Closed Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
    I know I'm late here but I just wanted to say that I would have never participated in that boxing date -poor Ames. I would have told Ashley that I came here to find love and not to be turned into a violent thug. The fact that Chris Harrison thought that having guys fight each other was a great idea makes him just as disturbed in the head as Ashley.

I starting to feel like I owe Jen Scheft an apology. There is actually such a thing as lower than lower.

I know how you feel.I just wish the very smug CH would leave the show, something about him makes me feel icky. I am not sure the woman that accused him of flirting with someone else was 100% wrong.

FORT Fan

Re: Question of Ashley as educated/intelligent -

1. Penn Dental is consistently ranked as one of the top Dental Schools in the country - generally less than 10% of those applying are admitted - and it is an Ivy League institution (all of Penn's programs, graduate and undergraduate, are difficult to get into).

2. Educated/intelligent does not automatically translate into being brilliant on-screen or being a great communicator, in general.

3. Fleiss and Ashley should have pretty equal responsibility of showcasing her relative success - I think if we saw her in more of her own element (dental class, performing dental procedures with patients), we may have an entirely different perspective. Her insecurities are not based on a lack of intellect, intelligence or general knowledge, but probably more closely related to a history of relationship issues or perhaps a lack of dating experience relative to many other women her age.
    Last edited by seagirl; 06-22-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

I've been thinking. Most seasons we hear that the F1 has a bit of trouble coping with watching the show and seeing their now "fiance" with the other contestants on dates and especially kissing and being intimate. I would think that this is taken to a whole new level by Ashley's behavior this season in regards to Bentley. If I were the F1, I would have questions about her sincerity and committment to me after the way she has pined all season for B, saying he was the one she saw herself with in the end. It's hard to imagine how this will be rehabilitated. So...does she just say, "guys, I've been pining for B this whole time you were putting yourselves out there and now I'm over him" and they're okay with that? Maybe someone such as William would be, but most of those there at that point are successful, intelligent men outside of the show. It's not like they couldn't get a girl otherwise. I have a hard time understanding how the F1 wouldn't seriously question her judgement and honesty (because, you know, honesty is so important to her...) after watching the show. Could he really trust her?
    Juls2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    .............................. .............but most of those there at that point are successful, intelligent men outside of the show. It's not like they couldn't get a girl otherwise.
    Which brings up the obvious question: if they could have gotten a girl otherwise, why are they on this show?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I'm sick of the tourism pimping. This show has become nothing more than a late-night TV ad for tourism, a complete sell-out.
    What else is there to look forward to? Ashley and the bachelors are a snooze...she's not interested in them (other than possibly JP and the horrible, manufactured Bentley drama) and I'm pretty sure that most of them are not interested in her either...again other than with the possible exception of JP.

All the fake, overly edited drama is there because none of these people are really that interesting. I miss Chris L.!!!

Lord help us with the next Bachelor if it is one of these guys...other than possibly JP or Ames...they may be tolerable. What a sad state of affairs. I can barely tolerate watching the show anymore. Ashley is immature and acts like a silly teenager ... actually that's giving teenagers a bad wrap. It's not silly fun anymore...in fact it's not even entertaining and is so bad that I am falling asleep while watching the show and when I do watch, I FF through most of it.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    The men wrestled in Ali's seaon.
    Thanks for the reminder. I don't like wrestling either, but I can tolerate it more than boxing. Although both are sort of violent with wrestling the goal is just to pin your opponents shoulders to the mat whereas in boxing you beat the crap out of your opponent until he/she is physically incapacitated.

No offense to fans of either. I find both "sports" to be extremely barbaric.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I don't like wrestling either, but I can tolerate it more than boxing. Although both are sort of violent with wrestling the goal is just to pin your opponents shoulders to the mat whereas in boxing you beat the crap out of your opponent until he/she is physically incapacitated.

No offense to fans of either. I find both "sports" to be extremely barbaric.
    ITA, and felt so badly for Ames. He got a raw deal from the beginning.....ie. pink?? Come on!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post

All the fake, overly edited drama is there because none of these people are really that interesting. I miss Chris L.!!!
    Speaking of which, I couldn't find a place to put this news but Chris L., aka Cape Cod Chris is engaged to former Bachelor contestant, Peyton Wright. He popped the question on the Cape.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I've been thinking. Most seasons we hear that the F1 has a bit of trouble coping with watching the show and seeing their now "fiance" with the other contestants on dates and especially kissing and being intimate. I would think that this is taken to a whole new level by Ashley's behavior this season in regards to Bentley. If I were the F1, I would have questions about her sincerity and committment to me after the way she has pined all season for B, saying he was the one she saw herself with in the end. It's hard to imagine how this will be rehabilitated. So...does she just say, "guys, I've been pining for B this whole time you were putting yourselves out there and now I'm over him" and they're okay with that? Maybe someone such as William would be, but most of those there at that point are successful, intelligent men outside of the show. It's not like they couldn't get a girl otherwise. I have a hard time understanding how the F1 wouldn't seriously question her judgement and honesty (because, you know, honesty is so important to her...) after watching the show. Could he really trust her?
    I have wondered about this too...IDK if she even picks an F1 but at this point I don't see it happening but if she does I would be worried if she picked me just to pick someone or if she really had feeling for me since we have all been witness to her obsession with Bently..It would take a very secure man to be able to get past it

As for the boxing match several other sites are talking about it..apparently it went on for a while longer..I don't know who the F2 were in the match but from what I have read both Constanine and JP dropped out and refused to take part in it any further this is on several other sites so I am hoping its not considered a spoiler
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Not a spoiler as it happened on a past show. Maybe they refused to box because Ames was being loaded into the ambulance at that time and everyone was gathered around watching.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread