Closed Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Well, well, well. If you really want to enjoy this show, try finding somebody who hasn't watched it, sit down with them, and listen to their reactions. It can be quite interesting. That's what happened to me last night. I was visiting my sister's, and together she, my BIL, and myself watched the show. They've never watched this show before so, like I said, the results were quite interesting. Below are a list of comments that I remember.

[during the dinner scene with JP]

"There's something wrong with Ashley's teeth. They don't seem to quite fit in her mouth."

[during all the ruckus with Ashley's family and JP]

"She comes across as whiny and immature, like she's back in high school or something. She definitely has some insecurity and self-esteem issues. This does not bode well."

"Boy, this is going to be a fun Thanksgiving for Ashley's family. Can't you see them all sitting at the table with Sis glaring daggers at JP?" (me)

We all agreed that the multiple tattoo thing did not look good.

"Is Sis wearing Coco Chanel earrings? That looks like the famous double C logo. Ewww. That just does not look right with all those tattoos." (me)

More ewww from all of us during the mud scene.

[when Ashley first appears in the circle of flowers, alone]

"She looks like a virgin sacrifice, as if the natives are about to push her into the volcano." (me)

"Was there a hurricane alert for that day?" (BIL)

"So they do this huge product placement for the jewelry company, but not for the peasant fisherman in the boat, who has the boat's name blurred out? What's up with that? Guess the poor guy couldn't pay bribe the producers enough!" (all of us)

"Why couldn't they have filmed these scenes in the morning or evening? Poor Ben seems to be sweating like crazy." (me)

[as Ben stomps angrily off]

(to the pilot of his airplane) "Take me to the beach! Where's the rest of the women on this island?" and "Where's the nearest bar?" (BIL)

And my favorite comment of the evening, from my BIL:

"Ashley looks like the leg of a Clydesdale horse." (after getting befuddled looks from my sister and I ) "You know, all smooth on top, and furry on the bottom."

Viva la differance between the sexes!

I wish Ashley well, but with the track record of this show, and the bad vibes I get from both Ashley and JP, I doubt it will last.

Since both Ames and Ben are taken now, I guess we're stuck with Ryan. (sigh) I'm still trying to decide if I'll watch.

I don't particularly mind the things Ben said. As somebody here posted, that was probably the first genuine emotion that's been shown this season. Who among us hasn't, in a moment of hurt and anger, said something that we later regretted? I'd rather see that than Ben walking off with a smile plastered on his face, as if he didn't just get humiliated on national tv. And yes, I hold Ashley fully responsible for that. She knew she wasn't going to pick him quite a while ago, so she should have let him off early a la Ali. That she let him go all the way to the proposal was, as somebody posted, probably part of her insecurity/ego thing. Whatever her reasoning, it just puts the finishing touches to my lack of respect that I've had for her throughout this season.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

One thing tptb have done differently this season is that Ashley and JP have spent more time together since filming ended than have past "contestants." In addition to the four days they had after the proposal, they've spent every other week-end together. Also, Ashley said last night on JK that she doesn't want to do Dancing With the Stars because she wants to focus on finishing school and quickly moving to NY to be with JP. Those kind of comments give me hope that they might be for real. There are no guaranties in life that any couple will go the distance, regardless of how they met, but I do think they have some good things going for themselves.
    Also, if you saw them on Live w/Regis and Kelly today, they played a sort of newlywed wed game that they did quite well at, so it seems as if they're pretty "in tune." One thing that I thought was interesting was the revelation that Ashley was actually the first person to say "I love you!" They wouldn't elaborate, just replied that some things remain private and between the two of them. And that IS nice!
    sugargoose and Midol like this.

Hilarious Babbred!! LOL great reading!

is this show over??? Did she pick someone? Does anyone care?
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    is this show over??? Did she pick someone? Does anyone care?
    Yes, yes, and no, not me.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Didn't watch it, but I read that it was down 29 percent from Ali's and (with a 2.7 rating), was the lowest-rated Bachelorette finale ever.

FORT Fanatic

I stopped watching every episode after the first episode. The lead this season was just too dull. I went to another website to find out who she picked for the finale on what would have been the second week of the show. The website was correct in annoucing the "winner".

I am curious as to how many FORTers will admit to going and sneeking a peek at who Ashley would chose.

Back to As*ley...could this girl be more vanilla? What dysfunction was going on between her and her older sister? I will bet you my favorite flavor of Koolaid that JP runs far and fast from this family. Holidays at their house have to be really hard on outsiders.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I definitely don’t see Ashley and JP as a particularly profound couple but I also don’t think that necessarily precludes them from having a successful relationship. It really depends upon what they each continue to want out of life and from each other. A lot of problems in relationships stem from people growing apart from each other -- and I do see a lot of potential growth areas for them individually and as a couple -- but they may be able to navigate that growth together. Or they may share an interest in not pursuing extensive growth which could work for them in a sense although that may not be particularly appealing to a lot of us, and understandably so.

I think it’s important to remember, though, that not everyone exists at - or even strives to reach - an Ames-like level (for lack of a better term ) of self-awareness and depth of character even though that is what many of us look for and truly appreciate finding in others. I do think Ashley and JP are genuinely very into each other so, in that sense, they do have more going for them than most couples from this show have coming out of the gate. And I hope they beat the odds or at least find what they are looking for - both now and in the future.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I definitely don’t see Ashley and JP as a particularly profound couple but I also don’t think that necessarily precludes them from having a successful relationship. It really depends upon what they each continue to want out of life and from each other. A lot of problems in relationships stem from people growing apart from each other -- and I do see a lot of potential growth areas for them individually and as a couple -- but they may be able to navigate that growth together. Or they may share an interest in not pursuing extensive growth which could work for them in a sense although that may not be particularly appealing to a lot of us, and understandably so.

I think it’s important to remember, though, that not everyone exists at - or even strives to reach - an Ames-like level (for lack of a better term ) of self-awareness and depth of character even though that is what many of us look for and truly appreciate finding in others. I do think Ashley and JP are genuinely very into each other so, in that sense, they do have more going for them than most couples from this show have coming out of the gate. And I hope they beat the odds or at least find what they are looking for - both now and in the future.
    Very well said. I don't hate Ashley or even JP; they just didn't appeal to my particular taste. I'm more of a laid-back West Coast type of person like Ben or an intellectual like Ames. But hey, if Ashley and JP are happy together, then more power to 'em. I hope they find fulfillment in each other. Heaven knows this show needs another couple to stay together.

And I cheerfully admit that I am spoiled from the get-go. As soon as they announced who TB/Bette is, I run to a certain blog that FORT'ers love to hate (at least they used to in the old days ). This blogger has been wrong in the past, so for me the fun is seeing if his pronouncements turn out to be true. I will admit, though, that it's difficult not to say anything here when I know what's going to happen. Oh, well. I love you guys, anyway. See you in the fall!

I just found this out--Ames has broken up with Jackie! Ok, I'm really sorry his relationship didn't work out. He must be heartbroken again. Sooooooo, hit those execs at ABC and tell him we want him for the next Bachelor! Apparently there's a poll on ABC's Bachelor website where you can vote.
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-02-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    navybelle and Midol like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fanatic

I saw them on Regis/Kelly this morning also and saw the "newlywed" game. I think when they were asked who said 'I love you' first they were both honest and
    said it was Ashley which led me to think she had already let him know before the final rose. JP seemed like he really didn't want to say it was Ashley since the
    lead is not supposed to give anything away. But they were both honest and cute about it. I think there was never a doubt that she was totally smitten with
    JP from the beginning. I'm really pulling for them. I loved the FRC especially with REO Speedwagon in the background.

Closed Thread