Closed Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I won't go that far. I'll give Emily the benefit of the doubt (although I always did wonder why somebody with those kinds of connections would need a reality show to find love). However, I just did not warm to her. I just did not see the romance between her and Brad. For Pete's sake, that hometown date was worse than awkward, it was embarrassing. And then, just because he kissed her afterwards, they were all lovey-dovey? When there'd been no chemistry between them before then? I just didn't buy it. If Brad had any feelings towards her, I thought it was because of some maternal fixation.
    The highlighted is why the whole thing seemed fake to me as well.

Well into the show, when the rumours/spoilers were starting to switch to Emily, I had a few, poor unsuspecting, non Bachelor friends act as my own private focus group (including several males). Now obviously, I was way beyond spoiled and knew how well this show is manipulated/edited, but I wanted the opinion of those upspoiled people to see if what I thought I was seeing was because of my own bias or if other...sane...people thought the same.

They all agreed, going so far to say that they had absolutely no chemistry...together...althoug h pretty much everyone agreed that Brad was coockoo for Emily but she just seemed totally bored. They also agreed (with each other and me...although I didn't tell them that), that these two people had nothing to talk about and any physical contact between them was the most awkward thing any of them had seen. One kind gentlemen went so far as to ask me if they (the producers), were forcing Emily to kiss Brad as she obviously had no interest. I just said I didn't know but he innocently came out with "is she trying to get her own show?"

Out of the mouth of babes!
    Babbred likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Not to mention they were just about on target with the 3 month contractual obligation....rumors have been around for awhile...

Emily was never really available. I hope they will give some consideration to casting people who are actually available should they find love on the show. She was simply not able to move, has too many ties that bind and well as I said "not available". I also hope they won't cast as leads in the future people with children, sorry this is just not the venue for that and I will not be persuaded on this matter. It's awful to watch as children are dragged into this even if it does somehow work out, not worth the risk. IMO
    Last edited by Tobi; 07-10-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Ellen and Midol like this.

FORT Newbie

I agree Tobi. Unavailable is a perfect word. I don't know why TPTB are Emily crazy. Fleiss & Chris H. have tweeted about what a wonderful person she is and ABC has a link to a top story, "Emily Maynard: The Next Bachelorette?" Why would they back (so fiercely) someone who has bucked their usual obligations. She refused to do any press after the show, very little (I saw none, but am willing to give the benefit of the doubt) charity functions and when the franchise asked her to do a weekly vblog she agreed (I assume), but has never submitted it on time. So, I don't understand the effort to try & push Emily on everyone. I'm not saying she's not a wonderful person, but she seems to want the "prize" but doesn't want to give the effort or interest it takes to get it. JMO
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny196 View Post
    I agree Tobi. Unavailable is a perfect word. I don't know why TPTB are Emily crazy. Fleiss & Chris H. have tweeted about what a wonderful person she is and ABC has a link to a top story, "Emily Maynard: The Next Bachelorette?" Why would they back (so fiercely) someone who has bucked their usual obligations. She refused to do any press after the show, very little (I saw none, but am willing to give the benefit of the doubt) charity functions and when the franchise asked her to do a weekly vblog she agreed (I assume), but has never submitted it on time. So, I don't understand the effort to try & push Emily on everyone. I'm not saying she's not a wonderful person, but she seems to want the "prize" but doesn't want to give the effort or interest it takes to get it. JMO
    She may be a "wonderful person" and "great mother," but she's a lousy TV personality for this particular genre. Ditch her, please.
    (...along with any other "unavailable" single parents -- even if just for the kids' sakes. Please.)
    BTW likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Emily was/is looking for a whole lot more out of life than marriage to an ordinary guy who co-owns a few bars. She had tried to get a TV career going before appearing on the Bachelor, but met with limited success. She's a gorgeous woman who knows how to use her assets to her best advantage, and marriage to an older guy who wants a young woman to crank out some kids for him and live happily ever after in a condo or behind a white picket fence is not her cup of tea, especially while she's so young and has higher aspirations. She's pretty much been spoiled her whole life by having money handed to her and living with fame (by virtue of her connection with the Hendricks), that she is not going to settle for anything mundane or ordinary. I'm pretty sure she has her sights set on more exciting and lucrative endeavors.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

Ugggh, I'm completely disinterested in watching more footage of Brad. He's never seemed authentic, and I thought the producers' decision to give him a re-do season was bad enough. Nobody wanted to watch him even then. But now, yet another chronicle of yet another Bachelor failure being interjected into this season's script...? ughh.

I think this show is pretty staged overall.
    However, it did appear that Brad was totally smitten with Emily when he met her. He acted like a kid in middle school having his first crush.
    Emily, on the other hand, had absolutely no feelings toward him. There was no chemistry and Emily seemed like she was taking advantage of the situation for her 15 minutes.
    I have no problem with that, as most of these people seem to go on the show for similar reasons.
    I just felt that Emily was the dullest, most vapid woman I'd ever seen on a reality show. I do think she's extremely pretty - when she doesn't wear a ton of makeup or have that fake blond hair. I just think she's a woman who learned, at a very early age, to use said looks to get what she wants. I just pray she's not the next 'bette. Please, Mr. Fleiss.......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

I thought Emily was cute, but never beautiful. This is probably a flaw in myself, but I always have trouble believing someone is emotionally genuine when they are ingenuine physically. To me she always looked "fake." Caked-on make-up, colored-out hair, over-tanned, and even her teeth seem like their capped or something because she's constantly trying to move her mouth over them in an uncomfortable way. I always think if I were male I would want the less make-up, no fake boobs, nails, teeth, no tanning... Probably just me though.
    Midol likes this.

Emily looked quite different after the show. In fact, most of us commented on, "Who is this person?" That having been said, I don't want to watch her again on my tv screen, even if she looks more like herself than the vapid woman she or the producers portrayed in Brad's season. Just don't want her and I'm from Charlotte! LOL!!

Hope tonights show will be more interesting than they have been and that we don't hear the name Bentley once.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    .....Hope tonights show will be more interesting than they have been and that we don't hear the name Bentley once.
    According to a preview I saw on ABC last night, however brief, she does mention him.

Closed Thread