Closed Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Just wanted to say to all those questioning who comes back next week - it has been out for weeks. ABC spoiled it in their season spoilers very early on in the season. I'm sure you can go to the ABC website and find it. I didn't want to put it here, in case someone doesn't want to know - or in case the mods consider it a spoiler. But for those who are interested, it is out there and was spoiled by ABC itself weeks ago, if you paid attention to the previews at the end of the shows.

I saw the clip you refer to, but I still didn't get who it was. Please PM me if anyone knows.

FORT Newbie

Is there any site this year that has pictures ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Just wanted to say to all those questioning who comes back next week - it has been out for weeks. ABC spoiled it in their season spoilers very early on in the season. I'm sure you can go to the ABC website and find it. I didn't want to put it here, in case someone doesn't want to know - or in case the mods consider it a spoiler. But for those who are interested, it is out there and was spoiled by ABC itself weeks ago, if you paid attention to the previews at the end of the shows.
    awwwwwww I saw the clip and figured out who comes back....I guess since ABC showed it I hope its not considered a spoiler but I think I will wait for an okay from the mods before posting it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    awwwwwww I saw the clip and figured out who comes back....I guess since ABC showed it I hope its not considered a spoiler but I think I will wait for an okay from the mods before posting it
    I don't know why ABC did this.Was it so we like this person more , as the next bachelor that is..

Please keep the information to PM until the show airs next week. ABC apparently let it slip in a few previews, but the intent is for us to be surprised.

Ashley's Blog is now posted in its thread. Read the JP section for her answer on religion.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-19-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Agree with everybody else. Best episode of the season. Loved the towns with their beautiful scenery. I think we should get together and do a road trip to all those towns... (that's us at Ben's winery ).

Constantine

Loved it! I want to do some Greek-style oompah dancing. Did anybody else burst out laughing when his family came in? I had flashbacks to watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." I thought that was just a story! I liked it even more because I come from a big family on my mother's side, with lots of aunts and uncles and cousins, which makes get-togethers a lot of fun.

Ames

Oh bless his heart. Even if Ashley hadn't said that part about "no spark," you would have known. There just wasn't any romantic vibe, more of a big sisterly one. You could also tell by her ending recap. "With Ames I learned a lot." Er, my husband is British, and so I certainly learned about British culture while we were dating. If you had asked me why I liked him, though, that's not the first I would have said about him. (Well, ok, I loved his cute accent, but that has nothing to do with learning. )

Somebody mentioned the red pants he wore last week at the RC. It's funny, because they've actually drawn internet attention. Some blogger made fun of them, and then down in the comment section, many people said they're called "Nantucket Reds" and that they're really popular with the East coast/preppie/Ivy League set. So, yeah, I really love Ames, but maybe his next GF should come from his social set or she might not feel comfortable moving in it. I wonder how that would play out if he became the next Bachelor?

Ben

Loved his family. Oh my goodness, my mouth popped open when Ben's mama nailed Ashley. "Would you be willing to relocate? You know, after all these glamorous dates end, you have to try and make it work in real life." Wonder what Ashley thought about being pinned down like that, since usually the B/Bette just gets the "I just want my child to be happy" speech. Man oh man, if Ames can't be TB, I want Ben! I want to see his mother grilling those ladies.

And it's funny how people see things differently. I didn't see anything wrong with Ben's family. I just thought his sister had kind of taken on the father's role of giving advice since their father had passed away.

JP

I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, since it seems clear that Ashley is heading towards making him F1. I just couldn't though. As others have said, when he said that part about "She gave me cause for concern, couldn't reassure me, etc." man that set up huge red flags. Been there, done that with the controlling/always jealous BF and it was hell. Now I just get so frustrated when other women make the same mistake, especially women like Ashley who have so much going for them.

And yeah, the constant talking about his past GF's and his broken heart grated on me, too. Grow up. And the last thing I would want is to have my parents going over my dating history and especially portraying me as a woe-is-me victim. It takes two to make a relationship, even a lousy one.

On a more positive note, however, I loved the skating rink. One of the Army bases where we lived had a skating rink which was kind of the social hub. I used to love going there with my friends. Bring back the 80's! (And I don't care if that dates me. The 80's rocked. )
    Minney and navybelle like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    On a more positive note, however, I loved the skating rink. One of the Army bases where we lived had a skating rink which was kind of the social hub. I used to love going there with my friends. Bring back the 80's! (And I don't care if that dates me. The 80's rocked. )
    Yeah....loved the 80's!!! And still love the music...and disco balls!
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw the clip you refer to, but I still didn't get who it was. Please PM me if anyone knows.
    Thanks to those who sent me info!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know why ABC did this.Was it so we like this person more , as the next bachelor that is..
    I think it could be possible that they are setting him up for the next bachelor but I personally don't think its a good choice
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Closed Thread