Closed Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

I loved the finale.
    I did think the editing did a really good job of trying to make us think it might be Ben, even though week after week we've been seeing the undeniable chemistry between JP and Ashley.
    Nice to see another finale comprised of 2 really good men.
    I hope the 2 can make it.
    They seem to be another couple who has the same kind of chemistry as Trista and Ryan and Ali and Roberto. I hope it lasts for them.
    And, I honestly don't know that she'd have had a more "profound" relationship with Ben.
    Most of the great relationships out there are not profound; they simply provide the perfect complement to each other.
    kateb, Columbia, MD and ilja like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Since the "profound" refers to my post, I certainly never suggested Ashley would have a more profound relationship with Ben. I do find great relationships to contain a breadth and depth that I in no way see in Ashley and JP's current relationship -- although they hopefully will grow their relationship, a sentiment which I clearly expressed. I also find a wink and a laugh when expressing a stated difference of opinion personally offensive and mocking.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Speaking of certain blogs, I like what he said today. Ashley and JP probably have the best chance of any recent couple, since they already live in roughly the same area, so there wouldn't be any major moving involved. Also, once she graduates, Ashley will have a job that she can pretty much take anywhere, so that's another major plus. I had forgotten about these things. I hope they make it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

well in one area it seems the Fleissmonster has gotten a little smarter..he makes sure the couples spend more time together while the show airs but IMO it might also help to have a couples therapy session each time they see each other too...you know with all the flack from the show airing and things the chosen one sees that might upset him/her....I wonder if it would make a differeence
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fanatic

I haven't seen every season of the bachelorette so I'm basing my opinion on the ones I have seen. Except for (maybe) Trista and Ryan this couple has to be my
    favorite and I didn't even like Ashley at the beginning. I absolutely think JP is the best bachelor ever. Like I said-my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    what is Kat Von D doing on the Bachelorette and why is she being so mean to JP? Jesse James must have really soured her on men
    OMG this is the funniest post ever!

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I haven't seen every season of the bachelorette so I'm basing my opinion on the ones I have seen. Except for (maybe) Trista and Ryan this couple has to be my
    favorite and I didn't even like Ashley at the beginning. I absolutely think JP is the best bachelor ever. Like I said-my opinion.
    I'm really glad to see a post such as yours filled with so much kindness and hope. While Ashley is not my favorite, I did end up liking her more than most recent bachelorettes despite her different moral standards than my own.

The difference between her and Ben and her an JP reminded me of the difference between a teenage crush and an adult relationship. While I loved Ben and do find humor important in a relationship, the chemistry between Ashley and JP was so palpable, you could feel it thought the TV set.

Of course, I know how these couples normally end up so it won't be a surprise to anyone to hear they've broken up. I just hope and pray they make it if that's God's will.

As for Ben's exit, I liked it. I do think him calling JP the safe bet was simply part of his hurt and anger speaking out because I do believe JP is definitely too passionate to be safe. There's good and bad about all of our traits and passion is definitely one that has two sides to it. It's just so nice to see someone go for the gold and not settle even without any guarantees.

FORT Fogey

I don't even know what Ben meant by that comment about JP being the safer bet. I understand that Ben was angry at that moment, but he must have had a reason for making that particular statement instead of many other things he could have said. In what way would he think JP was a safer bet than him for Ashley?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    When Ash and JP were lying on the bed after he'd given her his present, they started kissing. She kept kissing him from side to side. At one point she looked like she was kissing his ear to the left side. I imagined that she was telling him she loved him right then and there.
    Looks like you imagined right! Turns out Ash said ILY first, so JP knew it was him.
    I didn't like how obvious it was that Ashley must have been told to let the guys speak first (altho she did try to interrupt Ben); I'd like it better if the Bachelorette (who's doing the picking) started off. But, of course the producers want their Scene, so I think she was made to let Ben go on his knee. Maybe because Ali didn't, they made sure Ashley buckled and did as she was told. And they should be ashamed of themselves. Poor Ben ... saying getting up was the hardest part. I liked his statement though, that good things don't end, unless they end badly. It looked like that really made her think.

The sister was unbelievable. I know she's taken it all back now/since then, but she treated them so poorly. I completely understand Ashley's reaction - and being NO Ashley fan, finding myself feelling sorry for her was a strange feeling entirely. I don't care how much you think you "know" her, or how you think you know better, trying to save someone from themselves is impossible - especially in matters of love, and when you're being harsh about it, which brings up defenses. I don't know what she expected Ashley to do with that kind of feedback - it was unproductive, not constructive, except to maybe make Ashley want him more. I know if my sister would question a connection I had with a guy, I would definitely wonder why, but I'd never just take her word for it and go, oh ok, you're right. I'd hope she could be happy for me and let me make my own choices as well as my own mistakes - how else to learn? Does Sis just want to be able to say, "told you so" someday?

Fiji was just gorgeous - that backdrop was amazing, but I hated the driftwood and coral "trap" they had to stand on. It looked like garbage they dragged up from the beach and decorated with flowers. I was hoping he wouldn't twirl her around because the driftwood would catch and snag her pretty dress! And the sad little boat that Ben had to leave on - couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of that ... sheesh, this show reallly goes overboard. I liked how they credited that Mystery Man who walked through on the beach, when they ran the credits at the end!

Her ring is just gorgeous (I didn't care for the one Ben picked out), and I think she made the right choice for her, right now. Whether that means it's right for the long haul, I don't think any of us really could say.

THANK YOU so much, for telling me about Ames and Jackie breaking up - I am soooo relieved. Whew!
    Midol likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I am so happy for them...J.P. is just the right one for Ashley! I hope they are very happy!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Closed Thread