Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Okay, I'm on mountain time, so I'm skipping ahead to say...... No No No Ashley! Does she have to fall in love with every guy you have a date with??? What is she llike 15? I guess it makes for "good" tv - but holy moly get a grip, girl. I do not get what she sees in Ben - he's as dumb as a rock - he can barely form a sentence.

Ok, I'm done. For now.
    Last edited by J.D.; 06-20-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Ryan doesn't know what Ashley is feeling. Well, I'll tell you what Ashley is feeling... Ashley is feeling like most of you are DISHONEST and Ashley is feeling like she wants each of you to BE HONEST.

It's a pretty simple request. Don't be suave, be HONEST. If you're not honest then you're
    A
    FRAUD.

She is not 'into' Constantine.
    here she goes with the Bentley stuff again.

FORT Fan

im done with her... closure??? she didnt even spend a month with him.... why the hell would she need closure? she is driving me crazy with this bentley crap when she has all these guys who actually like her..... im done with watching her

Y'know what, Ashley's "talks" at these rose ceremonies are more like job interviews. I get stressed watching them. They are completely devoid of passion.

These interviews could happen prior to the season EVER starting. I don't necessarily want to watch an interview show. I'd rather the top candidates be selected prior to production, and then just the finalists be shown to me within a whirl of romance. Just show me the quality.

Regarding J.P., he definitely says the right things, and appears to be authentic.

I still can't figure out what she saw in Bentley....it had to be just a physical attraction, which everybody should know means nothing at the end of the day.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachfan1987 View Post
    im done with her... closure??? she didnt even spend a month with him.... why the hell would she need closure? she is driving me crazy with this bentley crap when she has all these guys who actually like her..... im done with watching her
    I believe it was TEN DAYS from the time she first met Bentley until the time he split. She's a psycho.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I'm not watching at this point, I guess the 2-on-1 date has just been resolved.

The Muay Thai segment bothers me. I realize there's a strong possibility it was all staged, but I will assume from the marks all over one of the guys that at least some of it was real.

It bothers me for three reasons.

1) It perpetuates the Ugly American image. Muay Thai is the national sport of Thailand. It has its roots going back to how the royal guard was selected. The Thai take it very seriously, and to step into the ring is an honor. Adults do not do so without significant formal training.

To see American tourists flopping about in the ring is a disgrace. I suppose American television money will purchase a lot of disgrace, but it shouldn't have happened.

2) A training segment could have been conducted without risk of serious injury. It could have stopped there, and the men would have learned something of the Thai culture. But Muay Thai combat is all about striking - it's a form of stand-up combat that teaches striking with fists, elbows, knees and feet. Defense is very difficult. Bouts are quick and often decisive.

It's irresponsible for amateurs to step into a ring without that formal training. And despite what that clod said about Ames not having fought, so he can't take a punch, a concussion is something else entirely. Taking a punch is difficult, because your body is telling you it's worse than it is. A concussion is worse. It can and does cause permanent damage.

If this had been a real Muay Thai ring and not a purchased circus sideshow, Ames would not have been allowed to fight. He wasn't even taught to keep his guard up.

3) I have no respect for Ashley at this point. Encouraging the men to engage in untrained combat was reckless and uncaring. Being strong and defending a woman is very positive, but it's only for extreme circumstances. That she would go along with this ugly spectacle, even if it was staged, says a lot about her as a person.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    I still can't figure out what she saw in Bentley....it had to be just a physical attraction, which everybody should know means nothing at the end of the day.

Oh, but he was so honest! and authentic! and real! .... pardon me while I go throw up.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

I am having a hard time with this season. I feel like the may have rushed into production without atking the necessary steps. Ashley does not seem to be mature enough to really make a decision on who is husband material. Many of these men seem to have self doubt and personal issues. The dates...especially the fighting date are awful and do nothing to let you get to know these guys.

I am disappointed.