Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 8/1 Show Thread AFTFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Who was the half.Maybe I dont need to know. I have a bad enough time with Ashley and her not having sex with Ben
    I don't have any idea...not sure if I'd want to know either! <3

To the Point

Re: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

I choose to believe that I don't have a clue what is scripted and what isn't. I do know that they are very "directed" on these reality shows, this one more than most from all accounts. I do find it disgusting to think that the leads have sex with each of the final "contenders", however I don't find it totally out of the question. In fact, there have been some that I would be surprised if they didn't. That being said, I do think Ashley knew it was JP very early on and I HOPE that she had better sense and a higher regard for herself than to do the deed with Ben. Believing everything we're lead to believe on this show would be purely stupid (which we generally aren't), so I choose to believe that I don't know. I refuse to draw conclusions based on what they do show because I know that there is so much that isn't shown. I am not even convinced that Ben was as into her as we were shown. It could just as easily been him playing the role he was given. We Do Not know!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am pretty sure she had sex with Ben.Nobody works on that set, not that I know of. So nobody knows ( including me) what went on.I do think she cemented his feelings by going to bed with him, that's why we saw real anger.Can you imagine if a guy had done the same? maybe they have, but we would be calling him all sorts of names.

Well I'm pretty sure she DIDN'T have sex with Ben. The way she looked at JP since the 3rd episode - no way she had sex with anyone but him

Why does it matter if she did or didn't? It's her personal life to do what she wants.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Why does it matter if she did or didn't? It's her personal life to do what she wants.
    Nennie -- Thank you for this post. It needed to be said.
    judkay likes this.

Watched Jesse Csisnick (sp?) "Bachelor Beatdown" from the final epi. I don't like go there to because the language is so raw and trashy, but I was super curious so I gave in. A fair portion of it focused on Ashley "letting" Ben propose. Ashley Spivey (who is also Ashley H's real life friend as well as being a former contestant) tried to be very careful in what she said but basically shared that the producers told Ashley, "Look. The past two Bachelorette seasons we've had the final 2 guy let off early and it's not happening this time. You have to bring him in and let him have his say." She asked that people not hate on Ashley because they really don't know what was going on behind the scenes. The guys who were on also were pretty understanding of Ashley and basically said they knew her hands were tied. I think it was Natalie Getz who said that that night when she was watching she was, "Oh, no she didn't" But when she rewatched she said she watched focusing on Ashley's face and saw her look of dismay and pure panic. As she put it, who goes on with their proposal when they see those expressions? Also, it was interesting to hear that they tell the Final 2 before hand, "Buddy, it's you. You're it. She's waiting for your proposal." And they tell the Final 1, "Sorry Dude. She chose the other guy." That way they get the maximum response. JP wasn't fazed by it because he said he knew he would be "it." It leads me to believe that there were some things whispered that we weren't privey to.
    Of course Ashley led Ben on. She had to do that. But he was also led on by the producers. "She's waiting for your proposal?" Good grief.
    This is exactly why we've seen things in the past like Jeremy going back to DeAnna and Reid to Jillian. It's all producer "inspired." I'm sure they told those men that the Bachelorettes were distraught about letting them go and would welcome them back.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I wouldnt say it matters, its like a conversation about the show.She was involved in the show and two men..I guess I dont see a problem posting about it, or the show.If she wants to be all coy and private now, too bad, she was watched by many viewers.It was her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I choose to believe that I don't have a clue what is scripted and what isn't. I do know that they are very "directed" on these reality shows, this one more than most from all accounts. I do find it disgusting to think that the leads have sex with each of the final "contenders", however I don't find it totally out of the question. In fact, there have been some that I would be surprised if they didn't. That being said, I do think Ashley knew it was JP very early on and I HOPE that she had better sense and a higher regard for herself than to do the deed with Ben. Believing everything we're lead to believe on this show would be purely stupid (which we generally aren't), so I choose to believe that I don't know. I refuse to draw conclusions based on what they do show because I know that there is so much that isn't shown. I am not even convinced that Ben was as into her as we were shown. It could just as easily been him playing the role he was given. We Do Not know!
    If all these people are acting...well then...they are mighty good actors! Maybe they all missed their calling. I know that I personally could not act like I was really into someone when I'm not. I can be polite and cordial, but you wouldn't find me climbing all over them, kissing them, wrapping my arms and legs around them, whispering sweet lies to them to lead them on. Like I said...they must be some mighty fine actors/actresses! It amazes me that so many people out there are such good liars as to be able to pull this show off and say/do things mostly because they are being told to do so by the producer/director of the show. You have to remember that acting is basically lying and pretending to be someone/something that you are not. These people are really good at it...kinda scary actually, to get involved seriously with someone who is so good at the game.
    Last edited by Holly in SoCal; 08-06-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I dont think they are all such fine actors (though many would wish to be!) But they have the benefit of the most creative editing imaginable. For example, the vast majority of the time Ashley kissed Ben, it looked they they were closed mouth pecks. She often looked sort of far away when she was with the other guys during the last half of the season. Quite frankly , the happiness seemed forced. And all of the alcohol helps. Alot. It reminded me of Meredith when she wasnt with Ian.

The editing includes using comments made about the F1 guy when we are viewing her with the F2, F3, F4. They can switch it all around.

Clearly, to some degree the guys see what they want to see, or expect to see. They are in that Bachelor bubble. That's probably why Ben didnt see how unhappy she was at his Final Rose Ceremony. Her expression just didnt register once he heard (from the producers) that she was waiting for his proposal.
    nanarama and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    If all these people are acting...well then...they are mighty good actors! Maybe they all missed their calling. I know that I personally could not act like I was really into someone when I'm not. I can be polite and cordial, but you wouldn't find me climbing all over them, kissing them, wrapping my arms and legs around them, whispering sweet lies to them to lead them on. Like I said...they must be some mighty fine actors/actresses! It amazes me that so many people out there are such good liars as to be able to pull this show off and say/do things mostly because they are being told to do so by the producer/director of the show. You have to remember that acting is basically lying and pretending to be someone/something that you are not. These people are really good at it...kinda scary actually, to get involved seriously with someone who is so good at the game.
    I agree with you to a point. However, I just want to point out how truly good these producers are at creating something that isn't there. Do I think Ashley had feelings for Ben - yes, she liked him, I think as a friend. He was fun and she had a good time with him. What I have been very careful to do over the last few seasons is to watch what is actually on my screen and watch what actually comes out of someone's mouth. Take all the voiceovers and ITM's out of it - those can be said at any time, can be spliced together and can actually be an answer to a totally unrelated question. We have all read the stories and seen how the producers get the material they get. Solely watching what comes out of someone's mouth and what you see on the screen provides a very different picture. Not saying there wasn't "damaging" material - but just saying to be cautious about how much you believe, as the producers are REALLY good at their jobs.
    Columbia, MD and Midol like this.