Closed Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

If Ashley wanted to defuse much of Ben's disappointment then she should have actually acted like a star of the Bachelorette. Instead of both men initiating the dialogues at the FRC, take the bull by the horns and you be the one who sets the tone for each guy. If she had acted as Trista did with Charlie, there would be no drop to the knee by Ben. Ashley did not act like the star and control the scene.
    Midol and sparklete like this.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I really like Ryan, I see absolutely no similarities to Jake. Gads...that guy is in a class by himself. Ryan seems like a person who has been strongly trained to always be kind and nice to others. You would have to push yourself some of the time to pull that off and perhaps that came across disingenuous at times somewhat but I think he is truly a nice person, doesn't seem to be self absorbed. Anyway, I would definitely watch if Ryan were chosen as the next Bachelor. I admire anyone who has contributed to jobs for 600 people here in the US. I can't ever see Jake doing anything like that. Also, I don't think "all" of the men in the house didn't like Ryan, it was just a few. I'm sure there were others besides Ryan they didn't like either. Men don't like other men they feel threatened by and Ashley was giving him all these roses and then with his upbeat personality it was probably a bit too much for some of them to handle ego-wise. Oh well..what do I know? Just my impression...
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I really like Ryan, I see absolutely no similarities to Jake. Gads...that guy is in a class by himself. Ryan seems like a person who has been strongly trained to always be kind and nice to others. You would have to push yourself some of the time to pull that off and perhaps that came across disingenuous at times somewhat but I think he is truly a nice person, doesn't seem to be self absorbed. Anyway, I would definitely watch if Ryan were chosen as the next Bachelor. I admire anyone who has contributed to jobs for 600 people here in the US. I can't ever see Jake doing anything like that. Also, I don't think "all" of the men in the house didn't like Ryan, it was just a few. I'm sure there were others besides Ryan they didn't like either. Men don't like other men they feel threatened by and Ashley was giving him all these roses and then with his upbeat personality it was probably a bit too much for some of them to handle ego-wise. Oh well..what do I know? Just my impression...

I can't recall anyone saying they liked Ryan - anyone????

I liked him/

ITA agree with above posts stating that Ashley had multiple moments to stop Ben from the full proposal and stepping up and spitting out the difficult words of rejection. It was her job as the "star" of the show to protect the men, their integrity and emotions. While it is the format of the show, I lack respect for the star when they hide behind "the process". Ali gets double thumbs up for her rejection of Chris the day before. She knew it would be difficult to do but did it because it's what Chris deserved. Ashley always froze up when faced with uncomfortable situations and made it all about how hard it was on her... no real consideration for the other person.

I think Ashley's sister had many reasons for her reservations on Ashley's decision making ability when it comes to men! She was basically trying to protect her from herself!
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I can't recall anyone saying they liked Ryan - anyone????
    Not me! I started out liking him because, lets face it, he's really attractive, but there was something about him that wore on me. He even admitted on MTA that he might have been a little over-the-top due to nerves. For the most part,. they were a pretty congenial group of guys after they were culled to the final 10 or so - except William who lost my favor also. The fact that Ryan got on their nerves so greatly says something to me.
    navybelle and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Somebody mentioned there's a poll going on somewhere about who we want to be the next Bachelor. Where do we vote on that?
    The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, The Bachelor Pad: Watch videos, catch up with cast, apply to be a contestant

Ames is still leading, but after last night, Ben is gaining votes. I think it's interesting that Ryan is the first name listed on the poll. I think that someone versed in marketing/advertising would tell you that that would influence the vote towards him. Hmmmm.... I wonder who tptb are leaning towards. (Actually, if not Ames, I'd love to see Ben or Mickey!)
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Not me! I started out liking him because, lets face it, he's really attractive, but there was something about him that wore on me. He even admitted on MTA that he might have been a little over-the-top due to nerves. For the most part,. they were a pretty congenial group of guys after they were culled to the final 10 or so - except William who lost my favor also. The fact that Ryan got on their nerves so greatly says something to me.
    The best way I can describe Ryan is that he reminded me of a golden retriever puppy! I love dogs and I love golden retriever puppies - but sometimes their excitement is just a little too much and you need to crate them to let them chill out! I felt the exact same way about Ryan!
    Midol and Eastcoastmom like this.

I apologize if someone else has already said this, but in my opinion, the fact that Ashley was different with JP is a good thing. Her sister was basing her feelings on Ashley acting different than she has with other guys - other relationships, I might point out, that didn't work. I compare it to Trista with Ryan. Charlie was much more her type. Ryan was the complete opposite - and she was different around him than she had been with anyone else (at least that's what she said). Look how that worked out? Maybe Ashley is different with JP because this relationship is different - maybe she is more serious about him and is looking at this as a grown up relationship? I'm just saying, the fact that she is different with JP might actually be a GOOD thing!

And I may be in the minority, but I loved the finale. Not every moment was perfect, and I hated that Ben, whom I really like, got hurt. But I've seen the connection between JP and Ashley since he missed out on the Vegas date. She even told him that she had wished it would've been him getting off the plane. He got less spectacular dates than the other guys for the most part, yet they seemed to like just hanging out with one another (and playing tonsil hockey.) In fact, he said he liked the fact that their dates were easy and simple with them just talking.
    Anyhow, call me a sap, but I actually shed a tear at the finale. I was so happy for them and hopeful that they'll have their "happily ever after." It was one of my favortite finales ever, up there with Trista and Ryan and Andy and Tessa. Lets hope they follow the Trista and Ryan path! They both seem ready to get to real life and just being together.

Closed Thread