Closed Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

I don't understand why everyone is so down on Chris H. He's a paid employee of the show. It's his bread and butter. How he supports his family and pays his bills. If Fleiss says you can't tell her or you can't show her footage..etc...etc...then he won't. I'm sure there are specific stipulations in his contract. He also can't be 100% of his feelings in his blog, either. he has to kiss Fleiss's ass to a point. Show business is fickle and Chris has kids. He can't afford to get fired for breaking the rules. He might not find another job. Plus, you can tell by the way he looks at Ashley that he's dying to tell her the straight up truth. Fleiss is the one who should get a swift kick to the fuzzy dice.
    JunkieGirl and heartsaflutter like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    When they travel to exotic locations, the men/women are not allowed to leave their houses except on dates. Therefore, the men who stayed couldn't have done it for a vacation. Maybe they actually still like Ashley, although I don't see why. I would have gotten up and left just like Mickey.

I think it's interesting what somebody said. JP shrugged off the Bentley news because he's had two dates and feels confident. The men who protested, though, were all ones who haven't had much time with Ashley, so there have been something deeper than just dislike of Bentley.
    It could have been that but I also suspect it was how Ashley presented the Bentley situation to him. She told him she was nervous to tell him b/c she wasn't sure how he'd react but she wanted him to know b/c she didn't want him to look back and wonder why she didn't tell him and that she wanted to be completely honest with him. If she'd put as much thought into telling the other guys as she did to tell JP then maybe she wouldn't have tripped up what she was saying. Also, I can see where CH called her cocky. B/c JP took it so well, she assumed the other guys would take it that way too and maybe it was that cockiness that led her to mispeak.

Also, someone mentioned JP's being Jewish. IF this is something that'd be a problem, then they'll address it during the HTD. That being said, I don't think there'll be an issue. Lots of people have interfaith relationships nowadays without problems.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so down on Chris H. He's a paid employee of the show. It's his bread and butter. How he supports his family and pays his bills. If Fleiss says you can't tell her or you can't show her footage..etc...etc...then he won't. I'm sure there are specific stipulations in his contract. He also can't be 100% of his feelings in his blog, either. he has to kiss Fleiss's ass to a point. Show business is fickle and Chris has kids. He can't afford to get fired for breaking the rules. He might not find another job. Plus, you can tell by the way he looks at Ashley that he's dying to tell her the straight up truth. Fleiss is the one who should get a swift kick to the fuzzy dice.
    While I agree with what you said, I think CH is slimy.I have never liked him, I dont know what it is about him. I would prefer someone else, he's been on the show too long. jmho
    ButterflyFaery likes this.

I wasn't thrilled with how Lucas handled Ashley's confession about Bentley. He was a bit too he-man/agro "I'm a MAN. How dare she do this to me?" Not exactly the sweet Southern boy persona we've seen before.

Everyone perceives things differently, I guess. I've always liked Chris Harrison - even before he did the Bach - and have never thought he was even remotely "slimy." Perhaps the slime is reflected onto him from Fleiss.....
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Jenn S. hated everyone? Can someone fill me in? I didn't watch her season......
    BTW, if too off topic, please delete post, and accept my apology.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I am down on Chris H because he has spent this season throwing Ashley under the bus in his blogs and interviews. Sure he has to do what the evil Fleiss says, but he seems to enjoy making Ashley look bad. And no I am not an Ashley fan, her stupidity in with Brad was annoying up until her being over him in South Africa. But if he kissed Deanna's annoying butt can't he just leave Ashley alone? Calling her arrogant and cocky and that her B love almost killed their season, to me that is just mean. He is paid to do this job yes, but at this point he seems to enjoy the take down of the bachelorette, whereas he used to seem to kind of like them or at least tolerate them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    It could have been that but I also suspect it was how Ashley presented the Bentley situation to him. She told him she was nervous to tell him b/c she wasn't sure how he'd react but she wanted him to know b/c she didn't want him to look back and wonder why she didn't tell him and that she wanted to be completely honest with him. If she'd put as much thought into telling the other guys as she did to tell JP then maybe she wouldn't have tripped up what she was saying. Also, I can see where CH called her cocky. B/c JP took it so well, she assumed the other guys would take it that way too and maybe it was that cockiness that led her to mispeak.

Also, someone mentioned JP's being Jewish. IF this is something that'd be a problem, then they'll address it during the HTD. That being said, I don't think there'll be an issue. Lots of people have interfaith relationships nowadays without problems.
    Jason is Jewish, and Molly is not, and that seems to be working out fine so far.

Someone mentioned a few posts back (I don't know how to quote more than one post) that the men who were most PO'd at Ashley over the Bentley thing seemed to be those who hadn't gotten much time with her. I can't remember which one it was, but one of the men did say he was irritated because while he was hoping and waiting for some one-on-one time with her, she was with Boomerang Bentley. I couldn't believe that even after she said it was over and she had learned her lesson about guys like him, she STILL kept mentioning his name. PLEASE, I'm begging ABC, let this be the last we have to hear Bentley Bentley Bentley! I see his smirky face every time she says it. Now I wonder who ELSE comes back (from the previews). Think I am gonna have to break down and visit a spoiler site.
    kateb likes this.

I didn't know him before this( thankfully) I think he's way way too smug.I wouldn't trust him, I believe Roslyn when she said he was flirting with another mans wife( or whatever it was he was doing. ) .
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-28-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    If Bentley had copyrighted his name, he would still be reaping royalties from how many times after the supposed kiss off, his name continued to be the subject in Ashley's sentences.
    I don't know if I would term her attitude "cocky" as Chris H did when she made her confession to the men, she really thouI just think that ght that since JP accepted her confession with no problem, the other men would follow suit. She, unfortunately, expanded her explanation to include wording that ticked off many of the guys. She really does need a governor on her mouth sometimes.
    It might have helped if the contests for these group dates did include rewards for actually winning these contrived events. I would think that at least some of the guys who never had alone time would have accepted her later explanation more graciously if they actually had SOME time with her.

I'm not sure about the upcoming film clips at the end. It does appear that she is pulling a Mesnick which we all know how that initially turned out. I really hope not. It's bad enough that Ashley has been thrown under the rickshaw by Fleiss so many times this season that she should have tire marks up and down her back, but to make the season even more soapish is making "Love in the Wild" look really good right now.
    I'm wondering if the producers didn't nudge this along..."Look how well that went when you told JP Ashley. See you didn't have anything to worry about. If you told the others they will understand and appreciate your honesty."

This whole season is just too boring and contrived. I can't get into the fake drama...maybe she just fell for one and then they had to fill the season...She ticked them off and they edited her to seem like an idiot. I hope for her (and her possible
    F1), that she is laughing all the way to the bank.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
    She's probably and justifiably so disgusted with the way the show has portrayed her and is very defensive. I didn't see the Kimmel interview, so cannot comment on that. It sounds like she's moved on with another relationship, and thus, gotten 'closure', though not with how she feels about the way in which she has been characterized thus far.
    JK asked her if she was upset with not being tipped off, and she said something like, not at first but more recently, yes she was. Kimmel told her she should pick JP and that he hoped he was with her at her apt (or where ever she was Skyping from). She had a big old smile, which JK said we'd all be analyzing for hints, so she made a silly (innocent?) face. And then at the end when signing off, it sounds like she says "Bye JP, bye everyone!" I watched it again, thinking maybe she said "Jimmy" but I keep seeing JP!!

Closed Thread