Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: 7/25 Show Thread Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 7/25 Show Thread Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Ali is supremely annoying, and, unfortunately, a regular on a local news station I like; I usually change the channel or hit "mute" when I hear her voice. I made an exception, however, yesterday morning, when one of the anchors interviewed her about Monday's Bachelorette. It was a lot of the usual yadda-yadda; then one of the questions raised was that of the next Bachelor and the return of Ryan. Whereas she didn't spill the beans entirely, she did say something about the producers' habit of giving a "pre-teaser" for the next annointed one by bringing him/her back. She also hinted about his not really being so heartbroken by the second rejection.

Bummer, 'cuz I was hoping for Ames, too...
    I still think that if enough people flood ABC with requests for Ames we might get a chance .....unless he is totally committed to a relationship...I hope not..I don't think she is good enough for him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I finally watched Monday's episode last night. I think when the president came on it messed up my recording of the show, so thankfully, my cable company airs the show a few days later (on demand). I must say, I give kudos to Constantine for being honest with his feelings and not just continuing to play the game.

Ashley seemed really into both Ben and JP. I do like her better with Ben though...they seem to have more of a balanced relationship whereas when she is with JP, it's more of a physical thing. With JP's past bouts with jealousy and knowing what a difficult time Emily had when watching Brad with all the other women once the show aired, I wonder what JP's reaction would be when he sees Ashley with Ben, that is, if JP is the final one. It was quite evident that as much as Ben was into showing affection towards Ashley, she also initiated it quite a bit and even let him put suntan lotion on her chest! That was quite bold and telling! That is a very intimate thing, to let a man touch you like that. Or maybe I'm just old fashioned...

I loved the suite reserved for Ben and Ashley. That blue pool was gorgeous. Every season I tell myself I'll make a list of all these resorts and go there someday, but I never get around to it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fanatic

I think that the bed scene in the fantasy suite with JP was a lot more telling than Ben applying suntan oil on Ashley's chest. I don't think there is any doubt
    about how they feel about each other.
    GoingInCircles and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't actually agree with the bolded. I think time puts things in perspective and we tend to forget our own behaviour. I remember when Ali had that breakdown in the hotel hallway and then called to be allowed back on the show there was A LOT of people on this board complaining about how emotional she was, how she was allowing herself to be manipulated, how nasty she was to Vienna, etc... and I include myself in some of this. However, time heals...or in her case her handling of Roberto and Chris L did and I think most people look back on her season as a success because of how things ended. Jake did the same thing with Jillian and people seemed much more forgiving when he did the half Mesnick out on the balcony. Although we made fun of him, many just believed him to be sincere, although stiff and boring...And look how well that turned out.

I think in general ... and please don't throw things at me ... but we women (and let's be honest...it IS mainly women on this board), are usually much harder, more critical, and less likely to forgive one another than we are of the men on this show.

Holding up my shield to ward off the slings and arrows.
    Midol,

My point was that Ali was doing a really bad OTT acting job when she made that phone call to Jake.
    That was totally staged, IMO.
    Ali had no feelings for Jake, but she did want to become the next Babette, and that's what it took to get her there. So, she played her role.

I totally agree with your comment, by the way, that women can be much harsher toward women. THat's a given!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Big night tonight: The Men Tell All. Don't want to start a thread because it will look like spoilers, but just wondering if anybody wants to speculate whether Bentley will be there. That's allowed, right? I'm guessing he won't have the guts to be there, or maybe he has finished playing his "bad guy" part and wasn't invited. If you already know, no spoilers please! Hoping Ames will be there ... would love to see Ames and hear what he has to say!
    analisa_roche likes this.

I hope Bentley is there! If this show is my trash-TV guilty pleasure, then I want it to be really trashy!

I'd also like to see/hear Ames, because he's a nice contrast to the rest of this dreck.
    Columbia, MD and Fanny Mare like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't think Bentley will be there but I do think there will be lots and lots of talk about him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213