Closed Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Thread: Episode 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    really - even over Roberto, Chris, Kirk and even Frank?? Deanna had a stellar F4 with the exception of her F1.

JP does nothing for me, I don't see the attraction to him at all - he reminds me of 'that guy' who always knows the right thing to say and has the cheesiest of pick up lines. He's that guy at the bar who puts his elbow on the bar while he's scanning the joint for his next conquest.
    I'm with you Anders...he does nothing for me either. Personally....I like guys with hair...I'm not into the shaved head thing. The two guys that stood out to me from the very beginning were Constantine and Ben F (?)...not necessarily because of their looks or personalities, but the fact that they had longer hair. I just love a man with lots of hair (on their head, of course!). And I like guys with dark hair and dark eyes...

But...to each their own I guess and if JP is your type...then that leaves the dark haired ones for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think the people on the dates make them boring.The scenery is beautiful, the actors are not.
    I agree....I like watching more for the scenery than the people on the dates. I love getting to see other countries and since I can't afford to take a plane there, I can watch shows like this or the Amazing Race and I get to see how other cultures live along with their surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Anders we usually agree! And to make matters worse the only guy I liked on Ali's season was Frank I love me some JP - maybe because I'm a New Yorker??? I think he is awfully handsome and I just love his eyes and smile.
    He does have a cute smile and I like how his eyes do that squinty thing when he smiles...my ex-Nicaraguan boyfriend had that kind of smile too...only he had long dark hair and dark brown eyes...oh...and a mustache....que rico!!

Oh...and by the way...I'm a Native NY'er too!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-15-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Re: 7/11 Show Thread: Episode 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I'm with you Anders...he does nothing for me either. Personally....I like guys with hair...I'm not into the shaved head thing. The two guys that stood out to me from the very beginning were Constantine and Ben F (?)...not necessarily because of their looks or personalities, but the fact that they had longer hair. I just love a man with lots of hair (on their head, of course!). And I like guys with dark hair and dark eyes...

But...to each their own I guess and if JP is your type...then that leaves the dark haired ones for me!
    Agreed. As a Southerner, I just never warmed to JP and his whole New Yawker thing. Hope this doesn't start the civil war over again!

I feel so badly for saying this, but yeah, I prefer guys with hair, too. Although I must say I totally agreed with People Magazine when they voted Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart for non-Trekkies ) their sexiest man. I'd be happy to go into warp drive with him! With JP it's just the combination of no hair and his accent and the whole New Yorker vibe that doesn't appeal to me.

You also said:

I agree....I like watching more for the scenery than the people on the dates. I love getting to see other countries and since I can't afford to take a plane there, I can watch shows like this or the Amazing Race and I get to see how other cultures live along with their surroundings.
    Same here!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Well, as a lady about as Southern as you can get, I think JP is a doll! Would he be the guy I would pick for me? No, and though most of them are too cute, I'm not sure any of these guys are my type. (Maybe I've just been married too long?!)
    For one thing, though, I think with the men there's the chocolate and vanilla analogy going on. Some people like vanilla ice cream, some - like me - like chocolate. That doesn't mean one or the other is "bad." Some like guys with long hair. Some like blondes, and so on. It's all a matter of taste and chemistry.
    I like seeing whom I feel seems most compatable with the lead in the show. And in this case, I like Ashley with both Ben and JP with JP in the lead because I see more passion.
    kateb and Midol like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    With JP it's just the combination of no hair and his accent and the whole New Yorker vibe that doesn't appeal to me.
    Hey, I resemble that remark! Them's fighting words.... Born in Brooklyn, NY and proud of it and still living just outside NYC. Nowhere like the Big Apple: great place and great people. And what is a "whole New Yorker vibe" anyway?
    Columbia, MD likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark! Them's fighting words.... Born in Brooklyn, NY and proud of it and still living just outside NYC. Nowhere like the Big Apple: great place and great people. And what is a "whole New Yorker vibe" anyway?
    Absolutely right on Eastcoastmom. I am also a native New Yorker, raised in Queens. I'd also like to know what the "whole New Yorker vibe" is too. If someone had not told you JP was raised and lives in New York, you'd never know it.

Jealousy on the part of non New Yorkers???!!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

That's funny...I am a native NY'er (actually grew up on Long Island till I was 19) and when I heard JP talk for the first time, I didn't think he had much of an accent at all. I know y'all are thinking (you guessed it, I lived in the south for many years too, FL & NC) that I probably don't think he has much of an accent BECAUSE I myself am a native Ny'er...but that's not so. I still think both of my sisters have a very heavy accent when they speak as do my brother-in-laws too...when I hear them I can hardly believe that I used to sound that way too! I lost some of it, however, everywhere I go, people ALWAYS know I am from NY. Once a NY'er...always a NY'er (and darn proud of it too!).

Still...JP (to me) hardly has an accent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    That's funny...I am a native NY'er (actually grew up on Long Island till I was 19) and when I heard JP talk for the first time, I didn't think he had much of an accent at all. I know y'all are thinking (you guessed it, I lived in the south for many years too, FL & NC) that I probably don't think he has much of an accent BECAUSE I myself am a native Ny'er...but that's not so. I still think both of my sisters have a very heavy accent when they speak as do my brother-in-laws too...when I hear them I can hardly believe that I used to sound that way too! I lost some of it, however, everywhere I go, people ALWAYS know I am from NY. Once a NY'er...always a NY'er (and darn proud of it too!).

Still...JP (to me) hardly has an accent at all.

Everywhere I go - people know where I'm from when I ask for a cup of cawfee

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Absolutely right on Eastcoastmom. I am also a native New Yorker, raised in Queens. I'd also like to know what the "whole New Yorker vibe" is too. If someone had not told you JP was raised and lives in New York, you'd never know it.
    Reporting in from Brooklyn, here. I think I know what the New Yorker vibe is and I'm damn proud of it! I agree with JP's non accent....his mom (from the preview) has a much heavier accent.

To the Point

I'm southern to the bone and I wouldn't slam the door in JP's face. Now, my husband might! He's a bit funny about that.
    jucamer likes this.

Closed Thread