Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Thread: Episode 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 7/11 Show Thread: Episode 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

I don't take offense.
    It's just a reality show.

I just have never understood why people ( and I say that collectively ) seem to stereotype West Coasters as laid back, etc. and East Coasters as high strung, etc.
    Both are totally off the mark.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    My post was about the stereotypes of each coast. Of course, there are outliers. The whole discussion just exemplifies the problem with stereotypes, which is why I said that neither was better.

At the time when I wrote it, I was more concerned that Babbred not feel bad about writing her thoughts or the subsequent discussion
    Honey Bunny, I am proud to know you.

I see what you’re saying, Babbred, about the negative edit of JP in the last ep. I wonder, though, if that isn’t maybe his storyline to introduce doubt regarding he and Ashley since usually they’re some obstacles presented that the final few have to overcome in order to form a relationship with the Bach or Bach’ette, so maybe this will be his somewhat manufactured obstacle. I’m leaning toward that as a theory as I get a pretty solid, together, feeling from JP contrasted with, say, Jake who raised more potential control freak red flags for me than a Chinese military exercise.

It will be really interesting to see JP and Ashley interact with his family. And Ames! A bunch of my Yale friends and I are getting together to watch Ames with his family tonight. Most people I know in my Yale class, Ames’ class, and the class behind me - and two years behind Ames - will be watching. I’m even working on my Dad and Mom to watch since my Dad’s a Yalie while my Mom went to Penn .
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Honey Bunny, I am proud to know you.

I see what you’re saying, Babbred, about the negative edit of JP in the last ep. I wonder, though, if that isn’t maybe his storyline to introduce doubt regarding he and Ashley since usually they’re some obstacles presented that the final few have to overcome in order to form a relationship with the Bach or Bach’ette, so maybe this will be his somewhat manufactured obstacle. I’m leaning toward that as a theory as I get a pretty solid, together, feeling from JP contrasted with, say, Jake who raised more potential control freak red flags for me than a Chinese military exercise.

It will be really interesting to see JP and Ashley interact with his family. And Ames! A bunch of my Yale friends and I are getting together to watch Ames with his family tonight. Most people I know in my Yale class, Ames’ class, and the class behind me - and two years behind Ames - will be watching. I’m even working on my Dad and Mom to watch since my Dad’s a Yalie while my Mom went to Penn .
    WOW! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    No worries, Babbred. I think that most people understood your point JP does indeed (shoutout to Ames!) have a New Yorker vibe, which is the same as the East Coast vibe, which is more fast-paced, more frank, more high strung, and even for some sociologists, more educated. Contrast that with the West Coast vibe of someone like, say, Ben. He's the epitome of laid-back, earthy, outdoorsy West Coasters. Neither is better. It's just now who Ashley prefers I write this post having lived on both coasts
    Thank you! That's what I was trying to say. My father was in the Army so we moved all around the country. I've lived on both coasts, north and south, and everywhere in between. We lived in Washington State for a few years, and it really was "laid-back, earthy, outdoorsy." It was a total contrast to New Jersey, where we spent several months. I was just trying to compare Ben vs. JP and say that I preferred Ben. I must say, though, that it might be kind of cool to live in New York City. We got to visit there and I really liked the sense of excitement there. (Suddenly, I have an urge to sing Sinatra...)

If Ames can't be the next Bachelor, then I wouldn't mind Ben. He could supply the wine for all his dates.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Thank you! That's what I was trying to say. My father was in the Army so we moved all around the country. I've lived on both coasts, north and south, and everywhere in between. We lived in Washington State for a few years, and it really was "laid-back, earthy, outdoorsy." It was a total contrast to New Jersey, where we spent several months. I was just trying to compare Ben vs. JP and say that I preferred Ben. I must say, though, that it might be kind of cool to live in New York City. We got to visit there and I really liked the sense of excitement there. (Suddenly, I have an urge to sing Sinatra...)

If Ames can't be the next Bachelor, then I wouldn't mind Ben. He could supply the wine for all his dates.
    Ben is a sweetie that comes with his own wine selection. I think that has to be factored in! Andrew Firestone also has kind of a laid back personality -- somewhat similar to Ben. And, any time you're near Manhattan, Babbred, look me up. We can potentially double date (if your husband and my bf wouldn't mind ) JP and Ames (if available) .

Quote Originally Posted by AKA083 View Post
    WOW! Nice!
    Sorry, I was tired when I wrote that and just realized that it somewhat suggests that we're all watching together which we're not (if that was the nice thing).
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Oh yes Ben would have great wine date! I like that Babbred.LOL

Closed Thread