Closed Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Not a spoiler as it happened on a past show. Maybe they refused to box because Ames was being loaded into the ambulance at that time and everyone was gathered around watching.
    Or maybe they refused to continue because they knew how cruel and stupid the whole idea was. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    From what I remember of one of her interviews after the show, Ali said that she kept a journal from the start that she wrote in daily to record what she was feeling...I think we may have even seen it in one of the episodes...I think it was the one where Rego got kicked off and CH played her the voicemails in her room. She said that she gave it to Roberto after the show to explain what she felt at the time. Ali was smart because she knew how the producers could edit things so that reality was turned upside down. This way even though he watched the show and got ticked off at some of the stuff he saw, the journal showed him the truth. Unfortunately, I don't think Ashley is that smart.
    You're absolutely correct: that was the reality of the situation. The show, however, made a very convincing case of Ali's utter heartbreak over losing Frank. We even got to watch the whole shebang into the final weeks of the season. At least, Ashley's junk with Bentley should be over by next week. [Edit for Future Action]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-23-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Not a spoiler as it happened on a past show. Maybe they refused to box because Ames was being loaded into the ambulance at that time and everyone was gathered around watching.
    they did continue to box - Blake won the competition against Ryan in the final round.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Or maybe they refused to continue because they knew how cruel and stupid the whole idea was. JMHO
    Or how dangerous it was. I wish they would have shown it - but I guess that would go against MF's vision - for someone to actually refuse to participate because it was a dumb idea! I just think it would have shown additional character on both these guys and wish they would have shown it!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    they did continue to box - Blake won the competition against Ryan in the final round.
    I wonder if that is why Blake actually got the rose on the group date. If it were me, I would have given the rose to Ames. Or at least to JP, who I seem to have the biggest connection with.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    ITA! What a amazing point How come we've never seen Ashley in her "professional" enviornment???? Hmm
    I've thought about that, too. Granted I tend to fall asleep through whole segments of this ridiculous season, but I haven't seen Ashley have one single conversation with anyone that includes any mention of her career, schooling, or dentistry, not even with the guy (Blake, is it?) who is ALSO a dentist! I wouldn't be surprised if the producers are leaving out any discussions of her profession in order to further accentuate her immaturity and insecurity. Why wouldn't any of the guys have used her profession as a source of material for the roast instead of just a steady stream of low-blow jokes about her boobs and not being Emily?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I've thought about that, too. Granted I tend to fall asleep through whole segments of this ridiculous season, but I haven't seen Ashley have one single conversation with anyone that includes any mention of her career, schooling, or dentistry, not even with the guy (Blake, is it?) who is ALSO a dentist! I wouldn't be surprised if the producers are leaving out any discussions of her profession in order to further accentuate her immaturity and insecurity. Why wouldn't any of the guys have used her profession as a source of material for the roast instead of just a steady stream of low-blow jokes about her boobs and not being Emily?
    Yes, it is quite obvious that it that is their intention in the way she is being portrayed. The Bachelor/ette showcases only men's abs and women's t's and a's and nothing else matters here.
    Honestly, I think Fleiss is more intimidated by anyone with a brain (like Ashley) and portray her more negatively as the less intelligent and more generally perceived as 'beautiful' (like Emily) who generally gets the better edit on this show. That's the nature of this business
    Last edited by seagirl; 06-23-2011 at 02:38 PM.

[QUOTE=
    I have just one more rant: okay, maybe two. I don’t care for this new format, AT ALL. I’ve noticed that the number of posters has dwindled to a handful. Where there used to be hundreds of pages, there are now only a few dozen. We used to analyze fingernails, moles, freckles, eyelashes, earlobes…etc. etc. and it was, for the most part, FUN. The screencaps were eagerly awaited every week, and the experts (Mr. Wright, for one) could tell us location, hotels, beaches…Now it’s just a few people talking about what we just saw. I no longer even bother to tape it.
    Second rant, what’s up with this website? It literally takes 5 minutes or more, just to load the program. This morning I spent more than ½ hr just waiting for the pages to load. I’ve got a new computer, huge amounts of space, everything else works super duper fast – but this website is slower than molasses in January.

The End.[/QUOTE]

ITA. Most of the fun of watching this series has gotten to be the sleuthing and speculating. I wasn't big on the spoilers,but I did like speculating on what might happen based on previous episodes, previews, etc. Now I'd love to speculate on which of the 3 guys is going to be on BP. That's the only reason I'm still watching - this is the best set of guys ever and they're wasted on a girl who is no where near ready for marriage! BTW, this website has gotten to be agonizingly slow.

Yes, please NO Bachelor Pad speculation or spoiling in this forum. This is for Bachelorette talk of the non-spoiled kind.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    They showed Ashley in her "professional" environment during her package at the beginning of the season. She was on Hollywood 411 with CH last Sunday and he called her Dr. Ashley Hebert. She graduated in May with a 3.96 GPA, but she has some make-up work to do because of the time she missed being on the Bachelor/ette before it's official. She also has to take her state exam.
    I had no idea! Thank you for the info. Much appreciated!

Closed Thread