Closed Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: 7/11 Show Thread: Episode 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 7/11 Show Thread: Episode 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

In my humble opinion, if you're going to tweet that F1 will be obvious, then that needs to mean that someone will be standing behind him with a big sign that says "She chooses this guy!" because, based on tonight, I saw quite a few "clues" that could make for some strong cases for both Ben & JP being F1. Ashley made the statement that she felt like Ben was her boyfriend and Ben spent the night (shades of Brad & Chantal). JP was uber jealous during the photo shoot and confronted Ashley/showed his vulnerability a la Chantal as well.

I'm so glad the Bentley situation is over and done with b/c I feel like we got to know two of the guys really well tonight. Ben is really sweet and I liked his conversations with Ashley. Though JP was jealous, I thought that showed he really does care. I can't blame him for not wanting to talk or walking away - I do the same thing too when I'm upset. Ames...I really do love listening to him - so why didn't we get to see his time with her tonight?? Boo! I'm glad he'll have time with her next week...though I really do get just a "really good friend" vibe from them.

I'm so glad Ryan's gone - he reminds me so much of Jake the Fake that I really, really, really hope he won't be the next Bachelor. We'll all end up intensely disliking him, I think.

Really wish you'd had a person with a sign signifying F1, Fleiss!!

p.s. I know I'm in the minority but I am really sad for Brad & Emily. She looked genuinely upset to me and I hope, starting tomorrow, that she'll get the privacy that she's hoping for. It must stink, not being able to trust your "friends".
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have to laugh; I'm clearly in the minority here with tonight's show. Mostly because I didn't buy Ryan's spiel at all but did buy Emily's - a little bit. Ryan has seemed fake to me, and the fact that he doesn't get along with the others that well is a bad sign. They seem like decent kind of guys and it seemed like they were all being polite when we'd see them together - but they still would say to the camera that they don't like him. Maybe he was fake acting to them too, who knows. I just don't care for him - though he is nice looking. He just seems phony. Like Jake did - and both seem like ABC's golden boys, getting good edits and I think Ryan's getting set up for next season as well. ugh.

Ames would be a hilarious Bachelor - definitely interesting and worth watching. I can't wait to see his hometown visit next week. He is an odd one - did you see his clothes tonight? Oh my gosh, get him on the show just to get him a stylist!!

JP's attitude bugged me a little tonight. The way he shut down in the suite and wouldn't talk to anyone was bothersome. I get that he really likes her, and is invested in her - that's nice, she means a lot to him. I thought Lucas' point about him getting the tux was right on target though - if he'd had to wear the "dress" Lucas said he would've had a fit. Wow.

I really like Constantine now and can't wait to see how it goes next week at the family restaurant - maybe he could be the next Bachelor if Ashley doesn't pick him. That would be fun! He seems so sweet and genuine. And if I couldn't tell him apart from Ben, well, that's not the worst thing either - Ben is adorable too and so laid back. I liked how open about his feelings he was tonight - what great guys she has left to choose from. Lucky girl.

And then the Emily show. Didn't CH's hair look goofy during that segment? I think Emily is very pretty and she seemed sincere to me. Her voice doesn't bother me either - she sounds "sweet." But, that interview was a lot of ... nothing. You know, nothing, you know. Not much substance to it, and they could've shortened it up a bit, but it didn't bother me to see her on to address the break up. I really wonder about her being the next Bachelorette - I'm not convinced it will be her.
    JLuvs, Pippa47 and Fanny Mare like this.

I don't like Ashley at all.... and I think I'll just stop watching this show. Watching her being shallow and mean is so not interesting to me at all. I feel sorry for every single one of these guys and I don't want to see any hometown dates and the lies she'll lay out to their families. I think Antiques Roadshow is on.... maybe I'll watch that instead.

No more Ashley for me!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I can't see Emily being the Bachelorette since she was saying that the cameras were following her and Ricky around town and to the grocery store etc. If she is the next bachelorette then how is she going to explain it to us?
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

Just watching now on the WC.
    Poor Ryan. I'm really feeling for him.
    I happen to really like his positive manner.
    However, I do understand how she felt. When you don't feel the chemistry, there's nothing you can do.
    This is such a sad exit, but I do think he'll find someone just right for him.
    kateb and Midol like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Looking at Brad's track record with women... all the counseling, everything just to get away from the fact that he is in the closet. It's clear Emily was going to do her part. Brad just can't do it though. I believe he is gay and afraid to admit it.

Some people seem to get confused by "jealousy"...they think it's a sign of depth of affection, when in reality, it's more likely a sign of possessiveness. It's a red flag that our 'heroine' will probably miss. (To be alive and completely unaware of environmental issues is inexcusable. She's 'dumb as a post', despite her 'education'.) Ashley will probably read JP's jealousy as cute, instead of her radar going off to see the underlying anger issues it represents. In a way, I hope he doesn't choose Ames or Ben, they're too good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia View Post
    Some people seem to get confused by "jealousy"...they think it's a sign of depth of affection, when in reality, it's more likely a sign of possessiveness. It's a red flag that our 'heroine' will probably miss. (To be alive and completely unaware of environmental issues is inexcusable. She's 'dumb as a post', despite her 'education'.) Ashley will probably read JP's jealousy as cute, instead of her radar going off to see the underlying anger issues it represents. In a way, I hope he doesn't choose Ames or Ben, they're too good for her.
    JP handled the Bentley confession so well, it seemed, that this behavior tonight just really surprised me. He seemed pretty cool when he got back with her though, so maybe it was just a bad moment we caught. Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia View Post
    Some people seem to get confused by "jealousy"...they think it's a sign of depth of affection, when in reality, it's more likely a sign of possessiveness. Ashley will probably read JP's jealousy as cute, instead of her radar going off to see the underlying anger issues it represents.
    Point considered, but...
    Sometimes really good non-anger-issue people feel a tinge of jealousy when the person they long for spends a night away from home...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I felt so bad for Ryan. He looked so hurt when he said, "You don't want to meet my family??"
    His mom probably had texted him to say she'd just finished washing the good china and polishing the good silver.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread