Closed Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    For anyone who thinks that Fleiss has skewered Ashley worse than any other bachelorette....one name....Jen Scheft. The whole Thailand, Thailand, Thailand rant was kept in and embellished. She earned the name She Whose Name Should Not Be Mentioned or something like that. Other than Trista, there really aren't too many that don't go thru the Fleiss grinder to get their 15 minutes of fame and a paycheck and/or exposure. I faced it a long time ago that Fleiss is a sadist and really enjoys messing with people because he can.

I'm really glad that SciFi channel's lineup will be airing in a couple weeks and then I will have a legitimate reason to not view the rest of the season. I'll just stop by here to read Arielflies' recaps.
    I liked Jenn Scheft on Andrew Firestone's season. However, I did not like Jenn as a lead bachelorette. Her season was awful but not nearly as bad as Ashley's.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    I am sorry but Bently has to be a Plant!!! there is no way this is real. Remember they need ratings and make it interesting.
    Ben C really wasn't into her. William could be Ashley's best gay (ops) friend
    On another board there is a thread about Bentley being a plant. A wise poster said he was indeed a plant: poison ivy!!
    NEPASue likes this.

Ashley wants these men to be honest with her, yet she hasn't been honest with any of them. She's basically stringing them all along. I have a feeling that once they all see this, none of them are going to be happy with her. I can't wait for MTA episode.

Ames...so cute in pink (it's my favorite color) and I felt so bad for him. That date was pointless and a really sweet guy got the short end of the stick on that one. I think she should have went to the hospital with him. Even if she didn't stay long....she should have rode there with him. I hope she doesn't choose him. He deserves better. They all do.

Usually at this point, there are still a couple of douchebags left but this season, all that are left are really nice guys who aren't being treated very well, by Ash or the producers. I feel bad for them all.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    For anyone who thinks that Fleiss has skewered Ashley worse than any other bachelorette....one name....Jen Scheft. The whole Thailand, Thailand, Thailand rant was kept in and embellished. She earned the name She Whose Name Should Not Be Mentioned or something like that. Other than Trista, there really aren't too many that don't go thru the Fleiss grinder to get their 15 minutes of fame and a paycheck and/or exposure. I faced it a long time ago that Fleiss is a sadist and really enjoys messing with people because he can.

I'm really glad that SciFi channel's lineup will be airing in a couple weeks and then I will have a legitimate reason to not view the rest of the season. I'll just stop by here to read Arielflies' recaps.
    not that I want to offend anyone...but truthfully with all she put the staff through Jen got exactly what she deserved...I know Ashley is going by what she saw only and in a way I can at least understand why she feels the way she does and on a personal level saying Fleiss couldn't get his splicing and done in time to show her is a TOTAL CROCK..he could have or Ch could have just point blank shown her.....and IMO the production staff and Mike Fleiss and Ch are more responsible for this debacle than anyone..they helped a man commit what I consider to be severe emotional abuse againt their lead...it was like they just stodd back and said...she's our lead but what does she matter she is only a woman and women are nothing but trash to use as a mat to wipe their feet on

and IMO they should have shown her some of the video before she went to see him again...I would have loved to see her going off on him..now that would be worth watching
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-21-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I can't help but feel that Ben C. and William were picked to go on the date because Ashley was told to dump both of them. sine she got the extra rose the week before.

as for "closure" (don't make me say his name), one of the best things I was told in therapy was that sometimes the lack of closure IS the closure.

I didn't like Ashley from the moment she had that mini tantrum on the group date with Brad, such childish behavior. (doesn't mean I want to see her heart stomped. just poor casting)
    Last edited by alizarules; 06-21-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: clarificatio

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

It's really easy from this side of the screen to say that Ashley's a nut job and should have her "head in the game", etc. However, we're also talking emotions and hormones here. What Ashley feels/felt for Bentley is/was infatuation. And, which of us can, TRUTHFULLY, say that they haven't been the victim of a "mad crush" or two? It probably wouldn't have been too bad, but Bentley LEFT (with the blasted dot dot dot) - infatuation now is converted into FANTASY. NOBODY can compete with that. These are things that are hard wired into our psyches. You aren't talking about being sensible, the poor woman is working off of emotions and all of the fairy tales that have been fed to women from the time they are born.

On the other hand, certain men KNOW how to tap into these feellings - and I feel than Bentley (the jerk) is one of those guys.

Hopefully, Ashley can get some closure and realize exactly who Bentley REALLY is. Face it, if all you have to remember someone by is a couple of weeks and some romantic interludes, then in your mind - he's perfect. And, he'll always remain that way UNTIL you see him again, warts and all.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fan

who needs closure when you knew the guy for what two weeks? she went on two freaking dates with him and they werent even one on one dates...... what she is feeling for him is lust not love like she claims.... she is a silly girl because she claims that after three weeks she knew he was going to be the one even after she was warned about him....

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

One quote that stood out to me in a HUGE way last night - JP's comment, "If you can't find romance in this kind of environment, you're hopeless." All comments are left in for a reason and I'm starting to wonder if this might mean Ashley stands alone at the end b/c that was definitely a dig at her by production...
    Equally so, the show left in the comment, "For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling hopeful," said in a PI of Ashley after her dinner date with Ben. Interesting juxtaposition.

Ashley fascinates me. When on Brad's season, what happened? She freaked out about the show's format most likely due to the degree of vulnerability and trust it required from her. Ashley had to be the one who would stay open emotionally, trusting Brad. Wicked hard to do for someone with her family history. Since her pops was absent and an alcoholic, no doubt she's parading around with abandonment, trust, and commitment issues. No doubt that some of her Type-A personality, her effervescence, and her driven nature can in some way find their root in her experience with her dad. She learned young to cover up well and distract people with her accomplishments. When it's clear that a relationship is doomed on her end, then Ashley walls off: see Brad, William, Nick, Ryan P, Ben C. She's very certain in those interactions, esp. when she realizes that she no longer has feelings for the guy. But, heck, if she still has feelings, watch out! See Bentley! (I maintain that she's well aware of what's going on here.) When she's not sure if a guy is into her, she asks him more and more questions. Some may see it as insecurity, but it's also her way of trusting the person. She does need to work through that, but it's not the worst thing in the world. The right man will help her through those things.

The Bachelorette is kinda the perfect situation for Ashley in some ways. She's (theoretically) in control. Notice the numerous comments made by the guys that they are always talking about themselves. Ashley asks the questions and rarely reveals herself. As much as people perceive Ashley as naive, she plays this game very well. None of those guys have any real idea what she feels. It's not admirable, but she's playing the game perfectly.
    Last edited by veg_out; 06-21-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    sunnymicki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    You aren't talking about being sensible, the poor woman is working off of emotions and all of the fairy tales that have been fed to women from the time they are born.

On the other hand, certain men KNOW how to tap into these feellings - and I feel than Bentley (the jerk) is one of those guys.
    Taylor Swift is creating a whole new generation of Ashleys with her prince-princess-love story songs. I really wish girls would stop believing in fairy tales! We are told that we are "special" & that there is someone out there for each of us, blah blah blah. Mothers should also be telling their daughters more about kissing all the frogs before you find your "prince". And some (most!) of those frogs will toy with your head & emotions and are not worth your time. Eventually you figure it out, you either get a decent guy or you become super-cynical & may be hopeless (I am the latter). But it's sad to see women like Ashley who just have NO CLUE when they are being played...it is so obvious in the way he treats her (although I wasn't able to see it until after I was 40).

Don't wear your heart on your sleeve. Don't take sex too seriously (women & their stupid emotions!). Make them work for it! Don't base your future on something like "I've never felt this way before". It's all BS! Love is possible, heartbreak is inevitable & it gets harder when you get older...marriages, divorces, kids, exes...the baggage just continues to pile up! Isn't that WONDERFUL???

OK I'm done!
    Ellen likes this.

I'm so over Ashley. She's getting on my nerves and I don't think I want to finish the show at all. I really enjoy some of the guys, so there should be hope for the season but she brings it down.

psucashcow, I'm in agreement about the treatment of Ashley/Jenn. I said something about that a few shows back. The editing of Ashley is similar to that of Jenn's and it makes me wonder what she did to piss them off. They aren't showing her in a good light anymore than they did Jenn (in her season.)

I think Ashley was such a bad choice in the beginning. They should have picked someone else. She's too insecure and pretty boring. It's no surprise that we have a retread from another season, the bachelorettes have always been repeats from past seasons. The guys used to be new, but they haven't been for several seasons now.

I'm thrilled with the spoiler free zone this year, I just wish Ashley was better so I enjoyed the season itself better.

Closed Thread