Closed Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

Re: 8/1 ShowThread Finale!!!!!!!!!! West Coast Spoilers

I think her sister was right, I liked her much better with Ben.I guess we will see in oh, 6 months tops
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

FORT Fan

I have to step in and play Devil's Advocate for the sister....in her defense, the '10 minute' thing HAD to be exaggerated. I mean, they sat down for awhile when JP first showed up, then they had a meal together....at the least, I'd give it an hour. Is that still a really short amount of time to be judging someone? Yeah, of course....but that means it's really too short an amount of time to be accepting someone to the family too, and Ashley's mom did just that.

Second, the sister said she was basing it more off of how ASHLEY was acting than if she thought JP was a good person. She never said she thought he was a bad guy, but that she didn't really see him as a guy who could make Ashley happy. And to be honest, if my sister was normally loud and goofy and happy-go-lucky and then showed up with some guy and was serious, quiet, and couldn't even answer if he made her laugh....I'd think that he wasn't right for her either. I get that Ashley was conflicted about how she felt about the guys and that she wanted to show that she could be in a serious relationship with JP, but usually that drastic a change doesn't mean anything good. The difference in how she acted with each guy around her family was stunning-with JP she was quiet and reserved, and with Ben she was open, laughing, and VERY touchy-feely. I would have thought that Ben was better for her too, because she was acting more like her normal self around him.

Did the sister come on strong? Yeah, of course, but I think she honestly mean it for the best reasons, not because she was trying to be controlling, or bitter, or anything like that. Ash, on the other hand, played up her 'victim' role. She was bawling her eyes out and the poor sister kept pointing out "You only want my opinion if its what you want to hear" Ashley expected her family to LOVE both guys unconditionally on first sight, and she was kind of unreasonable when that wasn't the case with her sister.

Brings me to poor Ben....guess that's the problem with this show, the lead really has no choice but to lead on both guys until the bitter (literally this time) end. I wanted to reach through the tv and smack her when she greated him with a kiss and told him how good he looked. That was completely unnecessary...and kissing him probably made him think that he really was her choice. Then letting him go on and on and get through the proposal...I really think that was ego stroking on her part because she did have chances during him rambling to stop him and let him know before it got to the point of him hitting his knee. I felt really bad for him, and I think he was completely justified in being angry. He wasn't paying attention to her body language, but he didn't deserve to go through that whole speech before she let him know.

All that being said, I think it's been obvious for a long time that her final pick would be JP. She never had the same chemistry with anyone else, even Bentley, as she has with JP
    sparklete and 1dog2kids like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    Since the season is over, we can say that rumor is that Ben is dating another former bachelor contestant already.
    Hmm, I hope he's with someone. Tonight he still did seem phased by the whole situation, and he indicated he hoped he would find something in the future. He didn't really give an impression that he was with someone. Perhaps they aren't very serious yet. Or perhaps he's finished with televised romance and wants to keep it on the down-low.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, she should NOT have let Ben drop down to one knee and propose. At first she started talking and Ben interrupted her. BUT he did talk for quite a while about his feelings before he dropped down on one knee and propose. The minute Ash heard him say the things he was saying, she should have stopped him right then and there. She really is very socially awkward. She should have stopped him, said that while he is a wonderful person whom she has enjoyed meeting and spending time with and who has many wonderful qualities, but her heart belongs to another. I feel so badly for Ben.
    I totally agree. She could've spared Ben a rejected proposal. There was plenty of time for her to stop him.

Tonight they pretty-much backed Ben into a corner to say he would remain friends with Ashley. I don't think he's feeling friendly toward her, at least not yet.

I wish I had known y'all had a show thread on here that didn't give away the end. I quit posting and reading any sites during the show after someone on this sight during the Jake season let it slip who the F1 was early in the season and it was in a supposed non-spoiler thread. But you guys seem so much nicer than on the ABC site so I would much rather spend time here.

Great posts, everyone. I'm so happy she chose JP. I hope it lasts. This was one of the few I got right too. JP is sooooooooooo handsome (especially in his tux) he would make a penguin jealous.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Oh lord we go thru this every season. Poor, poor final 2 person. Yes, Ashley knew what this day was about. She should have stopped him before he proposed. It happened and he got angry. Perhaps a little sarcastic too, but that is true human emotion and totally fits into how someone who is blind sided could feel about the situation. I say good for Ben~~probably the most real emotion in this totally contrived situation. Do women actually expect men to be happy that they have been dumped/broken up with and then have the woman sugar coat the reasons? Pffftt

As for the sister. Arggh. Why do people do this? Has anyone here ever convinced their BFF, sibling or other relative that their SO is not a good choice? It doesn't work and not especially with the full court press. Her sis has good intentions but totally went about it the wrong way. If you know your sis goes "with a feeling" slapping her upside the head will never go over well. *laffs*

Not too optimistic about this couple and I think that a lot of the hard work will come from JP's side. If he's up to the challenge, good luck to them!
    Midol likes this.

Haha ilja,
    I like JP because he's smiley, but I have to confess that tonight when Chris Harrison was walking JP to the proposal area, I compared the two of them and decided CH looked better in the tux than JP

Glad she chose JP although I think she's a bit of a 'flake' and it won't last. He seems a bit flaky, too. JMHO I'm not interested in seeing Ben get hurt the way it's been described here on this thread so I'm going to watch a movie tonight. I really do love FoRTV but this was the worst Bachelorette season ever for me.

I do hope Ryan is the next bachelor. ;-)

Somebody mentioned there's a poll going on somewhere about who we want to be the next Bachelor. Where do we vote on that?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Haha ilja,
    I like JP because he's smiley, but I have to confess that tonight when Chris Harrison was walking JP to the proposal area, I compared the two of them and decided CH looked better in the tux than JP
    Chris was there? unsure.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

Closed Thread