Closed Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/20 Show Thread: Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

This really is turning out to be the worst season. And I really tried to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt at first, though I didn't want her as the star to begin with - she annoyed me w/Brad. But, I found myself rooting for her to find happiness and love, in the beginning. (Even knowing how this show is produced w/no interest in her happiness and love in mind.)
    Now ... as much as I think some of the guys are adorable and enamored w/her, I don't want her to hurt them. I'm feeling more protective of some of them than of her. She's been pouty, subdued, sulking about Bentley, and wasting their time in a beautiful place. Ames is too sweet, JP is too charming, Ben is too real, to be subjected to this immature little girl. I don't know why they'd be interested in her after all this- she's been acting like a baby, even in front of them.
    I don't ever remember feeling this disinterested in the star, and disappointed in all the seasons I've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I'm sick of the tourism pimping. This show has become nothing more than a late-night TV ad for tourism, a complete sell-out.
    In fairness, every TV show and movie nowadays is full of product placement.
    This show has no more than any other.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    In fairness, every TV show and movie nowadays is full of product placement.
    This show has no more than any other.
    I see your point, and yet I never expected every show to be like a fabulous Price-Is-Right sweeepstakes... The guys are in it for WORLD TRAVEL, and some of them feel that if they find love too, that's cool, but they certainly aren't motivated by the need for it.

When the guys say they "want the rose", what they reallly mean is they want to go to the next international country. THey don't give a cr_p about Ashley.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I had high hopes for this season, at first. I liked Ashley, and her group of some of the best looking and cool guys ever on a Bachlorette show. This is turning out to be one of the worst thus far. It has turned into the "Ashley is in Love With Bentlley Show". I switched it off tonight, when she started her mooning over him. Only reason I may watch next week, is in hopes of seeing the other guys leave. I would hope to see some of these super guys on some other shows, or at least hope they go far in their lives after their stint on it. They deserve it. Not sure what she deserves. Doubt it will be Bentley. He apparently doesn't want her.

FORT Fan

i would not be surprised if when we get to the after the final rose to see ashley and her final one are done....

:)

Augh. She is so sad and so down at so many of these parties! And I feel like things are often tense and awkward between her and whoever she is talking to. Maybe it is because the whole being hung up on Bentley thing. Or maybe she just isn't good on TV. But it reeeeeaaaaaallly needs to change. I want to see romance not awkward self doubt and drama. I don't feel like there was any romance on this episode at all, except a little moment at the end with JP - and she even managed to ruin that!
    navybelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Good grief, even Chris Harrison is frustrated with her. Ashley, what are you, a 16 yr old???!!!
    I didn't get to see tonight's show - and am glad that I didn't, but if she's essentially pissing off Chris Harrison, then there is something VERY truly wrong.

They made a bad choice with Ashley to be the Bachelorette, and they made a VERY bad choice to bring in Bentley. I mean, they removed a woman for flirting whatnot with a worker on the show, having Bentley act and say these things is just as bad. I also think they should've KEPT him off the show.

All the men on the show - I think they're cute, and if any of them asked me on a date I'd say yes. I wouldn't pine for a narcissitic ant from the planet Egomania who really is in love with someone who is just as emotionally fragile, but - at the time - supposedly dating Brad Womack.

Here's hoping that the men walk out, or at least one reading her the riot act as to why they're leaving. I just hope the alphabet network doesn't make a sophomore mistake and put them in the bad light.

And yes, Ashley - though I'd say this for anyone acting like this on the show - is getting properly razzed for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie8863 View Post
    I don't know if I can watch next week...I would love to see all the guys walk off and leave her with Bentley...she is such a child. I don't understand why they didn't just let her see some of the footage from bentley when he was so mean so she could get over and move on.
    Probably afraid to show her the tapes because she'd pull her insecurity drama about it "not working" and be unable to go on.
    This show opened with Bently, and closed with him in the previews and the guy is scum. He should have just opted out when he found out it was Ashley and given someone else a chance to step in.

Ashley is a wierd duck. She ruled against believing Michelle's warning about Bently, but immediately believed William's sabotage tonight.

I'm not sure there is any way to salvage this season. I don't care if she finds love or not.
    Pippa47 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

OMG this show is driving me crazy?!?!? Why didn't the producers just show her all of the clips where Bentley is totally dogging her....blah blah blah they wanted her to figure it out on her own but obviously by now she hadn't so they should have just shown her the clips. I'm sure she would try to forget about him really quickly...Chris H. says he tried to warn her against him but he so far hasn't given her any direct info...he just hints to her that he isn't the right guy for her but Ashley prob just thinks these are his opinions. The show is totally doing this for drama.

[Edit for spoiler question]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-21-2011 at 01:03 AM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison's Blog for Episode 5 is posted in its thread. I'll put up Ashley's when it is available.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread