Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Wow, that was cold...
    I'm kinda frustrated that she kept the guy (Lucas?) who got divorced because the passion left the marriage,
    and dumped the guy who proved he can sustain a marriage (West).

Yes, i think the other poster was right, it might be another sign of her insecurity.
    If I am honest with myself, I would probably have those same thoughts about having to fill another person's shoes. But if my guy told me he wanted completely new shoes, I think I would take him at his word.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 06-13-2011 at 11:46 PM.

IMO..its just time for this show to come to an end...when the only way they can sell it is to have a jerk emotinally abusing someone and if thats the only way to get their ratings its time for it to end.....what this has turned into is just wrong
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Just started five minutes ago on the West Coast; haven't read any posts yet because I just got home from work.
    But the location sums up my opinion of Ashley *and* this season in general:
    Phuket!
    (with American English phonics/pronunciation rules -- yeah, I went there.)
    JunkieGirl and dzigner like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Ashley, he did you a favor...you have no idea how hard it is to be a stepmother, especially to a daughter, not to mention an ex-wife to deal with. There are all those gorgeous men there without baggage...don't be an idiot... (I don't personally have step kid or ex but my friends that do ~non-stop drama, heartache etc.).
    There's no way I'd take on a guy -- no matter how gorgeous -- with that kind of baggage. Unless they [the baggage -- the potential date, too, for that matter] were all grown up, out of the house, and completely independent.

I mean, kudos to anyone who has done so -- and enjoyed it to boot -- but it's definitely *not* me, and I knew myself at a young enough age to have made that a deal-breaker at or before the first date.
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-14-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    There's no way I'd take on a guy -- no matter how gorgeous -- with that kind of baggage. Unless they [the baggage -- the potential date, too, for that matter] were all grown up, out of the house, and completely independent.

I mean, kudos to anyone who has done so -- and enjoyed it to boot -- but it's definitely *not* me, and I knew myself at a young enough age to have made that a deal-breaker at or before the first date.
    I've never been one of those ex wives that play games with the kids and I have been married twice and divorced twice..lol but my first ex husband I couldn't have picked a better step mother for my son if I had tried and I love their two girls as for the second as long as his woman of the week treats my 2 children well thtats all I care about.....and for 16 years that has been the best way to keep peace and make life good for the kids....

but I respect your choice if that is what was right for you

IDk what Bentley's relationship is with his ex wife nor do I care to know and taking on a man with a small child and an ex wife can be difficult just depends on the situation...I just hope his ex wife is keeping her away from the folks that are out for blood from Bentley he has a target on his back the size of Texas I imagine
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh wow, how could anyone consider a young child as baggage? I would have missed out on the most wonderful man and future father to our sons if I hadn't given my now husband (a divorced man with a 3 year old) the time of day. Not to mention adored big brother to our 2 sons as well as the most thoughtful, loving stepson a mother could have.

On Ashley's date with Constantine, she was mulling over whether to tell him about just how badly she felt after Bentley left or how strong her feelings for Bentley were (are). I was talking back to the television and asking her if she would have appreciated it if Brad let her know how strong his feelings were for Emily or any of the other women. The show did her no favors tonight by having every voiceover mention Bentley. Whoever she chose at the end now gets to hear how obsessed she was with the fantasy of that dude versus the reality of the situation.

I also wonder how Ames feels watching this episode, if he isn't the last man standing (or even if he is) learning that he was to have been eliminated tonight. The irony is that he talked to her about finding someone who could show empathy. (BTW, empathy might be a tad dangerous for dentist to possess. They'd be curled up in fetal position after they had to do root canals on a couple of patients.)
    Pippa47 likes this.

It's rather challenging not to deduce that maybe-just maybe-this crazy Bentley storyline was drummed up as Ashley's out IF she didn't want to take this gig seriously. Her obsession with Bentley could be used to explain any failure with her F1, if, say, it didn't/doesn't take off. That's what I imagine happened in the production meeting. LOL. Or maybe it's just this fantastic ruse for the "true" love story.

Honest to goodness, these past two episodes drug like nails on a chalkboard. So many of the conversations feel forced for Ashley or the scenes are massively setup. The exceptions this week were JP, Ames, and Ben F. Truth be told, the dinner conversation with Ames was one of the most authentic, witty, down-to-earth conversations I'd ever heard on this show. It was like a real first date in which both people are equally intrigued by each other.

I'm not sure I can suffer next week. Ay yi yi.

I just finished watching this episode. I had to work late tonight. I loved her date with Constantine. It seemed so natural and easy. And I think they look great together.

I feel bad for Ryan getting picked on for being so happy, but I can't say I wouldn't also be annoyed. He honestly reminds me of Jake on Jillian's season. So happy, "too perfect," kind of came on too strong. I'm not saying he's as bad as Jake, but I remember thinking what a nice guy Jake was, and now look at him. There's just something about Ryan that I'm just not that into.

I loved the painting for the kids date. I was especially impressed with Ben F. and JP, how you could see how affected they were by that experience. It was nice to see them all doing something good together. I loved that date.

Ames really surprised me as well. I really thought there wasn't a whole lot to him and that she was going to send him home, but he was funny, intriguing, and good conversationalist, and so on. He was really stinking cute with her. The only thing is that I kind of felt like they were getting into the "friend zone" and not making a true romantic connection, but it might still happen. I hope it does.

Oh and about Ames's money, doesn't he work on Wall Street normally? If so, that might explain where he gets all his money from.

I'm glad she sent West home. He just didn't seem right for her, regardless of the circumstances of his past. It was the right decision for sure.

Ugh, please tell me Bentley doesn't get to come back like Ed did with Jillian? I hope she finds out the truth and gets to have her vindication. I want to see her rip him a new one and then throw him out the window. I know this is all a Fleiss manipulation, but I hope we get to see her finally get over this scumbag! She's got some great guys that she could totally miss out on if she doesn't get over the pinto and discover a guy that is better for her on so many levels!

Can't wait for next week, it should be interesting!

Ashley: "Bentley, Bentley, Bentley....wherefore art thou my sweet Bentley?"

Closed Thread