Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    Show is losing it's appeal...feels like I'm watching a comic book story...TPTB are, most definitely, exploiting human flaws for the sake of drama/ratings to a ridiculous height...their (producers/writers) bubble need to be popped and they need to come back to earth! Thumbs way down the episode!
    I agree with you 100% but we are a small majority of the viewing audience. The ratings, I believe have continued to go up. I compare it to all those people who bought tickets to see Charlie Sheen. And seeing the comments some people put out there on other boards. Just seems like more and more people are in it for the scandal and the drama - so the producers play that up. It is sad, because the show was good when it didn't have all the drama crap. Trista's season was one of the best and most honest - and it worked. That season would never last in the ratings today - too boring.

FORT Fogey

I hate to say it, but it would have been a much better season had Chantal been the Bette. I wonder if she is still dating that guy she met after the show. I hope they never get Emily as the Bette because then we would have to hear about her tragic loss and her rough life as a single mom (with a seemingly unlimited expense account) another 50,000 times.
    judkay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I hate to say it, but it would have been a much better season had Chantal been the Bette. I wonder if she is still dating that guy she met after the show. I hope they never get Emily as the Bette because then we would have to hear about her tragic loss and her rough life as a single mom (with a seemingly unlimited expense account) another 50,000 times.
    Chantal and Jeff are engaged.

I've been watching since Season #1 and I will continue to watch until the demise of this show. Some seasons are more believable than others, but all are watchable and entertaining in some form. I do think I deserve bonus points for watching the entire Prince Lorenzo season without skipping an episode.

In my opinion, the Bachelor or Bachelorette should be someone that is just a bit 'unattainable'. Not necessarily drop dead gorgeous, but someone who's looks and personality make you want to compete for their attentions. I simply don't see that in Ashley. I also didn't see it in Jen Schefft, who in my opinion was the biggest snoozer in Bachelorette history prior to Ashley.

Part of what makes a person attractive is confidence. Ashley comes across as an insecure little girl. She's seems the type that would constantly have to be reassured, and in my opinion that wouldn't just be for the duration of this show. I can see later in life a kiss goodbye in the morning. "Have a great day Babe, Love you!" "Um... are you sure you really love me? Really? You do...??" I'm sure she's a wonderful person in real life, but I don't see her as someone that men would be stepping over each other to date.

Before the bloom is off the rose and the guys figure out she's not that big a deal, she should see what a man JP is, grab him with both hands and RUN. That. Boy. Is. Hot. Never mind the fact that I could be his mother.

Cookie

:)

Cookie I agree with you. I think Ashley could easily be that unattainable girl, if she just acted like it. She's beautiful (without bangs though), fit, smart, and has a great career ahead of her. Instead of glowing with self confidence, she is feeling insecure that she's not Emily of all people. I like her, but watching her be all insecure and whiny about a guy who didn't like her enough to stay makes the show almost painful to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymicki View Post
    Cookie I agree with you. I think Ashley could easily be that unattainable girl, if she just acted like it. She's beautiful (without bangs though), fit, smart, and has a great career ahead of her. Instead of glowing with self confidence, she is feeling insecure that she's not Emily of all people. I like her, but watching her be all insecure and whiny about a guy who didn't like her enough to stay makes the show almost painful to get through.
    Yes, great observation, Cookie. More than once, including last night during the training session, the guys have said that Ashely is hot. With her sexy, athletic body and artistic vibe from being a dancer, plus her intelligence in training to be a dentist, she could easily have these guys wrapped around her little finger if she only exuded some confidence. Instead all we hear is whine, whine, whine about her securities and how she needs Bentley. You're right, Sunny, it's painful to watch.

I agree with that person who said they're rooting for the guys now. Same here. That's why I'm not watching next week. I can't stand for all those great guys to get all wound up over Ashely and Pinto. I hope they walk out.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!