appearing on a reality show. So does Emily! Probably the only real $$ she's ever made in her life.
    tango7, luvlady345 and nennie like this.

Closed Thread