Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    They have been everywhere. Where to next? ... Cheeky girl said "My bed" and JP "Bye". Keeping it classy as always on this show ... but I do hope they make a go of it.
    Reminds me of Trista presenting the fantasy suite card to Ryan which prompted his reply, "Check please!!!!!"
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I thought he had just changed the setting on his blow dryer - to scrambled eggs.
    LOL! Poor CH! doesn't he own a mirror?

On the next Bachelor, I think others have already clarified - but because of the lag now with BP, they should announce the next Bachelor on DWTS first episode (which is when Bachelor taping begins). For the Bachelorette, it starts taping right after the Bachelor ends (while DWTS is running in the spring), so they can announce the Bachelorette at the ATFR for the Bachelor. They don't tend to pick the next lead until closer to the show starting to tape - and right now they have 8-10 weeks until taping starts. Right now, I think Ryan is leading for the next pick, since Ames and Ben are apparently seeing other people (to what level, who knows). They will wait to see if either of them frees up, if popularity for Ryan grows, or if anyone from BP takes over as crowd favorite. Personally, if we can't have Ben or Ames, I am leaning toward Mike Stagliano (from Jillian's season and now BP). BUT, he is still getting over his break-up from Holly, so not sure if he would be willing to do it.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I don't know, but to me, it seems like Ashley and JP's relationship is built totally on physical attraction, chemistry and physical expressions of that chemistry, they rarely have deep conversations. Neither one of them ever have a good answer as to why they are attracted to the other or what it is that they love about the other. Ashley had no problems telling us (the viewing audience) and her family all the things that were so wonderful about Ben...not so with JP. When Ashley was with Ben, it was such a well rounded relationship in all areas. I know all you JP fans with probably want to throw eggs at me, but I just don't see Ashley and JP lasting. I think their relationship is very superficial and I also think that once JP sees all the episodes and how into Ben she was, he is going to have some major jealousy/insecurity issues. I read in a magazine that JP also isn't truly over his ex, but who knows if that's true. I guess time will tell. I wish them the best.
    It's funny how people see things differently.

If JP didn't blow a gasket with all the Bentley stuff, I think he will be OK with the Ben stuff which always seemed kind of forced to me.

While I agree that JP and Ashley have a LOT of chemistry, I see their relationship as much more balanced than her relationship with Ben. To me Ashley and Ben did not have the necessary chemistry and they never looked as if they had anything to talk about...lots of awkward silences. The goofy, joking around seemed more the friend zone...something to fill up the time and provide for the camera rather than a relationship. Her manic behaviour was a reflexion of her unease with him. With JP, to me she seemed more relaxed, more mature...safe as she put it. They talked much more and he was always the one she turned to for comfort and the one she told stuff to first. They still had the laughter...insider jokes...Babe, Cupcake...and all of that just increased the chemistry.

As for not being able to explain your relationship to others, sometimes things are just RIGHT and you can't really explain it to other people...particularly at the start of the relationship...you are just in awe and happy and haven't gotten around to disecting the whys.
    kateb and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'm rooting for them too. I remember when my husband and I were first together and he'd ask me why I loved him--it was very hard for me to articulate it--I just felt an overwhelming love for him. I used hate it when he'd ask -- and he'd didn't like that I couldn't tell him why. Now 41 years later (2 years living together + 39 yrs married), I can articulate it (I'm obviously very slow). I think at the time, I was just feeling and not analyzing. Maybe for some people, falling in love is like loving your new baby -- you just feel an overpowering love for another being whom you don't really know yet, and you discover their positive traits and their quirks as the relationship grows, and you love them more.
    Great post, Kip. Love your analogy. Congrats on your 41 years together!

I didn't watch the bachelor when it was on a few months ago. I said I wasn't going to. And I didn't watch the Bachelorette at all until the last 10 minutes to see who Ashley was going to pick. JP and Ben are cute. I missed the Ben rejection. And saw JP purpose to her. Now with the ATFR they showed Ben purpose to Ashley. Why did Ashley let Ben go on his knee to purpose?! That is so cruel! Poor Ben. He broke my heart. I hope he isn't the next bachelor!! I don't want to watch it but if Ben is on I'm tempted to. But IF he is on the next one, he would be on the rebound! How many months apart is the last episode of the bachelorette and ATFR? Ashley says that JP completes everything?!! HUH?! What does she mean? I hope she doesn't mean that JP completes her. Yikes!!! That would not be a good thing!!

Sidenote: About Bentley, I kept seeing commercials of him in the beginning! WOW! He wants to make her cry?!!?! And that he isn't attracted to her? Okay come on!!! This is very suspicious. Which producer told him to talk like that? Someone just had to pretend to be the bad guy huh?

ohhhh happy day just read on the other thread that Ames and Jackie have broken up and you can vote at ABC for who you want as the next bachelor and his name is on the list..time for me to go cast my vote
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    ohhhh happy day just read on the other thread that Ames and Jackie have broken up and you can vote at ABC for who you want as the next bachelor and his name is on the list..time for me to go cast my vote
    I already did and am encouraging my friends to do the same...It would certainly be a "different/unique" season...And I mean that in a good way.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Missed most of this season of the Bachelorette, aside from the first few episodes, but so happy to hear Ashley chose the cutie, JP!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am really glad this season is done.I will always remember her crying in her bed because of Bentley and finding love so quickly.
    I voted on ABC for Ames, but Ben is ahead.Seeing him last night I can see why

Closed Thread