Closed Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

I haven't been posting much this season because it is just not that interesting to me, but here goes. I am not liking Ashley as the lead.

I think that TPTB brought Bentley back hoping for more footage then they actually got out of him. I bet that they expected more drama out of that whole debacle, and Bentley "played" them by not giving them the soundbites that they wanted. In other words, TPTB did not get their monies worth out of that trip!!

I thought that Ashley did not give Mickey any choice but to leave. She acted mad when he expressed his true feelings about the Bentley confession, which I didn't understand. Didn't she tell all of them to be "honest" with her? I think by that time she already knew that she was sending Mickey home and took the easy way out. It was also more dramatic that way.

Last night it also appeared obvious to me who her F1 is. It makes me wonder if he isn't attracted to women who need to be taken care of - those in need of "fixing". If so, he has his work cut out for him. Ashley is no where near ready for marriage.

Ashley's Blog is up in her thread. I find it interesting that she didn't watch most of the show - she wrote that in the blog and said as much in a Jimmy Kimmel interview last night. Take a read and see what you think. Did she get closure?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Now we're movin'. Finally!

Watching the Bentley drama, again, I couldn't help but feel like they were two actors forcing themselves through a horrible scene. Even the overuse of "dot, dot, dot" that was then changed to a "period." Gag. I hope that Bentley was well compensated for being dragged through the mud.

This episode contained tremendous foreshadowing about the rest of the season. Since we can't speculate, I'm not sure how much I can share my ideas. The new previews honestly had me itching to go to a spoiler site, but alas, I'll try to figure it out. They are making it seem like this season folds with no proposal. Such an ending would explain the unflattering portrait that they're painting of Ashley.

As for Ashley, I can't help but like and root for her. She's so incredibly human, and she's trying rather ardently to not only do the right thing but to please people. In this game, she really can't please everyone. I applaud her for telling the guys about Bentley though her choice of words probably made things less than optimal. What serves Ashley in her professional life--an analytical mind--is tripping her up in her personal life.

Regarding the rest of the season, I hope that it's all a gag on us. Given Ashley's sensitive, emotional nature, it would be really sad to watch her be the first person ever to be rejected at the FRC. This whole season makes me feel like Fleiss is trying to comment on professional women: that beneath the mammoth professional success lies an insecure, uncertain, emotional basketcase. Such a generalization is untrue, even in Ashley's case.

ITA with you here on your major points made here

Ashley is showing emotion and though it comes off as ridiculous and annoying at times, she is no more annoying in my opinion, than Ali was when she was on-screen. Ashley did show less sensitivity in her delivery of the Bentley reality to the group of guys (showed more of a sensitivity in her reveal to JP on the one-on-one which, in turn, reveals a lot about how she feels about JP).

Fleiss obviously cannot deal with intelligent and successful women and as master controller here is showing that very clearly in Ashley's edit. His handling of her with respect to the roast and the way the guys dealt with her from the get-go also show his preference of a more 'Emily' type of reserved, 'sweet' and relatively unintelligent and classically 'beautiful' woman. He is probably annoyed with Brad for robbing him of the chance to work with Emily as Bachelorette this season. I guess she's available for the next go-around, though

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Ashley's Blog is up in her thread. I find it interesting that she didn't watch most of the show - she wrote that in the blog and said as much in a Jimmy Kimmel interview last night. Take a read and see what you think. Did she get closure?
    She's probably and justifiably so disgusted with the way the show has portrayed her and is very defensive. I didn't see the Kimmel interview, so cannot comment on that. It sounds like she's moved on with another relationship, and thus, gotten 'closure', though not with how she feels about the way in which she has been characterized thus far.
    Last edited by seagirl; 06-28-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Soooo in other words, you feel like at least JP and Ames are in it sincerely for the girl?

I think Blake really did like her. If Lucas hadn't already gotten a rose, I think he would've been prime to go home.
    The way she told the guys about Bentley, I don't know why they wouldn't have been annoyed. I think it was pretty telling that she told JP first and also that he kept it to himself.
    I'd really like it if there was a happy ending and Ashley and JP ended up together - though I'm not entirely sure she deserves him. He seems like a doll.

LOL! I know after I wrote that I thought it sounded lame but what I meant was I thought that both Mickey and Blake were very interested in her as well as Ames, JP, Lucas, but am somewhat uncertain about Ben F. and Constantine. I think Ben F. is still gun shy and his feelings are sort of flat still as he explained how sad he was after his father died he was not up for much of anything that wasn't work related, maybe he still isn't. Constantine seems to be unsure if he is really interested or not.

I feel that Ashley is entitled to fall for whomever she wants to. There is only one girl and only one guy can come away with her. They have to know that, I was sort of put off at their anger and accusation that their time was being wasted. Everyone's time will be wasted except for one person in the end. I don't see how she is "playing" anyone, I mean all of the seasons have the lead kissing and carrying on with several of them, that is the nature of the show. I have not seen a lead ever be this honest about their feelings for one contestant over the other. I guess that's not the way to go ..."word" to future contestants. Last season with Brad he was constantly saying he could see himself spending the rest of his life with just about everyone there. She has only said that a couple of times. ........Bentley is even a worse cad than I thought. He should have been direct and firm about his feelings or lack of for her, should not have hugged her and should not have talked in riddles. I hope she was able to decipher the message and got it loud and clear, he is just not into you. He is not good enough for you either. She did get played by him. Every once in awhile we meet someone that blows us away and we throw caution to the wind. It's usually the one who sweeps us off our feet both figuratively and literally. Who am I to judge? Something about him really appealed to her in the beginning. Sometimes we just like the way someone looks even when they aren't all that handsome or great and maybe they were what we "thought" we were waiting for and they seemed to feel the same except that the person was lying... I can see why she was so hurt. It's unfortunate that she choose the one person who wasn't in it to win it.
    Last edited by Tobi; 06-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.

This may be my first post about the show this season. I have tried to watch it, but last night was the final straw. I just find this lady annoying. CAll it being a people pleaser if you will, but I found her big deal comments about Bently insulting and a sure fire way to tick off the other men. I would have liked it if she told the producers, she would meet with Bently, if she had to, but that she really did not wish to share any info about him coming to see her with the other contestants, out of respect for them. We saw her approach.

Another thing that I just don't get is why when she is asked what kind of man she is looking for she always says someone to make her feel secure. WHAT? This is a red flag for a needy person who has no confidence in themself as a person. I can't imagine ever saying that I need a man to make me feel secure. It's too bizarre. It's understanding that you would say you were looking for, humor, kindness, patience, devotion, honesty, ambition, etc. But to make you feel secure? I don't get it.
    imissme and AlwaysVeg like this.

I know people are mad at her for telling the guys about Bentley, but she had to. Can you imagine being the guy she chose and then watching the show afterwards? He'd have to feel betrayed and would wonder if she only chose him because Bentley didn't want her.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

I agree Debb. You should love someone for "who" they are, not how they make you feel. Feeling good in a r/s is the by-product of loving someone. Maybe that was her issue with Bentley- he made her "feel" good.... so it must be love when she really didn't know "who" he was, whether or not he was worthy, or even partner material to start with. That's just lust, infatuation and immaturity. All her self sabotaging behavior is so troubling. I hope the girl gets some good therapy.
    Midol, Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    This is the vibe I get from him. Itrust my instincts, Ashley needs to learn how to read hers.
    I never trust people that APPEAR to be happy all the time. No one is EVER happy ALL the time. (speaking of Ryan)

FORT Fan

I hope Ashley is telling the truth in her blog and we don't have to hear the B- word again. I don't know what to make of the previews though... I keep watching this stupid show to see a happy ending and if I don't get one then I'm going to feel (like Lucas said) that they wasted my f-ing time
    ButterflyFaery likes this.

Closed Thread