Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 7/31 Show Thread Episode 10 MTA *West Coast Spoilers

Re: 7/31 Show Thread Episode 10 MTA *West Coast Spoilers

I'm late coming to the board as I was away this weekend and am trying to catch up but there are a few things that stood out for me:

How much the audience was taken with Ames. I think that the producers were caught off guard by this...as they usually are since our taste is so much better than theirs.

How much the producers are trying to shove Ryan down our throat as the next Bachelor. His sad dumping montage ( + ) along with his speech telling us how serious he is about finding love (going so far as to get books, make notes and ask serious questions), were all designed to show the audience that he is really serious about finding a mate and thus will be the PERFECT Bachelor next season. I did enjoy the guy (can't remember who it was), who said that while Ryan was talking about love it was always I, I, I, and never about Ashley.

How the guys and Ashley described both Ryan and Ames as being very positive and always smiling and seeing the bright side of things yet, those traits were negative when discussing Ryan and positive when talking about Ames. Makes me wonder why? and what production is editing out about why the guys dislike Ryan? Is it because he seems to be their only viable candidate left for the next Bachelor as all the other leading guys seem to have found significant others since the show taped?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well we didnt need two hours for all this, thats for sure! She cant even hold this show, we have to three others turn up, that know what she went through. I think they know this was one of the worst seasons to date,I dont think millions tuned in, I think a lot of viewers didnt care if they missed her or not. I will be very glad when this season is over with.I dont think yan is the next bachelor I think it will be the one she doesnt choose. Whoever she chooses I hope he's happy, she looked bored fed up, and not that happy imnsho
    I agree with just about everything you've said, except that unfortunately I think Ryan will be the next bachelor. I'd much rather see someone else as the next bachelor. There's something about Ryan I just don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Ames does not need this show. He's far too wonderful for it anyway!
    Ames-en! I loved when he bid on the mask at the end for the children in the orphanage - he is such a sweetheart.
    nanarama, navybelle and jucamer like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I enjoyed the MTA last night.
    Loved the outtakes and the lack of Bentley on the show.
    While I could certainly do without Deanna, I did think that Ali made some very good points about Ashley when she compared herself to her.
    I find both Ali and Ashley very down to earth and each seemed to be hurt by how much negativity was out there and directed towards them.
    Like how Ali said ..."it only takes 1 person ...."
    I thought the personal trainer made some great comments and I especially liked how the drunk bachelor - who passed out drunk at the ccktail party - got a chance to talk and reveal his personality a bit.
    Enjoyed seeing Ames, of course.
    I like both Ames and Ryan, but have to agree that it would be hard to see Ames diced, spliced and spit upon as the next Bachelor. I still have no idea why the guy signed up for Bachelor Pad!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ames won't be the next Bachelor...he already found a new love!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sparklete View Post
    I agree with just about everything you've said, except that unfortunately I think Ryan will be the next bachelor. I'd much rather see someone else as the next bachelor. There's something about Ryan I just don't like.
    Really? perhaps. I guess I have said before.I really don't mind him.I hated Jake , on sight, and when he spoke.I do not get that vibe from Ryan. Imnsho Jake hates women.Ryan OTOH doesnt.It is what it is I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I'm late coming to the board as I was away this weekend and am trying to catch up but there are a few things that stood out for me:

How much the audience was taken with Ames. I think that the producers were caught off guard by this...as they usually are since our taste is so much better than theirs.

How much the producers are trying to shove Ryan down our throat as the next Bachelor. His sad dumping montage ( + ) along with his speech telling us how serious he is about finding love (going so far as to get books, make notes and ask serious questions), were all designed to show the audience that he is really serious about finding a mate and thus will be the PERFECT Bachelor next season. I did enjoy the guy (can't remember who it was), who said that while Ryan was talking about love it was always I, I, I, and never about Ashley.

How the guys and Ashley described both Ryan and Ames as being very positive and always smiling and seeing the bright side of things yet, those traits were negative when discussing Ryan and positive when talking about Ames. Makes me wonder why? and what production is editing out about why the guys dislike Ryan? Is it because he seems to be their only viable candidate left for the next Bachelor as all the other leading guys seem to have found significant others since the show taped?
    I can only answer for me - Ryan seemed like he was trying too hard. Ames is just Ames - didn't strike me as trying to be something he's not - and he is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Really? perhaps. I guess I have said before.I really don't mind him.I hated Jake , on sight, and when he spoke.I do not get that vibe from Ryan. Imnsho Jake hates women.Ryan OTOH doesnt.It is what it is I guess.

From day one on Jilly's season Jake made my stomach turn. I sort of like Ryan - I think he might just be trying to hard. But if all of the other guys dislike him, there really has to be a reason

According to The Bachelorette web-site, Ames is (barely) leading in the vote for next Bachelor - even though Ryan is the first name listed on their poll. I wonder if ABC underestimated Ames popularity? He certainly got the most love from the audience last night - by far.

BTW, I just saw an interview with the lady who won the bid for the mask last night. She said she had been prepared to pay $5,000 but the bidding topped out at $2,000 - so she's going to give them the $5,000 for the orphanage anyway. With all the stupid stuff that we get caught up in watching this show, that's "make you smile and feel good" news.
    Ellen, fireflyer and Columbia, MD like this.

Closed Thread