Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/1 Show Thread ATFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well, you are entitled to your opinion , as am I.I am pretty sure they didn't tell her to wrap her bare legs around him.If they did, she could have said no if she were uncomfortable, or embarrassed .IMNSHO she didnt look either.
    I agree, Fanny Mare. No way in Hades was Ashley taking stage directions wrapping her legs around Ben and behaving the way she was. It happened immediately after he said ILY and she was completely into it. Ben came away convinced enough that she shared his feelings that he was confident in proposing the next day. He was convinced. Ashley convinced him, not some director trying to make good TV.

It was shameful.

JMHO
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I agree, Fanny Mare. No way in Hades was Ashley taking stage directions wrapping her legs around Ben and behaving the way she was. It happened immediately after he said ILY and she was completely into it. Ben came away convinced enough that she shared his feelings that he was confident in proposing the next day. He was convinced. Ashley convinced him, not some director trying to make good TV.

It was shameful.

JMHO
    I am pretty sure she had sex with Ben.Nobody works on that set, not that I know of. So nobody knows ( including me) what went on.I do think she cemented his feelings by going to bed with him, that's why we saw real anger.Can you imagine if a guy had done the same? maybe they have, but we would be calling him all sorts of names.

FORT Fogey

I am pretty sure she had sex with Ben.Nobody works on that set, not that I know of. So nobody knows ( including me) what went on.I do think she cemented his feelings by going to bed with him, that's why we saw real anger.Can you imagine if a guy had done the same? maybe they have, but we would be calling him all sorts of names.
    There have been a few guys through the years that just had to brag after the fact. It happens.

I was spoiled early this season and I knew she would choose JP. So I was watching that particular scene with Ben very closely, to see if she gave him any indication that it wouldn't be him. And she didn't. Quite the opposite. I don't blame Ben for being confident. She gave him plenty of good reason to be confident.

Did he flap his gums about it to friends? IDK, but if he did that's wrong too.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Or that Meridith cried when they made her kiss the other guys because she only wanted Ian.
    Ooooh I remember that. She arrived so late to Matt's fantasy date and looked like she'd been crying. I think that Ashley knew 100% who she had fallen in love with and much like Meredith, she looked like she had to force herself to keep up appearances with her F2. It doesnt mean that there is something wrong with Matt or with Ben. I'm sure they are great guys. It's just that each of these two women fell hard and fell early. I cant imagine that either of them had the slightest interest in being sexually intimate with other men during the fantasy dates. Did they have to make out with them? Sure. But that's part and parcel of the show.
    Midol likes this.

I dont think Ben would seek revenge If he is asked a question,why would he deny it? How do we know that JP didn't quiz Ashley after the JK show? she said on that show he would find 20 things wrong and be upset after watching it..She has been constant throughout the show in soothing poor JP.It wasn't going to change after the show.Some of us saw red flags with JP and his jealousy, some didnt.
    If Ashley did sleep with Ben, the JP is certainly entitled to some jealousy! Accompanyied by anger and disgust. And in my book that would be immediate grounds for a quick and permanent relationship sever. There is no reason at all for JP to stay in a relationship w/ Ashley if she had sex with someone else behind his back. That is an Ashley flaw, not a JP flaw.

Somebody who is seriously dating 2 men at the same time better either not be having sex w/ EITHER, or needs to give full disclosure to BOTH that sexual relations are occuring. Otherwise she's just a skanky cheater.

There's no way in hell I'd stay with a guy if he slept with someone else while we were building a relationship. Sionara. I would never trust him again. And what's the point of staying in a relationship without trust? It's best to cut ties immediately.

It would definitely support why Ben was so angry at being led on. And yeah, Chris Harrison did say there would be more bad press.

I understand people are prodded by production to do certain things, but every step of the way we've seen Ashley be concerned with her own feelings and rarely anyone else's. During the Ben rejection, she gives him no explanation other than "Do you know how hard this is for me?" That was really pathetic and heartless (but consistent with her self-centeredness throughout the season).
    imissme, Alexxxx and Fanny Mare like this.

I also had read the spoilers that Ashley had picked JP instead of Ben, and I did not see her give Ben any indication that she was definitely not going to pick him as her F1. Since I don't know how she acted toward Ben once the cameras quit rolling, I can only assume that she did not give him any reason to doubt their so-called "connection". It is now being reported that Ashley told JP that she loved him first, so that had to have happened at least the night before the finale.

I don't think that Ben would have chosen to get down on his knees and propose on national television if Ashley had acted as if she was pulling away from him during the fantasy suite. I am also assuming that she had picked up on the things that he kept saying in his conversations with her that indicated he was probably going to ask her to marry him. I think that Ashley could have handled that whole situation a little bit better than she did. If she gave JP the heads-up, then she certainly could have given Ben some big clues that he wasn't the one - starting with her body language and displays of affection toward him right up until the end. No wonder Ben felt blindsided.

I don't know if she slept with either JP or Ben, and I don't know if the producers coached Ashley to "act" that way toward Ben, but she certainly gave them enough sound bites and footage to make the unspoiled viewer wonder who was going to be her choice in the end. A rainbow didn't appear above Ben's head like it did above Chris L's head after being let go by Ali, but they did use footage of Ben referring to his deceased father by stating that after losing one family member he was about to add a new member by proposing to Ashley. That had to have been a low blow to Ben, and I am sure that a lot of his anger is directed toward the producers of the show. The anger that he showed to Ashley's rejection happened in the moment, but he now sees how the producers used him to create drama at the end.

I don't think that the producers were going to allow Ashley to let Ben go early since that had happened the season before. They needed to have two men show up in the finale - with one getting his heart broken on national TV. However, she could have made it a lot less painful on Ben if she had just dialed it back a little toward the end, thus giving Ben enough doubt that he would not have gone into the finale feeling so confident that Ashley would accept a proposal from him.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 08-05-2011 at 12:44 PM.

I think she led Ben on, she says she always knew it was JP. Hmm I dont think so. I do think if they love one another , as they say they do.They work it out.If he has a problem with it, work it out.. I read he wasn't ready for this, so perhaps this is his way out, without looking foolish. As with other couples on this show, we will just have to see.My GF knows some of Jillian's family, they warned her against Ed, but did she listen? nope.Hows that working for her.

I seriously doubt she had se* with Ben in the fantasy suite.
    She tried to stop Ben from proposing. He would not let her talk.
    Sorry, but if I were Ben, that look on her face would have spoken volumes to me.
    He ignored it. That's not exactly her fault. She has to go along with what the producers say. And there's no way that Fleiss was going to allow Ashley to do what Ali did on her season and let the F2 go early.
    Fleiss wanted drama. He obviously got it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow! I forgot about Bob and the " 5 1/2"!

Re: 8/1 Show Thread AFTFR *West Coast Spoilers*

Who was the half.Maybe I dont need to know. I have a bad enough time with Ashley and her not having sex with Ben

Closed Thread