Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Turns out she does have some good guys in this group - I was wondering if I'd end up liking them much at all. Maybe I'm like Ashley and can't stop thinking of what I used to "have" - Reid, Chris L, Graham, Kiptyn, Roberto, Jeremy....

Where did Will go? Seems he faded into the background this episode, like the editors can't show us all the guys each time for some reason. I'm glad we got we got to see Ames' date, and interactions w/cutie pie JP, but a clip here and there of William would be good - I want to see what he's acting like now! At least we did see some of Lucas this time. Ben C was pretty "quiet" too as far as screen time.

I loved Ashley's dress during the RC! She looked great, which is good since she spent so much of tonight looking drippy!

I do not look forward to Bentley being back on my TV. Yuck. Playa's coming back to play the girl - how novel.

I just wanted to slap her throughout the show. I mean really, how many weeks did she know Bentley for? She has no clue what building a relationship is about vs. Jr. High School level lust. Even my teenaged son said, "She needs to just stop with the Bentley thing".

I totally cringed tonight when she gave out the rose on the group date and announced to the men that she was giving it to someone that she had "developed strong feelings for" ... WTF, girl!!! You don't say that to all of the other guys.

I really am beginning to think that Ashley is clueless socially and more insecure than any B'ette we've ever seen. I would be shocked if it worked out with her and her chosen one - she is really not yet mature enough for a serious, adult relationship. I hope she proves me wrong - but from what we've seen so far, she is emotionally very immature.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    It's rather challenging not to deduce that maybe-just maybe-this crazy Bentley storyline was drummed up as Ashley's out IF she didn't want to take this gig seriously. Her obsession with Bentley could be used to explain any failure with her F1, if, say, it didn't/doesn't take off. That's what I imagine happened in the production meeting. LOL. Or maybe it's just this fantastic ruse for the "true" love story.

Honest to goodness, these past two episodes drug like nails on a chalkboard. So many of the conversations feel forced for Ashley or the scenes are massively setup. The exceptions this week were JP, Ames, and Ben F. Truth be told, the dinner conversation with Ames was one of the most authentic, witty, down-to-earth conversations I'd ever heard on this show. It was like a real first date in which both people are equally intrigued by each other.

I'm not sure I can suffer next week. Ay yi yi.
    Bravo for your comments in bold! I have been wanting to scream at Ashley to just open her eyes and see these great guys who are there for the right reasons. I really enjoyed watching her dinner date with Ames. He was intelligent, charming, witty, and interesting. Now this is what a real date looks like!

When Ashley and JP are together, the chemistry just jumps right off the screen. I picked him out from day one. He's my guy. As he was kissing her and she was obviously enjoying it, I said out loud - what about good ol' Bentley? - she didn't seem too broken up about his loss when she was so into kissing JP!

I am SO not looking forward to Bentley coming back! Forget him, Ashley!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    West or maybe the other guy who was divorced. Possibly Mr. Happy, not that there's anything wrong with it.
    There's something so very annoying about someone who is happy all the time. That's not normal. Real people have real emotions, no one is happy ALL the time. I think people who only exhibit expressions of happiness at all times are really very dysfunctional and have shut down in all other emotions. Acting happy is just a facade. I know someone who is like that...nothing ever bothers him and he shows no emotion ever other than happy, happy, happy. And with that said...he cheated on his wife and flirts with every woman that comes along....happy, happy, happy. Not sure if the two are related, but maybe people who are unusually happy don't see anything bad about anything, even cheating. Part of his "happiness and positive attitude" persona included always complimenting women on how nice they looked...even though he was married...but boy...he sure was a positive person, especially with the ladies!
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Oh no! It will suck for the ONE LONE GUY that gets ejected. She's breaking the rules, and yet he is the one guy she knows with certainty that she doesn't like. <pout>
    And he will know it too since Chris announced that Ashley requested an extra rose! Poor guy...(turns out it's West)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    There's no way I'd take on a guy -- no matter how gorgeous -- with that kind of baggage. Unless they [the baggage -- the potential date, too, for that matter] were all grown up, out of the house, and completely independent. I mean, kudos to anyone who has done so -- and enjoyed it to boot -- but it's definitely *not* me, and I knew myself at a young enough age to have made that a deal-breaker at or before the first date.
    A BIG AMEN to that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I just wanted to slap her throughout the show. I mean really, how many weeks did she know Bentley for? She has no clue what building a relationship is about vs. Jr. High School level lust. Even my teenaged son said, "She needs to just stop with the Bentley thing". I totally cringed tonight when she gave out the rose on the group date and announced to the men that she was giving it to someone that she had "developed strong feelings for" ... WTF, girl!!! You don't say that to all of the other guys. I really am beginning to think that Ashley is clueless socially and more insecure than any B'ette we've ever seen. I would be shocked if it worked out with her and her chosen one - she is really not yet mature enough for a serious, adult relationship. I hope she proves me wrong - but from what we've seen so far, she is emotionally very immature.
    I'm with you on this one...I yelled at her (actually the tv) when she said that in front of/to the other guys about Ben when giving him the rose. That was such a mean and inconsiderate thing to say.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-14-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Oh wow, how could anyone consider a young child as baggage?...
    Because it's almost NEVER just the child. Kudos to those who've had rewarding experiences. Maybe I've missed out, maybe not. Luckily, my life has worked out well with my choices. But I know me. I'd be a crappy mom/stepmom and frustrated with all the family politics.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I hadn't planned on watching this season of the Bachelorette because Ashley just seemed too immature and blah to me. The funny thing was that hubby wanted to watch because she was so unlike other bachelorettes so we're watching and I'm bored and would like to shake Ashley. Her feelings about Bentley just confirm my opinion of her insecurity/immaturity. TPTB also know what a drag this season is and I think that's why Bentley plays such a big part in this. Otherwise, who would really care who she picks? I don't mean to be unkind about Ashley because at her age, it's perfectly normal to be insecure and immature. I know I sure was! I made all kinds of dumb decisions but hopefully, I learned from those mistakes.
    I'm just not into this season at all and judging from what I see here on FORT, a lot of others are not either.
    And I'm also tired of recycling who gets picked for the Bachelor/bachelorette. I want someone new, exciting and mature enough to handle this kind of situation....not just whoever loses out in the past season.
    Pippa47 likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Both Chris Harrison and Ashley's Blogs have been posted in their threads.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Oh wow, how could anyone consider a young child as baggage?
    Some people do. I'm one of them. Don't want my own kids, don't want someone elses kids, don't want to listen to the neighbour kids playing.
    Ellen, fireflyer and NEPASue like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Wow. I only had one person show up to my party last night, and it was STILL more interesting than this show. That's just sad.

"I wonder if I should tell Constantine about my feelings for Bentley." I just wanted to reach thru that TV and slap her silly. I was a total nerd, only had one serious relationship before I met hubby, and even I wasn't that clueless. C. already knows about your infatuation with Pinto! It's bad enough you burdened poor JP with it last week. I personally think JP was some sort of saint for putting up with it.

OTOH, I loved C's remark about finding love in the ordinary things. That's so true. These exotic dates are once-in-a-lifetime, but real love comes from just being with each other every day.

Loved the orphanage date, and I thought that was so cute for Ben F to put that mural up. Way to go! I wish they had showed more of the guys interacting with the kids, though.

Speaking of way to go, great going, Clueless Ashley. That was the second time I wanted to hit her, when she rambled on about liking one guy before giving out the rose. Geesh, I don't know why the rest of the guys put up with this crud. I wouldn't.

Loved the date with Ames. Lovely scenery. I was thinking along the same lines as you ladies, though. Yeah, it might be cool to do all those things when you're footloose and fancy free, but not when you're married and especially not with kids.

That reminds me. My ex-BF had a child who was just adorable. I loved being with that kid. When BF broke up with me, I was sorrier to lose the kid. Looking back now, though, it might not have been a good thing for me. BF had been through a really nasty divorce with his ex-, and I saw hints of that nastiness while I knew him. So I agree, kudos to those who have had a positive experience as a stepmother, but it just wasn't for me. I was glad my hubby had never been married before so we could both start fresh.

Poor Wes, being singled out like that. No wonder he didn't look happy. It was for the best, though. Not only was he married before, but his wife died under mysterious circumstances and the in-laws are still making noises about it. A stronger woman could maybe have handled it, but Ashley would probably have had a breakdown.

That post about Ashely wanting Pinto back--yeah, I saw the same thing. I wasn't sure if we couldn't talk about it here, though. It's all over the magazines and the internet that Ashley was the one who begged TPTB to bring Pinto back. That's why I am seriously considering dropping out of this season. I am so sick of that sociopath. He got what he wanted, his 15 minutes of fame. I don't want to waste my precious time on him anymore.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I was a step-child forced to endure the ex wife along with my mom's heartache of having to put up with it all. Believe me, it's not the children that are bad it's the decisions of the parents that are the baggage but it feels like you are baggage. Being hauled into court for more child support on a regular basis, the constant phone calls from ex about the children and the hateful ongoing conversations on a regular basis. Having your mom have to go back to work or take two jobs to support someone else's kids being forced to have step brothers and sisters that you do not have any say in, having to share a room with a stranger, maybe even a bed with a kid you don't even know, believe me there is baggage and if it can be avoided at 26 it should be. If you are older and remarry at an older age you will most definitely be faced with this but if it is your first marriage why gladly take that on... especially when the girl hasn't even met the child, she has no idea and to me she doesn't seem like the type to be able to take that on at this stage in life with getting her dental business going and worrying about her insecurities. Perhaps some are saints and gracefully glide right through the situation but I would say that is the exception and not the rule.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.

Closed Thread