Closed Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post

On a side note, I am so happy this season is over! It was so boring!
    I agree. It was definitely underwhelming this season. That's why I'm praying that the next Bachelor is Ben or Ames. That would be the one redeeming factor for this season.
    GoingInCircles likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Watched Jesse Csisnick (sp?) "Bachelor Beatdown" from the final epi. I don't like go there to because the language is so raw and trashy, but I was super curious so I gave in. A fair portion of it focused on Ashley "letting" Ben propose. Ashley Spivey (who is also Ashley H's real life friend as well as being a former contestant) tried to be very careful in what she said but basically shared that the producers told Ashley, "Look. The past two Bachelorette seasons we've had the final 2 guy let off early and it's not happening this time. You have to bring him in and let him have his say." She asked that people not hate on Ashley because they really don't know what was going on behind the scenes. The guys who were on also were pretty understanding of Ashley and basically said they knew her hands were tied. I think it was Natalie Getz who said that that night when she was watching she was, "Oh, no she didn't" But when she rewatched she said she watched focusing on Ashley's face and saw her look of dismay and pure panic. As she put it, who goes on with their proposal when they see those expressions? Also, it was interesting to hear that they tell the Final 2 before hand, "Buddy, it's you. You're it. She's waiting for your proposal." And they tell the Final 1, "Sorry Dude. She chose the other guy." That way they get the maximum response. JP wasn't fazed by it because he said he knew he would be "it." It leads me to believe that there were some things whispered that we weren't privey to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    .............Also, it was interesting to hear that they tell the Final 2 before hand, "Buddy, it's you. You're it. She's waiting for your proposal." And they tell the Final 1, "Sorry Dude. She chose the other guy." That way they get the maximum response. JP wasn't fazed by it because he said he knew he would be "it." It leads me to believe that there were some things whispered that we weren't privey to.
    How absolutly stupid, not to mention cruel and an outright lie.
    nanarama likes this.

Pretty shocking, I agree. However, this is Mike Fleiss and his minions were talking about. Makes you wonder what else goes on behind the scenes that we're not in on.

And it all just makes you realize that this is Hollywood, after all, and reality TV is anything but!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    Ryan seems like a person who has been strongly trained to always be kind and nice to others. You would have to push yourself some of the time to pull that off and perhaps that came across disingenuous at times somewhat
    That's exactly why I don't like Ryan. Being strongly trained to be nice is not the same as just being a genuinely nice person. When you are genuine, that comes across and doesn't seem fake. Ever hear of nice-guy syndrome? They act nice, until you go against them or reject them. Then they aren't so nice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    Also, I don't think "all" of the men in the house didn't like Ryan, it was just a few. I'm sure there were others besides Ryan they didn't like either. Men don't like other men they feel threatened by and Ashley was giving him all these roses and then with his upbeat personality it was probably a bit too much for some of them to handle ego-wise. Oh well..what do I know? Just my impression...
    I don't think all of the men in the house disliked Ryan either and that was part of Ryan's storyline. But when a good number of guys don't like another guy, it usually means something.

For example if a couple of my guy friends/relatives said something about my SO vs. my girlfriends, I'd pay more attention to what the guys say and why. For some reason they pick up on something wrong better than some females.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    I mentioned above that my twenty-fifth anniversary is coming up. My sister wouldn't have picked Mr. Rattus for me because he's not a funny guy. I love to laugh, but I can get laughs anywhere. What I need from my husband is stability, kindness, reliability, support. Just because someone knows someone for a couple of decades, it doesn't necessarily mean they know what you need. Or want, for that matter. Quite possibly Ashley would prefer someone solid over someone who is quick with the bon mots.
    Congrats to Mr and Mrs Rattus!

It doesn't matter how well someone knows you, they will never know that magic formula for why someone chooses a mate. When it comes to love, chemistry and attraction play a great deal into how someone feels about their partner and no one can ever define that for you. For most people, I'm not even sure they can even explain what makes them tick.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery
    it might also help to have a couples therapy session each time they see each other too...you know with all the flack from the show airing and things the chosen one sees that might upset him/her....I wonder if it would make a differeence
    Ash and JP don't seem to need therapy. JP's therapy was apparently to not watch what happened with other guys. How simplistic and easy is that? TPTB make these people go thru all kinds of stuff to get them to say and do certain things, but once they go home they're on their own. I don't know why any F1 would watch what their fiance is doing and who they're making out with. Emily totally used that as an excuse for her break up. No one forced her to watch.

Post finale, things still seem to be going pretty good for these two. They still seem quite smitten with each other but HELLO to daily living together. Hopefully they are prepared for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I saw them on Regis/Kelly this morning also and saw the "newlywed" game. I think when they were asked who said 'I love you' first they were both honest and
    said it was Ashley which led me to think she had already let him know before the final rose. JP seemed like he really didn't want to say it was Ashley since the
    lead is not supposed to give anything away. But they were both honest and cute about it. I think there was never a doubt that she was totally smitten with
    JP from the beginning. I'm really pulling for them. I loved the FRC especially with REO Speedwagon in the background.
    I've wondered about the restrictions for years... how could any contract prohibiting 1 person from communicating something to another EVER be enforceable? It's impossible to block all the possible ways a human could communicate. And even if the lead is prohibited from intentionally giving verbal or non-verbal confirmation to the F1 beforehand, the lead could still have a slip-up or unintentionally give it away through context clues or something beyond their control, like an accidental reaction to a statement. Seriously, Fleiss can't prosecute someone for unintentionally communicating something, and Fleiss can't prove that a piece of communication was intentional vs non-intentional, so it seems like Fleiss doesn't have a leg to stand on.

So WHY does the Lead always work so hard to deceive the F2?
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I've wondered about the restrictions for years... how could any contract prohibiting 1 person from communicating something to another EVER be enforceable? It's impossible to block all the possible ways a human could communicate. And even if the lead is prohibited from intentionally giving verbal or non-verbal confirmation to the F1 beforehand, the lead could still have a slip-up or unintentionally give it away through context clues or something beyond their control, like an accidental reaction to a statement. Seriously, Fleiss can't prosecute someone for unintentionally communicating something, and Fleiss can't prove that a piece of communication was intentional vs non-intentional, so it seems like Fleiss doesn't have a leg to stand on.

The producers...otherwise we could have a very short show (Meridith, Ali) or no show at all (Brad, Jen, Travis).
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I really, really like this couple and wish them well. They will have a tough road ahead, because they have to find out if they are compatable in real life. Even if it does not work out - I hope they part the best of friends... richer for having had the expereince together... in that way the outcome will always be successful
    Columbia, MD, jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    TB/Bette is one of the most heavily edited reality shows on TV. Almost everything you see on there was contrived by the producers (hence the snarky references to the Fleissmaster). The contestants, especially the leads, have to sign extensive multi-page contracts to be on this show. Essentially, they agree to do whatever TPTB tell them to do. (For instance, during Jen's infamous season, she told them halfway she didn't like any of the guys, but she still had to stick around and go through the motions for the rest of the season.) Most contestants are willing to do this so that they can get some exposure on television.
    Midol likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Closed Thread