Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I don't think Ben left with any dignity at all. He was clearly very angry. As badly as I feel for him, he had to have known that he was taking a leap of faith by proposing. Someone ultimately goes home without the final rose.
    Yes but he did it and got put down in front of millions! its not like a quiet little no on a teeny beach in Fiji. I think he should have been angry,If I were played, I would be angry and Ben was played.I still like him way better.He was fun. I think JP , I dont know it'as not something I can put into words.I just dont see it working out.Can You imagine JP if she had said no! omg! he went off the deep end when someoen dared to have an overnight, and unless she had said he was the one, did he have any right to be mad.kwim?
    Alexxxx and sparklete like this.

I don't know, but to me, it seems like Ashley and JP's relationship is built totally on physical attraction, chemistry and physical expressions of that chemistry, they rarely have deep conversations. Neither one of them ever have a good answer as to why they are attracted to the other or what it is that they love about the other. Ashley had no problems telling us (the viewing audience) and her family all the things that were so wonderful about Ben...not so with JP. When Ashley was with Ben, it was such a well rounded relationship in all areas. I know all you JP fans with probably want to throw eggs at me, but I just don't see Ashley and JP lasting. I think their relationship is very superficial and I also think that once JP sees all the episodes and how into Ben she was, he is going to have some major jealousy/insecurity issues. I read in a magazine that JP also isn't truly over his ex, but who knows if that's true. I guess time will tell. I wish them the best.
    JavaJo and Fanny Mare like this.

On another note...what's up with Chris H's hair? It started looking ridiculous on the beach, at the final rose ceremony in Fiji and tonight it looks totally dorky.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Hey I just realized... don't they usually announce the next Bachelor at the end of the Bachelorette AFTR?
    As far as I can remember they always do...remember how they brought Ally out at the end of the show from Brad's season and announced her? And also they announced Ashley the same way....

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Well, to be fair, neither of them could articulate to Chris at all what it was that made them fall in love. Neither said exactly what qualities the other possessed. I think JP mentioned something about how he was always smiling around her and that when he was with her nothing else mattered. Ash mentioned something about how he was always there for her and she could lean on him, or something to that effect. Fair enough. But what is it exactly that drew each of them to one another? Or as someone mentioned upthread, "pheromones". Honestly, I'm such an old sap that I really am rooting for them. It would be nice to have another success story from this franchise.

As far as living together- I remember Jason was in Seattle and Molly was in Milwaukee or St. Louis or some midwest city. I think she waited quite a while before she permanently moved to Seattle, where I then presume they lived together. Not sure about Trista and Ryan.
    I'm rooting for them too. I remember when my husband and I were first together and he'd ask me why I loved him--it was very hard for me to articulate it--I just felt an overwhelming love for him. I used hate it when he'd ask -- and he'd didn't like that I couldn't tell him why. Now 41 years later (2 years living together + 39 yrs married), I can articulate it (I'm obviously very slow). I think at the time, I was just feeling and not analyzing. Maybe for some people, falling in love is like loving your new baby -- you just feel an overpowering love for another being whom you don't really know yet, and you discover their positive traits and their quirks as the relationship grows, and you love them more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    As far as I can remember they always do...remember how they brought Ally out at the end of the show from Brad's season and announced her? And also they announced Ashley the same way....
    I think the reason no announcement was made is because there won't be another Bachelor show until January, so an announcement now is a bit premature....perhaps TPTB don't even know who it is at this point. Probably the announcement will be made on DWTS, following tradition....
    alizarules likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    On another note...what's up with Chris H's hair? It started looking ridiculous on the beach, at the final rose ceremony in Fiji and tonight it looks totally dorky.
    Its his toupee's, they are really bad.

To the Point

I don't think Ben left with any dignity at all. He was clearly very angry. As badly as I feel for him, he had to have known that he was taking a leap of faith by proposing. Someone ultimately goes home without the final rose.
    I honestly didn't feel that it was out of line. I felt that his response was dead on what I would expect in a more real life situation. What is the point in all the "sugar coating" when bottom line is she chose the other guy? All the "talk" is for the cameras...it doesn't help the person getting the shaft in anyway, at least not with the cameras rolling. It actually made me like Ben a little more because it made him feel more real to me.
    JunkieGirl, JavaJo, Midol and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its his toupee's, they are really bad.
    I thought he had just changed the setting on his blow dryer - to scrambled eggs.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I watched the AFRC last night and what I saw of Ashley reminded me of the 7 year old I am raising. My 7 year old is so smart she is stupid. She tests at this age off the charts but yet is as dumb as a box of rocks and has no common sense. I can tell her to go do something and she comes back in and says what did you say. Ashley isn't stupid. You don't go through med school being stupid I am just not sure she has a whole lot of common sense so she looks kind of dumb. I would venture to say if you got her on her med studies she would blow you away with her knowledge. BTW she acts as ditzy as my 7 year old.

Maybe them knowing how they feel is enough without them having to try and figure out what it is that make them know they are in love. Do I think it will last........probably not given the track record of this show.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Closed Thread