Closed Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 7/18 Show Thread Episode 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Okay the JP date had a vibe that reminded me of Meredith and Ian. They are so comfortable together.

Wow - I am so, so impressed with the guys Ashley has in her final four, and their families. What nice people they all seemed to be! And no weird editing, gimmicks or anything - no dead birds in the backyard, actors portraying parents, goofy hats, or taxidermy basements. On each date, I just adored each guy. They were awesome, and will each make a wonderful husband to someone someday, I bet.

Constantine was sooo cute on his visit to the restaurant, and became my frontrunner. I want him!!
    Then, Ames was so adorable and sweet, and so I fell for him, and he moved up in my rankings to be neck & neck w/Connie.
    I wasn't sure about Ben at first, and reading the comments here before seeing his date made me wonder about his relationships with the other women in his life. But, I was impressed with both him and his family. The sister seemed quite "in charge" at first, but I got the impression it was her house they were at - so that's why she was being the hostess. Since she signed him up for the show, I think she was just really interested in hearing from him, and I liked how they wanted him to be more open and emotional. He had me in tears talking about his dad. He was so cute and so real, he could be my new favorite.
    JP has always been so adorable to me, so seeing him with his family was fun. He seems very invested, very interested in Ashley, so I guess he's still my number one. See? I just couldn't decide if were Ashley!!

I read somewhere that she's a staunch Athiest, but who knows. It didn't get brought up tonight at all, which surprised me since religion often does on these hometown visits. Or, it got brought up, but they didn't show us what transpired. I would guess religion would be important in JP's family and Constantine's family, just from my perspective. Wonder how or if it will affect things? It probably doesn't mean anything, but instead of saying "Oh my God!" she said "Oh my goodness" over and over tonight - I do it too, so I'm not criticizing, but I did notice it and wondered if it has to do with her alleged lack of belief in a God.

Previews for next week, and the finale, were interesting! And, they seemed highly edited. I don't believe for a minute that any of the leaving "drama" has anything to do with JP. That was too obviously set up for us to be duped, and I'm not buying it.
    I think I already know who comes back, so I won't say anything about that.

Her argument with her sister (?) was intriguing!! I wonder who she was talking about when she said the girl just walked in and stated "he" was not for Ashley. That will be an interesting episode, if the family isn't actually being all polite and saying all the same things they always do.... Wow!

This was one of my favorite episodes, and certainly the best of this season. Besides Ashley chewing on her lips all the time, she was actually very engaging. I didn't mind watching her tonight, and definitely didn't mind watching any of her guys. Gosh, she's lucky.
    nanarama and Midol like this.

FORT Newbie

This is my first post after lurking for a long time, but I have to say, that if I could choose a man to marry my daughter, Ames would absolutely be that guy. He can come on a hometown date to my house anytime. What a gentleman!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Britmom!

FORT Fogey

I was shocked she let Ames go, after that conversation she had with him about how much they think alike, how they see the world the same, etc., and then she told Chris that Ames would make the best husband and she learns so much from being with him. I really thought she might let JP go ... maybe because I would, after hearing 20 times about how hurt he was by his last girlfriend. Really, like no one else has ever had their heart broken. What is he ... 33? Of course he would have had at least one painful breakup, like everyone else. I'd want a guy to be over it before I got involved with him, and to me it would be a red flag that he keeps bringing it up. Put on your big boy pants, JP. In my opinion, Ashley let the best one go ... but I think Ames will have his pick of the cream of the crop now. He is too refined for her. What a gem!
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

Ames for PRESIDENT! Seriously! Sprezzatura!!!! Only Ames would say that! What a truly wonderful soul

I completely loved this episode--very proud of Ashley and these fine final four. They all were precious. How much did you just want to crawl into the middle of a big bear hug from Constantine's family? Or go skating with Jordan Paul? Or listen to Ames wax poetic? Or hug sweet Ben?

More after I watch it again. I didn't even see the previews for the rest of the season, but I'm happy just for tonight!
    nanarama and Midol like this.

FORT Newbie

Anyone else think that Ben's sister and Shantell from Brad's season look like they could be sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Interesting lineup of the F4 pictures.

Anyone else see the Bachelor Pad commercial? I see Vienna hasn't gotten any prettier. Maybe Chantal should give her some lessons on how to cry and still look good.
    Yes, I saw those commercials for the Bachelor Pad 2 and forgot to mention it!! I swear they say Fake and Vienna!! I even backed it up to listen to it again, and it cracked me up, because to me he IS so fake. Is her comment about hating him from their break-up show? I couldn't tell, but it looked different to me than the rest of the clips.

FORT Fan

I think these hometown dates were redemption for an otherwise crappy season. All were great. But i do agree with another poster on the jp heartbreak. Give it a rest. We've all been there and lived.
    Fanny Mare and AlwaysVeg like this.

If I were a couple of decades younger, I'd choose Ames but we'd have to live at Ben's winery.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread