Closed Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

I wasn't quite sure which thread to put this in, but this is super interesting stuff. ABC released some news releases on "The Men Tell All", "The Bachelorette" finale, and the "After the Final Rose" special. It has so much information, with clues! I think it basically shows more than ever that JP is going to be the final one!

Previews of TMTA, 'The Bachelorette' Finale, and ATFR - Coming Up Roses: The Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I don't think so.

I thought they definitely showed the love story w. Ali and Roberto and just threw in distractions like Frank and the Wrestler guy. But, the love story was there to see.
    Anytime they showed Ali with anyone else, it was pretty obvious she was not at all interested in them, IMO.
    And I think this happens every season. We the viewers fell in love with Chris L. We the viewers fell in love with Reid (and Kiptyn). For some, the blinders go on and we stop actually seeing who the lead has eyes for. For Jillian - she was over the moon about Ed from his first date, end of story. For Ali, same thing with Roberto. But they have to have a viable F2, so the producers scrape together what they have and edit it to give us a viable F2. I'm not saying the leads don't have feelings for their F2. But I think the last few seasons of the Bachelorette, it has been pretty obvious, looking back, who the real F1 was. And I agree, it is this season as well.

As for the editing this season - I think the Bentley fiasco blew up in their face. They wanted to create drama, but they went so over the top that they turned off viewers and ratings actually started to drop. Add to that the break-up of Brad and Emily. The edit really changed after that. I think they are showing us the love story - and trying not to over-do it in a way that the F1 is going to be pissed, like Emily was seeing Brad with Chantal. They also wanted the fans to come back - and what the fans were clamouring for was the love story. Sure, there was some other drama thrown in there - they have to fill 2 hours. But at the end of the day, the edit for the second part of this season has shown us the love story. They have provided us a viable F2, but they have shown us the love story!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I remember when one of the FORTers here scooped all the blogs and revealed that it was going to be Roberto. Holy mackerel, the uproar! Nobody could believe it. So yeah, you're right. The edit of JP & Ashley is entirely different from Ali & Roberto.
    Actually, there was a whole group of us here (small, though we might've been) that knew Ali was smitten with Roberto from the get-go and the edit proved he was her F1. I can't tell you how many times we were told there was no way Ali was into Roberto b/c all she did was kiss him and that "the chemistry" edit never won but we were right. Ashley's edit is the exact same that Ali got - her chemistry with JP is off the charts. She even had a shy smile in the helicopter Monday night when JP commented "we have our own private island" that Ali had with Roberto. The only difference between last season and this is that TPTB didn't try to hide it, probably b/c of all the distraction the Bentley drama caused...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Closed Thread