Closed Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/27 Show Thread: Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

I was really hoping Lucas would give the rose back and leave ... he really rubs me the wrong way ...
    kateb and cantstopwatchin like this.

I forgot about Kimmell did I miss her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Ashley is really bow legged.

They should never have cast her. She can't carry this show ... and can't get the viewing audience to become invested in her.
    JavaJo and Midol like this.

Did anyone see Kimmel? I missed it.

All that Bentley drama and that's it? I have feeling there was lot we didnt see.I don't blame the men that spoke up one bit( I would be more appalled if they hadn't) Blake, hmm didn't care for him . Does someone else come back? who is that Mickey..they come they go, sheesh, if she cant carry this show, and she cries all the time. I doubt people would vote for her on dancing with the stars..there is a rumor the only reason she said yes to THIS show was to do DWTS! maybe its not true.and why do we have to keep flying all around the world..

I was bored..

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

WTF was Ashley thinking? Hey guys, I fell for Bentley immediately (after 5 mins), the rest of you were just here for the adventure. Now that he is gone for good, I'm interested in my number 2 guy. Aren't y'all happy for me? Good grief.

If she wants to get into a healthy relationship, she needs therapy for her daddy/abandonment issues. That is not something you just "get over" and it doesn't go away when you reach a certain age. Maybe she should ask Brad about that.

Why TPTB chose Ashley is beyond me. She wasn't compelling or interesting on her previous stint and she isn't now. If that last scene was any indication, she is boring and a poor conversationalist. No wonder they had to manufacture the Bentley drama.

Ames is growing on me. Ever since his first date, he just seems to get better as we get to know him. I love it when a guy takes the lead and just goes for it and kisses her instead of asking "can I kiss you". Thumbs up Ames, thumbs down Lucas.
    Midol, Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

I like Ames, I just think he's too bright for her.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris' Blog for episode 6 is posted in his thread.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If Bentley had copyrighted his name, he would still be reaping royalties from how many times after the supposed kiss off, his name continued to be the subject in Ashley's sentences.
    I don't know if I would term her attitude "cocky" as Chris H did when she made her confession to the men, I just think that she really thought that since JP accepted her confession with no problem, the other men would follow suit. She, unfortunately, expanded her explanation to include wording that ticked off many of the guys. She really does need a governor on her mouth sometimes.
    It might have helped if the contests for these group dates did include rewards for actually winning these contrived events. I would think that at least some of the guys who never had alone time would have accepted her later explanation more graciously if they actually had SOME time with her.

I'm not sure about the upcoming film clips at the end. It does appear that she is pulling a Mesnick which we all know how that initially turned out. I really hope not. It's bad enough that Ashley has been thrown under the rickshaw by Fleiss so many times this season that she should have tire marks up and down her back, but to make the season even more soapish is making "Love in the Wild" look really good right now.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Now we're movin'. Finally!

Watching the Bentley drama, again, I couldn't help but feel like they were two actors forcing themselves through a horrible scene. Even the overuse of "dot, dot, dot" that was then changed to a "period." Gag. I hope that Bentley was well compensated for being dragged through the mud.

This episode contained tremendous foreshadowing about the rest of the season. Since we can't speculate, I'm not sure how much I can share my ideas. The new previews honestly had me itching to go to a spoiler site, but alas, I'll try to figure it out. They are making it seem like this season folds with no proposal. Such an ending would explain the unflattering portrait that they're painting of Ashley.

As for Ashley, I can't help but like and root for her. She's so incredibly human, and she's trying rather ardently to not only do the right thing but to please people. In this game, she really can't please everyone. I applaud her for telling the guys about Bentley though her choice of words probably made things less than optimal. What serves Ashley in her professional life--an analytical mind--is tripping her up in her personal life.

Regarding the rest of the season, I hope that it's all a gag on us. Given Ashley's sensitive, emotional nature, it would be really sad to watch her be the first person ever to be rejected at the FRC. This whole season makes me feel like Fleiss is trying to comment on professional women: that beneath the mammoth professional success lies an insecure, uncertain, emotional basketcase. Such a generalization is untrue, even in Ashley's case.
    moflan and norealityhere like this.

Closed Thread