Closed Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm really glad I fell asleep before the finals of the fighting.....I definitely couldn't take any more whining from Ashley. I will be totally flabbergasted if Ashley and her final pick are still together by the fnale.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I'm not buying this Bentley crap anymore. Ashley's chat with Chris Harrison last night sealed it for me. Not negating that Ashley may have crushed hard on him from the start, I still can see a scam through the sugar coating. If this plot line was concocted prior to the season--which it had to have been to have Michelle warn her--then Ashley and Bentley were stuck in the trenches together. A bond forms. Regardless, it's this nightmarish flashback to Jillian and Ed.

Without the spoilers, it is rather challenging to see any real "connection" between Ashley and the other guys, mostly because only glimpses are shown of other relationships. I did, however, note that Ashley said that she has a "core group" of guys with whom she has developing relationships. It'd be nice to see those, esp with JP and Ben. Because of the way that the show is being edited, I do fear that Ashley choosing someone other than Bentley might not ring true to viewers even if her F1 was her choice from the beginning. Fortunately, like every other season, next week should clean house of the drama antics, paving the way for the HTDs and the "real" part of the season.

From what I remember of Ali's season, not many thought she'd get over Frank; several also found her rather insecure and whiny/needy. But the way that Ali tells it, Roberto was always her guy yet the audience had to watch carefully to see it; we were sort of distracted by the Frank show.

At this point, I'm not sure that Ashley's overwhelmingly insecure. I think she's found herself in an unusual situation. She was single for four years prior to The Bachelor, an ex-boyfriend died, and she did not date much, a common trait among those in professional school. School becomes all consuming. Now she's faced with 25 guys who have a variety of reasons for doing a reality show; if I were her, I too would question their sincerity. I'd actually take issue if she wasn't analyzing things. She's playing the game, but I don't think she's being played entirely. Somewhere behind all this junk, Ashley does know what she's doing and who she wants and who wants her. It's just a pity that the show needs to make her seem inept.
    Tobi, dougrayfan, judkay and 1 others like this.

Mike Fleiss needs to go back to the drawing board with both the Bachelor & Bachelorette shows and REINVENT them. Simon Cowell left Am Idol because he had achieved all he could with the show. The show had ran its course with him. Instead, he has REINVENTED another show called the X FACTOR (?) consisting of musical talent but in a different format.

With respect to the Bach shows, the producers appear to be so engrossed with creating drama for ratings that the shows are losing their appeal to the viewers. I have never missed a Bachelor or Bachelorette show ever! Several of my friends have already stopped watching this season and are not interested in seeing it anymore. Watching Ashley's season has definitely struck a nerve with me.

The producers also need to be careful with their choosing of the next Bachelor or Bachelorette. There has to be the right personalities for a lead Bachelor or Bachelorette. I just don't think Ashley has what it takes as a lead. I really felt sorry for Ames. She doesn't even hug the men when they are eliminated which I don't quite understand.

This season lacks entertainment, humor, fun, and just overall laughter. The outtakes are so boring. I think the people chosen makes the show good. Ashley was chosen and now we are now suffering as viewers.

Watching this season makes me appreciate the Bachelorette Shows 1 - 6 so much more. All the chatter and diagolue that ABC mentioned about her being the most "professional bachelorette" doesn't mean anything if you can not be a good lead and carry a show. Most professional bachelorette, huh? Well, she is no better than the bachelorettes before her.
    1dog2kids likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Sad to say but I'm over this season. I'm tired of Ashley's whining (and not just in re: to Bentley) and I'm tired of the games she's playing. I wish she *had* "officially" checked out halfway through so they could've gotten someone to replace her. Wouldn't that have been a nice change of pace. Last season, I thought they just gave her a bad edit; that they made her seem neurotic and questioning everything to set up her F3 exit. Now we can all see that that's just the way she is and at this point, I think all the guys who've been sent home should consider themselves the "winners." She's not ready for a relationship, never mind getting married. I think Brad has a shrink she could borrow...

One quote that stood out to me in a HUGE way last night - JP's comment, "If you can't find romance in this kind of environment, you're hopeless." All comments are left in for a reason and I'm starting to wonder if this might mean Ashley stands alone at the end b/c that was definitely a dig at her by production...

My comments on the show - glad to see Ben & William get the boot. I liked William in the beginning but he became annoying and it was def. his time to go (notice how all the guys rejoiced-LOL?) And I wasn't happy that poor Ames (my favorite) got his ringer rung and Ashley couldn't manage to give him the rose at that group date?? That was not cool AT ALL.

I hope every, single one of the guys walks out on her next week when they hear about Bentley. I would cheer that on and CH wouldn't be lying when he said the most.dramatic.rose.ceremony.EV AH!!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fanatic

Why is it assumed that becasue Ashley is a Dentist that she is educated? I go to UT I know lots of people who either have graduated or are about to graduate with honors and believe me when I say they are not educated. Often getting a diploma is just a question of sticking it out. And I dont mean to enter the whole "life smart vs book smart" debate. Because it doesnt apply to Ashley. Listen to her, she is one of the "I stuck it out" graduates.
    She bores me, I doubt she could carry on an intelligent conversation. There simply is no substance with this girl. Insecure, low self-esteem and boring. The only responsiblity that Mike Fleiss has in this debacle is that he agreed to cast her as the lead. She cant carry the lead, blame her.
    Ellen likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tribewoman39 View Post
    This is where Chris should have said, "Ok, wanna watch some tapes with me?" But, no, they have to go for the drama and fly the jerk all the way to Thailand.
    DH said the same thing! That was the second time he talked to the TV - the first was during Ashley & Ben's 1:1 time when they arrived at their dinner date and the music suddenly changed - he said changing the music isn't going to make you any less BO-RING!! Needless to say, as little as he "checks in" during these seasons, he checked out a few weeks ago.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

If she is currently engaged, I doubt they will make it for very long after ATFR, once her F1 has seen all the episodes. No man from this season is going to want to be with her after watching her pine over Bentley and go through the motions with the rest of them.

Ashley is too immature and too insecure to be in a successful adult relationship. It's time for her to grow up, soul search and get some therapy.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Missed the show last night. Did Bently return? What purpose did his return serve (other than ratings of course)?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was so bored last night, she was boring, she was bored by the men., and they were trying to make it work at the last rose ceremony If I were them I would have walked, her judgement is way way off. If I hear the name Bentley one more time, I am going to hurl! thats all its been for 2 weeks.I don't get it.She isnt worthy of some of the guys there

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Missed the show last night. Did Bently return? What purpose did his return serve (other than ratings of course)?
    No thats next week, looks like he might be around even longer than that one week.

Closed Thread