Closed Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Britmom View Post
    This is my first post after lurking for a long time, but I have to say, that if I could choose a man to marry my daughter, Ames would absolutely be that guy. He can come on a hometown date to my house anytime. What a gentleman!
    OMG I would also choose him in a heartbeat for my daughter but alas she is only 14 years old...but my wish is that she finds a guy like Ames when she grows up she would be so lucky

BTW...WELCOME to the Fort...hope you enjoy your time and all the reading...its always nice to have a pair of fresh eyes and comments
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

OK...now JP's mom definitely has a NY accent!!!

Aaahhhhh.....Long Island...my hometown!!!
    Last edited by Holly in SoCal; 07-19-2011 at 01:01 AM.

These hometown visits have had the most beautiful scenery....I'm loving it! Those flowers on Long Island, the rolling hills in Sonoma, Ame's favorite Magnolia tree and the PA countryside and the beauty of Georgia. Wow....such beauty! And that rollerskating ring (with old fashioned wooden floors no less!)...when I was in Jr. High on Long Island, we were always in the rollerskating ring (and yes....as JP said...for birthdays too)...any moment now I'm going to start singing..."Memories...like the corners of my mind".... lol

I dont normally feel really bad for anyone going home.I felt so badly for Ames.I don't think he saw that coming. I am totally in love with the guy, if my DD would bring him home, I would be over the moon.He is extraordinary.I still feel badly thinking about what he went through- the hurt. The other dates went well.She said the same line about JP as she did Brad.Something about I could just walk around and do nothing for three hours with him. I thought Ben was lovely, I don't think he's grounded enough.Constantine is just charming ♥.

JP, well I am not a fan of his, but his family was also nice.

I tuned into see Ames more than anyone, I will miss him.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    <snipped>

I read somewhere that she's a staunch Athiest, but who knows. It didn't get brought up tonight at all, which surprised me since religion often does on these hometown visits. Or, it got brought up, but they didn't show us what transpired. I would guess religion would be important in JP's family and Constantine's family, just from my perspective. Wonder how or if it will affect things? It probably doesn't mean anything, but instead of saying "Oh my God!" she said "Oh my goodness" over and over tonight - I do it too, so I'm not criticizing, but I did notice it and wondered if it has to do with her alleged lack of belief in a God.
    I'm leaning toward her still having Roman Catholic leanings due to the time when they were in Vegas and she was on her flip the coin date. Just as he was beginning to hoist her up on the pirate chair in the wine shop, she crossed herself. An Atheist or Agnostic would not make the sign of the cross no matter the circumstances. Whether she practices religion, at least it seems she has been exposed to it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Loved all the hometown dates.
    All the guys are above far - esp. for this show.

Glad we're at least seeing a love story this year. But, as with all things Fleiss, he's just got to throw in some of his usual nonsense.

I didn't catch where Ames was from - was it Conn or Pa?

TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I was shocked she let Ames go, after that conversation she had with him about how much they think alike, how they see the world the same, etc., and then she told Chris that Ames would make the best husband and she learns so much from being with him. I really thought she might let JP go ... maybe because I would, after hearing 20 times about how hurt he was by his last girlfriend. Really, like no one else has ever had their heart broken. What is he ... 33? Of course he would have had at least one painful breakup, like everyone else. I'd want a guy to be over it before I got involved with him, and to me it would be a red flag that he keeps bringing it up. Put on your big boy pants, JP. In my opinion, Ashley let the best one go ... but I think Ames will have his pick of the cream of the crop now. He is too refined for her. What a gem!

I should have read your post before my post. I agree 100% with you.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Loved all the hometown dates.
    All the guys are above far - esp. for this show.

Glad we're at least seeing a love story this year. But, as with all things Fleiss, he's just got to throw in some of his usual nonsense.

I didn't catch where Ames was from - was it Conn or Pa?

TIA
    Pennsylvania.

Chris Harrison's Blog for Episode 8 is now posted in his thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Pennsylvania.

Chris Harrison's Blog for Episode 8 is now posted in his thread.
    THanks, Ariel, Do you know where in PA?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Chadds Ford was the area tagged during his date.

Closed Thread