Closed Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 276
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

  1. #221
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,146

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I have to step in and play Devil's Advocate for the sister....in her defense, the '10 minute' thing HAD to be exaggerated. I mean, they sat down for awhile when JP first showed up, then they had a meal together....at the least, I'd give it an hour. Is that still a really short amount of time to be judging someone? Yeah, of course....but that means it's really too short an amount of time to be accepting someone to the family too, and Ashley's mom did just that.

    Second, the sister said she was basing it more off of how ASHLEY was acting than if she thought JP was a good person. She never said she thought he was a bad guy, but that she didn't really see him as a guy who could make Ashley happy. And to be honest, if my sister was normally loud and goofy and happy-go-lucky and then showed up with some guy and was serious, quiet, and couldn't even answer if he made her laugh....I'd think that he wasn't right for her either. I get that Ashley was conflicted about how she felt about the guys and that she wanted to show that she could be in a serious relationship with JP, but usually that drastic a change doesn't mean anything good. The difference in how she acted with each guy around her family was stunning-with JP she was quiet and reserved, and with Ben she was open, laughing, and VERY touchy-feely. I would have thought that Ben was better for her too, because she was acting more like her normal self around him.

    Did the sister come on strong? Yeah, of course, but I think she honestly mean it for the best reasons, not because she was trying to be controlling, or bitter, or anything like that. Ash, on the other hand, played up her 'victim' role. She was bawling her eyes out and the poor sister kept pointing out "You only want my opinion if its what you want to hear" Ashley expected her family to LOVE both guys unconditionally on first sight, and she was kind of unreasonable when that wasn't the case with her sister.


    Brings me to poor Ben....guess that's the problem with this show, the lead really has no choice but to lead on both guys until the bitter (literally this time) end. I wanted to reach through the tv and smack her when she greated him with a kiss and told him how good he looked. That was completely unnecessary...and kissing him probably made him think that he really was her choice. Then letting him go on and on and get through the proposal...I really think that was ego stroking on her part because she did have chances during him rambling to stop him and let him know before it got to the point of him hitting his knee. I felt really bad for him, and I think he was completely justified in being angry. He wasn't paying attention to her body language, but he didn't deserve to go through that whole speech before she let him know.

    All that being said, I think it's been obvious for a long time that her final pick would be JP. She never had the same chemistry with anyone else, even Bentley, as she has with JP
    I don't have a problem with your assessment although I do have to add a couple of points:

    I wish her sister had waited until she met both the guys before expressing an opinion. I also don't think she needed to be so rude to JP ... and I don't care how long they were all together ... her behaviour was uncalled for.

    I also didn't know that how Ashley acted around Ben made him any better match for her. She acted very silly and immature with him (yes, I am well awere of editing). With JP she seemed to have a more well rounded, balanced relationship. They were able to talk and discuss things in a mature way while still being able to laugh and had the necessary chemistry. Yes, Ashley may normally be silly and goofy and JP quieter, but they seem to balance each other out much more and seem to communicate much more effectively. With Ben she always seemed to be trying while JP made her much more relaxed. I think her and Ben in the real world would not have lasted while with JP, I think they have a shot.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  2. #222
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    and don't forget Ben was prepared to kick her to the curb if his family didn't like her without a further thought about how her feelings might have been hurt. I admire Ashley for going the distance. Everyone knows exactly what they should have done the moment the opportunity is over. Monday morning quarter backing is always easier than being in the moment especially if someone is so determined. Almost makes me wonder if that was coached or filmed two or three times like Brad's proposal. I wish her well, I don't agree with her philosophy of life but do hope she has a wonderful life. I do wish she would not have said "my bed?" yikes, TMI...also that they were moving in together. I'm still a little old fashioned on that one, I always said I would not be picking up someone's dirty socks unless I had the paperwork. I'm not up for a test drive.

  3. #223
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    I think Ashley from what I have seen needs to drop all her love connections via TV.. I think she needs to find a guy that isnt on TV. I know her sister knows one thing more than any of us.She knows Ashley, she has known her for 20 odd years and I think she has every right to say what she wants, if Ashley had asked..I suspect she was around to pick up the pieces after Brad( who she loved and had a gut feeling about) I dont see why her sister should agree with Ashley. Only time will tell. I dont see it working out, whoever she chose.I dont think Ashley is stupid, but love or when you think you are in love, makes you do stupid things.
    I thought there were many layers to Ben, many sides they could have explored.All I hear about JP is he's so nice and he's good looking

  4. #224
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Ashley from what I have seen needs to drop all her love connections via TV.. I think she needs to find a guy that isnt on TV. I know her sister knows one thing more than any of us.She knows Ashley, she has known her for 20 odd years and I think she has every right to say what she wants, if Ashley had asked..I suspect she was around to pick up the pieces after Brad( who she loved and had a gut feeling about) I dont see why her sister should agree with Ashley. Only time will tell. I dont see it working out, whoever she chose.I dont think Ashley is stupid, but love or when you think you are in love, makes you do stupid things.
    I thought there were many layers to Ben, many sides they could have explored.All I hear about JP is he's so nice and he's good looking
    Ahhh...but her sister has been quoted several times since saying she was wrong and after she started watching the show, she saw clearly that JP was the one for Ashley. Now she is his biggest fan. Maybe it was a case of two people just getting off on the wrong foot.
    navybelle and Midol like this.

  5. #225
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Ashley from what I have seen needs to drop all her love connections via TV.. I think she needs to find a guy that isnt on TV. I know her sister knows one thing more than any of us.She knows Ashley, she has known her for 20 odd years and I think she has every right to say what she wants, if Ashley had asked..I suspect she was around to pick up the pieces after Brad( who she loved and had a gut feeling about) I dont see why her sister should agree with Ashley. Only time will tell. I dont see it working out, whoever she chose.I dont think Ashley is stupid, but love or when you think you are in love, makes you do stupid things.
    I thought there were many layers to Ben, many sides they could have explored.All I hear about JP is he's so nice and he's good looking
    I mentioned above that my twenty-fifth anniversary is coming up. My sister wouldn't have picked Mr. Rattus for me because he's not a funny guy. I love to laugh, but I can get laughs anywhere. What I need from my husband is stability, kindness, reliability, support. Just because someone knows someone for a couple of decades, it doesn't necessarily mean they know what you need. Or want, for that matter. Quite possibly Ashley would prefer someone solid over someone who is quick with the bon mots.
    dzigner, sugargoose, kateb and 3 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #226
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Exactly, Rattus. Ashley can be "the funny one" in the couple. Hey, every comic needs a straight man.

    I know it made for dramatic tv, but I didn't like the way Ashley's sister was so hard nosed. Telling JP there was no way he could turn things around was extremely harsh. it isn't as though she found out he was an ax murderer. Who was she to judge so completely?
    psucashcow and Midol like this.

  7. #227
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I mentioned above that my twenty-fifth anniversary is coming up. My sister wouldn't have picked Mr. Rattus for me because he's not a funny guy. I love to laugh, but I can get laughs anywhere. What I need from my husband is stability, kindness, reliability, support. Just because someone knows someone for a couple of decades, it doesn't necessarily mean they know what you need. Or want, for that matter. Quite possibly Ashley would prefer someone solid over someone who is quick with the bon mots.
    Maybe, and maybe not.I got the feeling she knew Ashley well. I really liked her sister, I think her welcome to the family JP was fake. Each to their own.I think her body language said more than her questions to JP.it was longer than 10 minutes, it was edited, perhaps she felt his insecurities , I could see them

  8. #228
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Exactly, Rattus. Ashley can be "the funny one" in the couple. Hey, every comic needs a straight man.

    I know it made for dramatic tv, but I didn't like the way Ashley's sister was so hard nosed. Telling JP there was no way he could turn things around was extremely harsh. it isn't as though she found out he was an ax murderer. Who was she to judge so completely?
    Um she was asked.LOL Ashley asked her to judge. Only thing was, Ashley wanted to hear what Ashely wanted to hear.I hope I have to eat my words, but I will feel vindicated when given the odds on this show, Ash and JP are a huge flop.He had no idea what he is letting himself in for, she doesnt either, but hes older and apparently still hung up on his ex.

  9. #229
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,568

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Um she was asked.LOL Ashley asked her to judge. Only thing was, Ashley wanted to hear what Ashely wanted to hear.I hope I have to eat my words, but I will feel vindicated when given the odds on this show, Ash and JP are a huge flop.He had no idea what he is letting himself in for, she doesnt either, but hes older and apparently still hung up on his ex.

    Vindicated? Nice...

  10. #230
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Vindicated? Nice...
    No that wasnt nice, I was in a rush and couldn't think of something. LOL its a show.i really dont take it that seriously do you? I LOL at how many break ups there have been. Did you see I said I hope to eat my words? no? nice

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.