Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

I missed most of the show last night due to tornadic storms in the area and the weather guys taking over, but I like Ryan a lot from what I've seen of him. Maybe the people who see him when he's not happy are the ones he's closest to. I am not familiar enough with him to make a good judgement, but he appears to me to be somebody who has a positive outlook and wants to present a pleasant environment. Even sourpuss Blake acknowledged that Ryan's personality was really good for recruiting people for the boat race. Give me a happy, positive person any day over a guy like Blake who says "We don't like you." If Ryan had done or said something cruel or heartless, that's one thing. To not like somebody because they smile too much? That's a personal problem. Blake doesn't have to like Ryan, and neither do the other guys. But it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with Ryan.

For anyone else who missed last night for whatever reason, it appears that next Monday, since it's a holiday, will be a repeat of last night's show. The rumor I heard was that, in order to still finish when they originally planned, the MTA will air the night before the finale instead of being sandwiched a week between the fantasy dates and the finale.

Ageed. That's why I got ticked after Jason's season and quit watching for the next three. Molly wasn't my favorite, but if I'd seen the story building for them and it ended happily - without the drama in between - I would've enjoyed it more.

It's discussed every season why MF and tptb can't just show us a love story evolving instead of throwing out a bunch of red herrings and creating drama where it needn't be.

Right now I'm seeing a love story building between Ashley and JP. Wouldn't it be refreshing if they ended up together and we saw it happening?
    kateb, awillistx and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    All that Bentley drama and that's it? I have feeling there was lot we didnt see.I don't blame the men that spoke up one bit( I would be more appalled if they hadn't) Blake, hmm didn't care for him . Does someone else come back? who is that Mickey..they come they go, sheesh, if she cant carry this show, and she cries all the time. I doubt people would vote for her on dancing with the stars..there is a rumor the only reason she said yes to THIS show was to do DWTS! maybe its not true.and why do we have to keep flying all around the world..

I was bored..
    I was thinking the same thing.....from what they showed us of her meeting w/Bentley, there was hardly anything said (shown) that would have made her come to such a solid and confident conclusion that it was over with Bentley and that she had closure. It almost seemed like it was all an act and she really didn't have very strong feelings for him to begin with, unless, like I said, there was alot more said that we didn't see. I still wonder somewhat if she really is that over him, since she still talked about him all night long after she saw him. And...I was also wondering...if Bentley only flew there so Ashley could have "closure" with him...did he just get off the airplane, go directly to the hotel, speak w/Ashley and then board a plane for home again, or did they let him stay and do some sightseeing? Seems weird to fly someone all that way for a 1 hour (round about) conversation and then fly them back home again. Why would he even agree if he didn't get something out of this (ie...a mini vacation), unless they paid him some amazingly large amt of $$.

Also...on her date with JP...she commented about how good looking he is...which made me wonder if she is so attracted to JP because of his looks and if this is just another lust attraction (like it was with Bentley) on her part.

I personally don't think she is totally over Bentley yet...she still has to keep bringing up his name, as if he is still on her mind.

I really respect Mickey for leaving...that takes alot of integrity to know when to call it quits, especially under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.....from what they showed us of her meeting w/Bentley, there was hardly anything said (shown) that would have made her come to such a solid and confident conclusion that it was over with Bentley and that she had closure. It almost seemed like it was all an act and she really didn't have very strong feelings for him to begin with, unless, like I said, there was alot more said that we didn't see. I still wonder somewhat if she really is that over him, since she still talked about him all night long after she saw him. And...I was also wondering...if Bentley only flew there so Ashley could have "closure" with him...did he just get off the airplane, go directly to the hotel, speak w/Ashley and then board a plane for home again, or did they let him stay and do some sightseeing? Seems weird to fly someone all that way for a 1 hour (round about) conversation and then fly them back home again. Why would he even agree if he didn't get something out of this (ie...a mini vacation), unless they paid him some amazingly large amt of $$.

Also...on her date with JP...she commented about how good looking he is...which made me wonder if she is so attracted to JP because of his looks and if this is just another lust attraction (like it was with Bentley) on her part.

I personally don't think she is totally over Bentley yet...she still has to keep bringing up his name, as if he is still on her mind.

I really respect Mickey for leaving...that takes alot of integrity to know when to call it quits, especially under those circumstances.
    You're on to something with JP, I think. They do seem to get along, have chemistry, etc., but is it more than that? One thing that comes to mind is that he's Jewish - I wonder how that will play into it? Does she know enough about him, his life, etc. to fall for HIM or just who she wants him to be?

Ali always mentioned how hot Roberto is, so who knows - maybe it will work out and they have talked more about their lives than it appears.

Ashley Spivey said on Twitter that Mickey went home because of Ryan - all those things he said were about Ryan and if she liked him then he just wasn't interested. The show misled us to thinking it was about Bentley. I see in Chris' Blog today he refers to it but doesn't clarify that of course. She also mentioned somewhere that Ashley loves traveling and wants someone similar, that Brad didn't like it that she wanted to travel with her work. (traveling dentist?) So, I hope she's having these discussions with her final guys and doesn't just go off the physical attraction and initial lust.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    You're on to something with JP, I think. They do seem to get along, have chemistry, etc., but is it more than that? One thing that comes to mind is that he's Jewish - I wonder how that will play into it? Does she know enough about him, his life, etc. to fall for HIM or just who she wants him to be?

Ali always mentioned how hot Roberto is, so who knows - maybe it will work out and they have talked more about their lives than it appears.

Ashley Spivey said on Twitter that Mickey went home because of Ryan - all those things he said were about Ryan and if she liked him then he just wasn't interested. The show misled us to thinking it was about Bentley. I see in Chris' Blog today he refers to it but doesn't clarify that of course. She also mentioned somewhere that Ashley loves traveling and wants someone similar, that Brad didn't like it that she wanted to travel with her work. (traveling dentist?) So, I hope she's having these discussions with her final guys and doesn't just go off the physical attraction and initial lust.
    Ben talked about how much he loves to travel during his 1 on 1 date with Ashley.

When they travel to exotic locations, the men/women are not allowed to leave their houses except on dates. Therefore, the men who stayed couldn't have done it for a vacation. Maybe they actually still like Ashley, although I don't see why. I would have gotten up and left just like Mickey.

I think it's interesting what somebody said. JP shrugged off the Bentley news because he's had two dates and feels confident. The men who protested, though, were all ones who haven't had much time with Ashley, so there have been something deeper than just dislike of Bentley.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post

Maybe he got to keep the frequent flyer miles AND it did look he was in a nice sized suite with a view. I think the contestants are under contract to do whatever TPTB request of them regarding travel and the cost of his airfare and hotel accommodations are minimal compared to the advertising dollars they were able to take in by building up the drama of his return. Ironically, the advertising is usually lost on me as I am either DVRing through the ads or pausing them and then FF when the show comes back on. The only ad I remembered from last night was for a summer salad at Wendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Maybe he got to keep the frequent flyer miles AND it did look he was in a nice sized suite with a view. I think the contestants are under contract to do whatever TPTB request of them regarding travel and the cost of his airfare and hotel accommodations are minimal compared to the advertising dollars they were able to take in by building up the drama of his return. Ironically, the advertising is usually lost on me as I am either DVRing through the ads or pausing them and then FF when the show comes back on. The only ad I remembered from last night was for a summer salad at Wendy's.
    Yes, I record most of the time too, but I have noticed that Time Warner Cable is now limiting some of the recorded shows and you cannot fast forward on them until they are pretty old.

Oh, Wendy's Berry Salad with grilled chicken, strawberries and sliced almonds is GREAT! It's nothing like a fast food salad.

I am really NOT liking Ashley as the bachelorette. She seems to be confused, and way too stuck on Bentley still to move on, she constantly keeps mentioning his name. I think she is uncertain of what she wants. Also, the two guys that I really liked, Mickey and Blake, are now gone so I don't even know if I want to watch anymore. Those previews look so confusing though. Too much drama! But, I guess that's what they try to promote, as people, including me, love to see emotion and drama.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Now we're movin'. Finally!

Watching the Bentley drama, again, I couldn't help but feel like they were two actors forcing themselves through a horrible scene. Even the overuse of "dot, dot, dot" that was then changed to a "period." Gag. I hope that Bentley was well compensated for being dragged through the mud.

This episode contained tremendous foreshadowing about the rest of the season. Since we can't speculate, I'm not sure how much I can share my ideas. The new previews honestly had me itching to go to a spoiler site, but alas, I'll try to figure it out. They are making it seem like this season folds with no proposal. Such an ending would explain the unflattering portrait that they're painting of Ashley.

As for Ashley, I can't help but like and root for her. She's so incredibly human, and she's trying rather ardently to not only do the right thing but to please people. In this game, she really can't please everyone. I applaud her for telling the guys about Bentley though her choice of words probably made things less than optimal. What serves Ashley in her professional life--an analytical mind--is tripping her up in her personal life.

Regarding the rest of the season, I hope that it's all a gag on us. Given Ashley's sensitive, emotional nature, it would be really sad to watch her be the first person ever to be rejected at the FRC. This whole season makes me feel like Fleiss is trying to comment on professional women: that beneath the mammoth professional success lies an insecure, uncertain, emotional basketcase. Such a generalization is untrue, even in Ashley's case.
    I really think that Ashley liked Bentley at first, but also developed a strong connection with JP and very little with anyone else until Ben F. So, I think the producers kept bringing up Bentley, because you know they can't just show us a love story they need drama and she and JP while cute last night were NOT dramatic. They have done this with every bachelorette, Trista had Charlie, Meredith had Matt - though she fought against it, Jenn S does not count as she hated everyone, Deanna after Graham had both Jason and Jesse, Jillian had Reid, and Ali had Frank. They love drama and to not show us the direct love story, and I really believe they made the Bentley thing worse because at least it was something besides JP. Once she finally showed some interested in Ben F, they were willing to start letting Bentley go, but by then it went on so long that it had to be more dramatic then just stop asking about him. I could be wrong, but this is what I think happened. She seemed very clued into Bentley during the "talk" to fully have believed all the crap all the way along. And while they showed Chris H giving some clues, there very well could be footage of Chris H telling her that Ed did come back for Jillian that will forever lay on the cutting room floor. I will never trust Chris H again, he is fully a company man now and has no credibility with me.

Closed Thread