Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: 7/25 Show Thread Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/25 Show Thread Episode 9 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    JP and Ashley's date was off the charts in chemistry and romance. They couldn't keep their hands off each other! I hope it ends up with a long-term relationship at the least. I like seeing them together and the logistics would seem to work pretty well, both being Eastcoasters.

Yes, well I have seen that before. Fiji and real life are two different animals .When it comes to every day chores and not fancy trips with maid service.Thats when I will see if these two are still hands on, or like so many before them , will they be hands off? lol
    I am totally a JP fan, but if you remember back to Andy Baldwin's season,he could not keep his hands off Bevin, and look how that one turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    I am totally a JP fan, but if you remember back to Andy Baldwin's season,he could not keep his hands off Bevin, and look how that one turned out.
    thats because Andy was/is a womanizer with a tiny beenie weenie

I still think we should flood ABC and TPTB with requests that Ames be our next bachelor....maybe he will reconsider his current situation....I don't think she is good enough for him...problem is..I feel so protective of Ames and like him so much IDK if I could agree that anyone would be good enough for him...but I dont' know how tight or good his current relationship is...just wondering if it is new enough and maybe not solid enough that he would at least think about it..so I still say we flood ABC and TPTB with requests for Ames to be our next bachelor
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 07-26-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    GoingInCircles, JavaJo and jucamer like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post

Ben was totally adorable tonight AND sexy. Vulnerability is sexy in a man and he had it going on tonight, but his hair bugs me. He has come so far and grown into a real mature man. I don't think he is right for Ashley and she isn't right for him but I think he will find someone great once he dates around a bit and gets his new "dating toes" wet.

JP is just awesome and hot, hot, hot!! I think he is just too mature and has too much life experience for Ashley. He does seem to fall fast and hard, but makes bad decisions regarding the women he dates. Falling in love with a woman with daddy abandonment issues would be another mistake. No matter how much he reassures her, loves her and does for her~~in the back of her mind that fear of being abandoned again will still be there. It will create problems.
    After watching the dates uninterrupted, I'd say that it's JP and Ashley wrapped up in a bow.

For as much as I love Ben (he's so broad-shouldered!), I get this distinct feeling like he knows he's second fiddle; he knows it, and he's willing to comply with the show's requests of him in exchange for a solid edit and free wine promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if the show wasn't courting him to be the next Bachelor since there's a lackluster response to Ryan. Doubt Ben'd do it if there's any truth to some of the rumors out there in addition to the show filming during harvest. He seems rather committed to his winery. As the runner-up, women will be stalking his winery for weeks/months to come that to find a girlfriend would be easy.

As for Constantine, he did a wonderful job of being honest about his lack of feelings. Everyone knew that in Thailand. I loved that he mentioned his bromance with Ben when on a date with Ashley. LOL.

JP and Ashley's date reminded me of Ali and Jillian's seasons: Ali's with the private island/water makeout sessions, Jillian's with the clothes change. I get that they're into each other, but I'm not as gooey about them as I was watching Ali and Roberto *shrug*.

The show needs to reinvent itself somehow.

I wish this show would reinvent itself. I am not sure it can. I heard the bachelor pad is three hours, three lours long due to Fake and Vienna. How on earth can we call these dweebs stars!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Both Chris' and Ashley's Blogs are posted in their respective threads.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

JP and Ashley surely have the chemistry. She can act quite immature at times. Will that work for him all the time? Ben and she were silly...to say the least, in that ending segment.

Never figured what she saw in Constantine. Evidently there wasn't much there. It didn't seem to bother her that he left. I wouldn't care to see Ames as the next Bachelor. He is a truly super, smart guy, but smiles all the time. There were some really good looking, nice bachelors in this series, that I wouldn't mind seeing more of, but it might be nice to see a fresh face come on the scene.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    ITA...she says he is her ROCK...hint #1

she seems to be able to tell him anything and everything ...hint #2

the music in the background...hint #3

I don't see any chemistry with Ben at all...hint #4

They seem to have that comfortable silence just being together...hint #5

They can't seem to keep their hands off each other ...hint #6
    I was laughing during the date with JP, because those two were acting just like hubby and I once we got serious. Hands all over each other, telling him everything, comfortable silence...this just screams "We're in love!"

Poor Ben. His date was just so opposite to the one with JP. Ashley acted like she was just a friend with him, there was just no chemistry there. Somebody mentioned snorkeling and no contact--that's what I was thinking! Back when hubby and I were dating, that wouldn't have been my idea of a dream date. I agree that he probably knows he's second fiddle and is just hanging around for his own purposes.

I want to say poor Connie, but I think he's better off without her. He was clearly checking out on that date (funny, just like Ashley did when Brad was dumping her). Again, no chemistry, Connie looked like he was just having fun with a female friend on that helicopter date.

The issue of religion has been mentioned. After the HT dates, Ashley said in her People blog that she had discovered that Connie's religion (Greek Orthodox) was very important to him. That kind of makes me wonder why he went to Fiji for the overnight dates. I also wonder if he mentioned religion as a reason for wanting to dump Ashley and we just didn't get to see it.

Also, it's interesting how Ashley handled this vs. JP. With Connie, she just says that she was surprised he never mentioned it before, like she just discovered her friend had a cool hobby. With JP, though, she says in the same blog that she was worried his family wouldn't accept her because they're Jewish, how relieved she was that they did accept her, etc. Totally different reaction. Another strong sign that JP is F1.

JMO...all signs are pointing to JP as the F1 which is fine with me..I love him he is so my type I would love to find a guy just like him just a little bit older
    He's not my type, but then I didn't particularly care for Ashley, either, so I don't care. If she's happy, then ce la vie. I'm focusing on the next season already. Count me on the anti-Ryan bandwagon. I don't hate the guy; he does seem to be nice. However, like others have said, he also seems phony with his constant smiling and nothing ever irritating him. Even if he's just a very nice guy, the fact that he would come to Fiji either a) reeks of desperation of b) shows that he's willing to be totally manipulated. Either of those is not a good scenario. I wish it would be Ben (I've counted Ames out), but I have a dreadful feeling TPTB are going to shove Ryan down our throats. If so, then I will seriously contemplate not watching.

One of the blogs pointed out something interesting. For the past few seasons, the F2 has ended up getting married or at least into a long-term relationship. IOW, they were better off getting dumped by the lead. Maybe that means Ben can find somebody to come help with the harvest.
    Columbia, MD likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    ITA...she says he is her ROCK...hint #1

she seems to be able to tell him anything and everything ...hint #2

the music in the background...hint #3

I don't see any chemistry with Ben at all...hint #4

They seem to have that comfortable silence just being together...hint #5

They can't seem to keep their hands off each other ...hint #6

JMO...all signs are pointing to JP as the F1 which is fine with me..I love him he is so my type I would love to find a guy just like him just a little bit older
    Ashley has always said that she wants someone that makes her feel "secure" and whenever she talks about JP, she says he makes her feel "secure". I think that is a very big hint right there.

THis season seems to be following the same script as Ali's.
    I think Ashley fell for JP pretty early on, just like Ali did for Roberto.
    The producers then had to come up with the plotlines - which are all real similar.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

I agree, this season does seem an awful lot like Ali's season!!! I also believe that she is already committed more to JP than she is to Ben, but all will reveal itself in just one week! I can't wait!

Ashley and Ben's Special Visitor - Coming Up Roses: The Bachelorette

This clip is hilarious! I wish it had been a clip of Ashley and JP, but it's still pretty funny. Look who joined Ashley and Ben for dinner in the deleted scene.

Closed Thread