Closed Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

With Emily coming on next Monday, it makes we wonder if Brad had chosen someone else, would they have broken up by now? He obviously felt the strongest about Emily, but she came with the complication of a daughter and an establised life in another state. Soooo, if he'd chosen someone who was able to move to Texas right off the bat, (Chantal?) would they have a better chance of succeeding? It seems to me the couples that most are likely to make it - or at least have a chance at a real relationship, get together soon and have a "real life" together. That gives them time to work out issues that could festerif you're together less.

Ashley and Ben are on separate coasts and would be apart at least until she finishes clinicals or whatever she needs to complete her schooling. JP is in NY which is considerably closer so they could get together more frequently. I know the heart wants what the heart wants, but speaking practically, I hope Ashley ends up with someone with whom she has a reasonable chance of the relationship making it.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    ..............Ashley and Ben are on separate coasts and would be apart at least until she finishes clinicals or whatever she needs to complete her schooling. JP is in NY which is considerably closer so they could get together more frequently. I know the heart wants what the heart wants, but speaking practically, I hope Ashley ends up with someone with whom she has a reasonable chance of the relationship making it.
    I posted this exact thought on another board and may have posted it here. Both families are on the East Coast, hers in Maine, his in New York. It may be an influencing factor.....but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    And sometime during that show, we will be treated to the scintillating story of the breakup of Brad and Emily. <<yawn ... didn't see that coming>>
    Hmmm, let's see. She lives on the east coast with her wealthy former in-laws providing financial support for her daughter. He lives half-way across the country and runs his own business. Nope, can't see why she broke up with him. I remember thinking this from the moment he picked her. "Ain't gonna happen. No way she's moving away from the Hendricks and all their money--and no way they're letting Emily drag Ricky's daughter away to live with some stranger that Emily barely knows."

I hate being right about these things.

Personally, since he came from a dysfunctional family, I always suspected that Brad loved Emily more for her maternal qualities. It's too bad Chantal has moved on to another guy. Brad really had great chemistry with her and her family. Now he's really stuck.
    dzigner and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    With Emily coming on next Monday, it makes we wonder if Brad had chosen someone else, would they have broken up by now? He obviously felt the strongest about Emily, but she came with the complication of a daughter and an establised life in another state. Soooo, if he'd chosen someone who was able to move to Texas right off the bat, (Chantal?) would they have a better chance of succeeding? It seems to me the couples that most are likely to make it - or at least have a chance at a real relationship, get together soon and have a "real life" together. That gives them time to work out issues that could festerif you're together less.
    I agree with you, nana. I just want it to work out!

Unless Ashley does something totally unforgivable, like dump JP and Ben to go find Bentley again, I'll keep rooting for her until the end. She's only a few years younger than me, and I want her to find someone who accepts and appreciates her as much as she will him. Having spent most of her 20s in a rather intensive training program, she's been so focused on goals that relationships probably took a backseat for a myriad of reasons. Just because someone didn't have a Cosby or Seaver family doesn't mean that they are any less deserving of a very stable and loving relationship. I'd really love for her to get a happy ending, one that lasts. Right now, I only see that happening with two guys: JP and Ben.

As for Brad and Emily, I read that it will be "honest, raw, and heartbreaking." Sad, but I'm happy for both of them if their rollercoaster can end now.

FORT Newbie

I just get frustrated when ABC places these little "updates" during the show's normal timeslot, which means they must cut out footage we would have otherwise seen of Ashley & the guys. It was torture last season watching the entire Jake & Vienna nightmare when we could have seen more of Ali & her guys. Chris H. mentioned that they will be providing little updates from the Bachelor family and that's why they are giving Emily the air time, but Ali & Roberto's update was placed on the Bachelor website rather than during the show. So what gives?
    Cornholio and Columbia, MD like this.

FORT Newbie

Agree completely! I didn't initially like Ashley as the choice to lead this show, but I have grown to like her. Yes, some of her decisions have been annoying, but how do I know that I or anyone else would have done things differently? It's a "journey," mistakes and all.

Sorry. This was supposed to be in reply to another post.
    Last edited by sunny196; 07-09-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section

Brad and his brother(s) run college, hot bars. How could Emily compete??

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Good morning!! There was no new episode on July 4, with the presumption that most people would be celebrating the holiday in the US. The 7th episode will be Monday, July 11 at 8 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
    Thanks a lot sweetie As a non American I forget those kind of things

Quote Originally Posted by sunny196 View Post
    I just get frustrated when ABC places these little "updates" during the show's normal timeslot, which means they must cut out footage we would have otherwise seen of Ashley & the guys. It was torture last season watching the entire Jake & Vienna nightmare when we could have seen more of Ali & her guys. Chris H. mentioned that they will be providing little updates from the Bachelor family and that's why they are giving Emily the air time, but Ali & Roberto's update was placed on the Bachelor website rather than during the show. So what gives?

What gives is that ABC and the producers of this dumb show (which I hate myself for watching), are trying to stuff Emily and her ongoing, tragic life down our throats so that they can say that due to huge public demand Emily will be next seasons Bette.

I don't care how much they edit and sugar coat the Emily and Brad fake "love story", but in my opinion that woman was never into that poor, pathetic, love struck lug and this show was just a stepping stone for bigger and better things for her...Not that there is anything bad about that since most people come on this "journey" for the "wrong reasons", but I just hate how manufatured this has all become. SORRY. End of rant.
    BTW, nennie, Columbia, MD and 2 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    What gives is that ABC and the producers of this dumb show (which I hate myself for watching), are trying to stuff Emily and her ongoing, tragic life down our throats so that they can say that due to huge public demand Emily will be next seasons Bette.
    They'd better not or I won't watch.

I don't care how much they edit and sugar coat the Emily and Brad fake "love story", but in my opinion that woman was never into that poor, pathetic, love struck lug and this show was just a stepping stone for bigger and better things for her...Not that there is anything bad about that since most people come on this "journey" for the "wrong reasons", but I just hate how manufatured this has all become. SORRY. End of rant.
    I won't go that far. I'll give Emily the benefit of the doubt (although I always did wonder why somebody with those kinds of connections would need a reality show to find love). However, I just did not warm to her. I just did not see the romance between her and Brad. For Pete's sake, that hometown date was worse than awkward, it was embarrassing. And then, just because he kissed her afterwards, they were all lovey-dovey? When there'd been no chemistry between them before then? I just didn't buy it. If Brad had any feelings towards her, I thought it was because of some maternal fixation.

And speaking of connections, I don't like seeing somebody with access to wealth as the lead on this show. While Brad's season was running, I read in a blog that before she went on this show Emily had dated some sports star. For all her faults, I would far rather see an ordinary woman like Ashley be the lead.
    Columbia, MD likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Closed Thread