Closed Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chadds Ford was the area tagged during his date.
    THanks.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

WOW! The producers didn't throw any of the families under the bus! Loved every guy's family. All very nice and no nutters in the group.

I'm not surprised that Ashley sent Ames home, it was pretty obvious that she didn't have "those" feelings with Ames but his family was great and he would be an awesome bachelor. Much more interesting than Ryan. Whoever said AMES FOR BACHELOR, I agree with you. He has totally grown on me and it would be interesting to see someone who has a vocabulary, even if it is a word I don't understand~~ leading this show. He looked as stunned as his boxing match appearance.

I'm still not on the Ashley bus, her guys are awesome but I have a feeling that whoever she chooses will not work out for her.

It seems from the coming attractions that Ashley's family is not happy with her choice in one of the guys she brings home to meet her family. Wonder who that is....

I sensed another "red flag" from JP again tonight. When he was talking to Ashley about his most recent "ex", he stated that the one thing that made the relationship fail is that SHE did not give him reassurance that things were ok, there was always some cause for doubt, concern, things that SHE did that would cause him to question the relationship. For some reason...this still rings (to me) of JP having a problem with jealousy...usually anyone who is jealous has a big problem with insecurity and no matter what their partner does to reassure them, it's never enough. He seemed like he was placing all the blame for the failure of the relationship on HER. Maybe I'm wrong (and I sure hope I am) but I think he has a major jealousy issue, even outside the confinements of the Bachelor mansion and it's competitive nature.
    Last edited by Holly in SoCal; 07-19-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    JP's picture is in the center...the rest revolve around him. Is this another sign?
    And JP's date was the FINAL date...hhhmm...I wonder....

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Haven't been able to watch the show in a few weeks..who got sent home last night?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm leaning toward her still having Roman Catholic leanings due to the time when they were in Vegas and she was on her flip the coin date. Just as he was beginning to hoist her up on the pirate chair in the wine shop, she crossed herself. An Atheist or Agnostic would not make the sign of the cross no matter the circumstances. Whether she practices religion, at least it seems she has been exposed to it.
    I am an absolute atheist who was raised catholic (catholic school, church choir, the whole nine yards) and I crossed myself without thinking when I took my husband to see Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal. It's ingrained habit, nothing more.
    Ellen and Holly in SoCal like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post

I sensed another "red flag" from JP again tonight. When he was talking to Ashley about his most recent "ex"....... He seemed like he was placing all the blame for the failure of the relationship on HER..
    The best thing a man/woman could say when questioned about a former relationship breakup is that: It takes two to make a marriage and two to break one up. Or if just a relationship insert relationship for marriage...if you get way further down the road more explanation can be offered but from the get go, that is all I think is required to say, no need to elaborate until you think you might really be serious. But I guess in this situation, everything is so accelerated that lots of info is out there early, I hated spending time on first dates talking about past relationships and what went wrong...ugh...

Ames is great, but while I appreciate him very much he would make me uncomfortable. He is too Alan Alda-ish for me, the real life one, not the MASH Alan Alda who would be my type, lol.

It seems from the coming attractions that Ashley's family is not happy with her choice in one of the guys she brings home to meet her family. Wonder who that is....

I sensed another "red flag" from JP again tonight. When he was talking to Ashley about his most recent "ex", he stated that the one thing that made the relationship fail is that SHE did not give him reassurance that things were ok, there was always some cause for doubt, concern, things that SHE did that would cause him to question the relationship. For some reason...this still rings (to me) of JP having a problem with jealousy...usually anyone who is jealous has a big problem with insecurity and no matter what their partner does to reassure them, it's never enough. He seemed like he was placing all the blame for the failure of the relationship on HER. Maybe I'm wrong (and I sure hope I am) but I think he has a major jealousy issue, even outside the confinements of the Bachelor mansion and it's competitive nature.
    I would love to meet JPs GF who broke his heart, how old is he? 16.Move on already. They all want to protect him so very much, at 30 plus, I really dont think he needs all that.Or, maybe that's for the show.If she chooses him, with them both being so insecure, it will never work out.She needs a Constantine

FORT Fogey

Thank you, Holly. I meant to point that out, too, because I definitely noticed a huge red flag waving when JP said that. In my experience (of *many* years, LOL), it's crucial to pay attention to how a guy talks about his ex(es). When he totally blames them for the relationship or marriage not working out ... RUN! Not only is it going to be your responsibility to make the relationship work while he sits back and criticizes you, but he's going to be blabbing to everyone how it was all your fault when you break up. Nothing you do will ever be enough to please him. Again, run! I liked JP's mom and I know that no mother wants her child to have his heart broken, but even she was laying it on a little thick, especially for a man JP's age. Ashley can be so dumb about things. I keep trying to like her, but I have a problem with smart women being so stupid about men while thinking they're being smart ... maybe because I used to be one of them.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Best episode this season. I loved all the families, especially the lack of kooks - or ABC trying to make them appear to be kooks. And what a great group of guys! It was hard to see Ames sent home - does anyone not LOVE Ames? - but I saw it coming. The funny mouth mannerisms she has (like a nervous tic,) seem to come out when she's talking to a guy that she's not feeling connected to. I saw it in overdrive with Ames.
    Constantine - did y'all not adore his family? Cumming is right next to Lake Lanier and it looks like that's where they met up. I want to eat at his family's restaurant now! I don't think she'll end up with Con, but what a great guy.
    Ames family was so nice, too. His mother, especially, imo. I was touched by her comment that said how Ames had been there for her in tough times. Bless his heart. I think Ames needs to find himself a "Muffie" who fits in his social scene but also has his sterling character and love of life.
    Ben? Whoa. Love me some Ben. He was so emotionally vulnerable last night. If he doesn't end up with Ashley - and I don't think he will - I hope he'll be okay. I love a close knit family, but his sister did seem a little too...involved maybe? in his love life. It also could just be the way it was all edited.
    Then JP. LOVED their date. I see the most chemistry with the two of them. Physically, they look so cute together, and it seems they have quite the emotional connection as well. My vote for her pick would be JP (for all THAT is worth!) I guess we'll find out in a few weeks!

Closed Thread