Closed Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 243
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

  1. #211
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Ashley hasn't been fun to watch. I guess without the Bentley mess, this season would have few viewers. If this week means the resolution to the Bentley "problem", I hope something else happens to make this interesting.

  2. #212
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    What is a "vlog" and how do you watch it?
    It's a video-blog, and if you go to Jesse C's site he does a weekly "beatdown".

    The previews for next week (I just saw on abc) make it look like the boys are pretty upset about her and Bentley! I hope someone leaves on her, just to help it sink in: she has great guys there and she's wasting their time.

  3. #213
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,021

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    They showed Ashley in her "professional" environment during her package at the beginning of the season. She was on Hollywood 411 with CH last Sunday and he called her Dr. Ashley Hebert. She graduated in May with a 3.96 GPA, but she has some make-up work to do because of the time she missed being on the Bachelor/ette before it's official. She also has to take her state exam.
    Yes, I remember they showed that at the beginning of the first episode, but then they proceeded to edit her as someone who acts more like a 16-year-old high school girl than a woman who is about to become a professional. I say "edit," but maybe that's really her in terms of emotional maturity and insecurity. Either way, that's what they're highlighting and how she comes across. This Bentley obsession after knowing him for what, a week or two, is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on the show. Jimmy Kimmel had a segment the other night showing how many times Ashley has said Bentley's name on all the episodes so far, and it was hundreds of times! I also blame CH and the producers for not showing/telling her the truth. They're making her look like a complete fool, and it's not fair to all the other guys, either, who are being sincere in their interest in her while all she can think about is Bentley. I can't stand to even type, read or hear his name anymore!

  4. #214
    FORT Fanatic snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    498

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Regardless of when Bentley's talking heads were actually filmed, Chris knew some things he could tell Ashley. Nor did he have to show her or tell her the worst of it. He could have told her that Bentley was disappointed that Emily wasn't the Bachelorette, for instance. I assume that came out in pre-show interviews with Bentley, so Chris has access to that information.

    I DO understand the producers' reluctance to show Ashley the actual footage of Bentley's interviews. I can see where doing that would jeopardize future interviews because the contestants would know at any point the producers could show them to the other contestants or the bachelor/ette. It could put a huge damper on the contestants feeling free to open up and let their feelings out.

    Remember how upset the other women were at Michelle last season? That's because they had no idea what she was saying in her talking head interviews. It's generally been a rule that they don't see those "confessional" interviews until the show airs (Big Brother and Survivor follow the same "rule.")

    With that in mind, I can see why Chris H. didn't show Ashley actual footage of Bentley slamming her. But what I want to know is what Chris DID tell her, since he insists in his blogs he really argued with her about Bentley. What did he say, other than that "dot-dot-dot" is a man thing that can't be taken seriously? We don't see him telling her ANYTHING of what Bentley really feels for Ashley. Did he tell her any of what Bentley was feeling, or does that information also fall under the "confessional protection" banner? Is CH not allowed to discuss other people's confessional interviews with other contestants?

    Anyway, I wish I really understood what has been communicated to Ashley in regard to Bentley. While I think she should have taken his leaving as a huge sign he wasn't that interested, remember Ed left, too, and came back and was the F1 in Jillian's season. Going home for your kid vs. a job — Ashley could see it as much the same in terms of a valid reason for leaving — IF no one is telling you anything substantially more than that. Even the other guys thought Bentley was a strong front-runner, William mentioned that in a post-show interview that he thought Bentley was one of the guys MOST into Ashley!

    Yes, she was "warned" about Bentley, but only that he came on the show to promote his business, not that he intended to lie and be nasty behind her back. She probably convinced herself that she changed his mind about only being there for business.
    Last edited by snooky; 06-24-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    navybelle and Columbia, MD like this.

  5. #215
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    I got my US Weekly today and it h ad a story about the upcoming episode with Bentley returning. It said with Hebert unable to forget him, producers arranged for some closure, set to air on the June 27 episode. "Ashley needed to resolve this Bentley issue," a source tells US. "Production was going to have to stop if Bentley wouldn't come." So when Hebert, 27, arrives in Hong Kong, Harrison tells her that Williams is waiting for her. CH says "we had to get her back on track wo we could keep going." [EDIT for spoiler future episodes information]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-24-2011 at 09:27 PM.

  6. #216
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Regardless of when Bentley's talking heads were actually filmed, Chris knew some things he could tell Ashley. Nor did he have to show her or tell her the worst of it. He could have told her that Bentley was disappointed that Emily wasn't the Bachelorette, for instance. I assume that came out in pre-show interviews with Bentley, so Chris has access to that information.

    I DO understand the producers' reluctance to show Ashley the actual footage of Bentley's interviews. I can see where doing that would jeopardize future interviews because the contestants would know at any point the producers could show them to the other contestants or the bachelor/ette. It could put a huge damper on the contestants feeling free to open up and let their feelings out.

    Remember how upset the other women were at Michelle last season? That's because they had no idea what she was saying in her talking head interviews. It's generally been a rule that they don't see those "confessional" interviews until the show airs (Big Brother and Survivor follow the same "rule.")

    With that in mind, I can see why Chris H. didn't show Ashley actual footage of Bentley slamming her. But what I want to know is what Chris DID tell her, since he insists in his blogs he really argued with her about Bentley. What did he say, other than that "dot-dot-dot" is a man thing that can't be taken seriously? We don't see him telling her ANYTHING of what Bentley really feels for Ashley. Did he tell her any of what Bentley was feeling, or does that information also fall under the "confessional protection" banner? Is CH not allowed to discuss other people's confessional interviews with other contestants?

    Anyway, I wish I really understood what has been communicated to Ashley in regard to Bentley. While I think she should have taken his leaving as a huge sign he wasn't that interested, remember Ed left, too, and came back and was the F1 in Jillian's season. Going home for your kid vs. a job — Ashley could see it as much the same in terms of a valid reason for leaving — IF no one is telling you anything substantially more than that. Even the other guys thought Bentley was a strong front-runner, William mentioned that in a post-show interview that he thought Bentley was one of the guys MOST into Ashley!

    Yes, she was "warned" about Bentley, but only that he came on the show to promote his business, not that he intended to lie and be nasty behind her back. She probably convinced herself that she changed his mind about only being there for business.
    I agree that he could have explained the whole thing to her, but they have millions invested in this show and TPTB take advantage of any "interesting" situation to improve ratings. I believe the whole scenario with the roast was planned with this particular bachelorette due to her insecurities. They need drama. The people that sign up for these shows surely understand by now ... anything goes!

  7. #217
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    I got my US Weekly today and it h ad a story about the upcoming episode with Bentley returning. It said with Hebert unable to forget him, producers arranged for some closure, set to air on the June 27 episode. "Ashley needed to resolve this Bentley issue," a source tells US. "Production was going to have to stop if Bentley wouldn't come." So when Hebert, 27, arrives in Hong Kong, Harrison tells her that Williams is waiting for her. CH says "we had to get her back on track wo we could keep going." [EDIT for spoiler future episodes information]
    That's just crazy. If they thought they'd have to halt production at this point in the game, after Ashley had 1:1s with all of the seeming frontrunners, then I don't think she chooses anyone. Either that or she decided just to date them but I can't see her suddenly accepting a proposal just weeks after this because, at this point, Pinto has been gone almost as long as he was there! I can't see production making this statement if she's still with her F1. They have done nothing to preserve that relationship and IF Ashley DID choose an F1, then I'm sure they haven't made it easy on her having to explain everything to JP (the only one I could see her possibly with)...

    I still say this is the wonkiest season I have seen to date, and I've seen them all . I can't wait to move past this Mon's episode and leave all this Pinto stuff behind us. If Ashley continues to whine about him after that, then I don't see her with anyone...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  8. #218
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    That's just crazy. If they thought they'd have to halt production at this point in the game, after Ashley had 1:1s with all of the seeming frontrunners, then I don't think she chooses anyone. Either that or she decided just to date them but I can't see her suddenly accepting a proposal just weeks after this because, at this point, Pinto has been gone almost as long as he was there! I can't see production making this statement if she's still with her F1. They have done nothing to preserve that relationship and IF Ashley DID choose an F1, then I'm sure they haven't made it easy on her having to explain everything to JP (the only one I could see her possibly with)...

    I still say this is the wonkiest season I have seen to date, and I've seen them all . I can't wait to move past this Mon's episode and leave all this Pinto stuff behind us. If Ashley continues to whine about him after that, then I don't see her with anyone...
    well after watching the preview for next week when she is fessing up to the other guys that Bentley is there seems like several of them are really ticked off and Mickey tells her point blank to send him home...it seems obvious to me that he doesn't want to play these junior high school games...and it looks like he is not the only guy there that feels that way...one of them said about giving up everything to be there and being so invested while she isn't...and if someone does walk next week it wouldn't surprise me...in fact by the way she has treated them in the last 3 episodes by not paying attention and pretending to be Jan Brady...Bentley...Bentley...Be ntley...she should get down on her knees and thank the heavens that they all don't walk out because IMO she doesn't deserve any of them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  9. #219
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    That's just crazy. If they thought they'd have to halt production at this point in the game, after Ashley had 1:1s with all of the seeming frontrunners, then I don't think she chooses anyone. Either that or she decided just to date them but I can't see her suddenly accepting a proposal just weeks after this because, at this point, Pinto has been gone almost as long as he was there! I can't see production making this statement if she's still with her F1. They have done nothing to preserve that relationship and IF Ashley DID choose an F1, then I'm sure they haven't made it easy on her having to explain everything to JP (the only one I could see her possibly with)...
    If by HTDs Ashley hasn't firmly released Bentley and turned her attention to the guys, then I'll definitely say that this season was a complete bust. Until then, I'm not so sure that we're being told the truth by the show, season 7 contestants, or Chris Harrison. This Bentley storyline serves the same purpose as Michelle, Rego/Frank, Vienna vs. Ali, Dave vs. Juan and Ed. It fuels drama until we're down to four guys. That being said, I have seen affection from Bentley towards Ashley and a seeming ease: Ashley seems to get lost in him. In contrast, the most equal relationship is JP and her or even Ben and her.

    Regarding the show trying to protect the F1 relationship, I agree with you that the editing of Ashley really isn't helping their young relationship. If, however, Ashley and her F1 talked honestly about the show, its angle, and Bentley, then I can see them both accepting that the show is not reality. Their relationship NOW is the only thing that's real.

    About Ashley and holding onto Bentley: She spent between 8-10 days with him when they clicked. If she really thought he'd go with her to the end, then when he left she had to process the end of that possibility. Though some may say that her depth of emotion was disproportionate to the amount of time spent with Bentley, the girl falls hard. I don't think she was in love, but due to the nature of the show, she'd planned out her ending. Losing that, it can be crushing. Her need for closure, especially as she develops more feelings for the guys present, indicates that she is emotionally mature: she knows what she needs to enter into something healthy and honest with a guy. She wants to close all the doors of her past so that she can be in the present and future with one of these guys. I also take it as a really good sign that Ashley is easily letting go of the other guys who don't want to be with her (Ben C). At this stage, it seems like she is taking it seriously because I think she does know who she wants.
    Arielflies likes this.

  10. #220
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

    The one silver lining I can see is what William said in an interview. He was asked who he thought Ashley would choose for F1 and he didn't hesitate to say JP. He said the chemistry between them was unlike that with the other guys. He also said that some of the other guys began to feel guilty going on a date with her because they could tell he (JP) was so invested in Ashley.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.