Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I wish there were a "like" button for this post! I've only watched bits here and there because her maturity level reminds me of a 15-year-old. The only time I've seen her displaying any ounce of maturity and intelligence was on her date with Ames, because he brought that out in her ... so of course she won't choose him! I also hate the way the producers are taking advantage of her insecurities and immaturity with the whole Bentley fiasco and the roast, which to me reached new depths of low! This season is terrible, all the way around.
    There IS - at the bottom of every post
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    ITA

I have my own crazy theory I posted on Bentley's thread about the whole situation.
    Very interesting theory in Bentley's thread, alizarules. Anything is possible. When reading the People magazine article, two quotes stuck out for me. Mike Fleiss said that they try always to tell a true story. Ashley spent most of the interview discussing Bentley's deception and being "played," commenting that she thinks that every woman in America can relate to that experience ( I think it's a picture caption). Putting those two things together, it sounds again like the show is trying to tell intentionally the story of a player and his prey. Even Ashley, this highly accomplished, intelligent woman, can have massive insecurities such that she's "wooed" by a jerk. Like almost every woman in America who's tried to tame a "bad boy." Eye roll.

Though Ashley may be naive, I don't buy into her not being fully aware of who's there for the "right reasons." Even the whole "warning" from Michelle just set this whole Bentley thing up as major producer manipulation. If the rest of the season felt natural, maybe I'd say it was plausible that she really fell in love with Bentley, but too much of it is produced with the occasional exception.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    There IS - at the bottom of every post
    Yes, I noticed that right after I posted. Wondered how long it would be before somebody would point it out, though.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Though Ashley may be naive, I don't buy into her not being fully aware of who's there for the "right reasons." Even the whole "warning" from Michelle just set this whole Bentley thing up as major producer manipulation. If the rest of the season felt natural, maybe I'd say it was plausible that she really fell in love with Bentley, but too much of it is produced with the occasional exception.
    That's why it doesn't sit well with me. I'll still be watching though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Did anyone else see Ashley on Jay Leno last night? One thing I don't understand about her is that she is no doubt intellectually intelligent, but she often comes across as a ditz, and that was the case on the show last night. At least, that's the way I saw it! Plus, I thought it was interesting that when Bentley was discussed (and that was the focus of most of the interview), Jay asked her if, knowing what she knows now about him and how he was trashing her, would she go out with him again. She hemmed and hawed and never answered. So, unless she is under orders not to reveal a word about who she DIDN'T choose, why would she not have just answered with an emphatic "no"!? Is anyone really going to believe at this point that she might still have chosen him in the end? Jay asked her why she didn't heed the warning from her friend in the first place, and she replied she hadn't known the friend for very long.

Plus, on the subject of Bentley, from the previews, it seems Ashley goes charging right to his room as soon as she finds out he's back. I don't care what she wants to say to him, or what he wants to say to her, I think the appropriate response to that piece of news would have been for her to tell Chris that if Bentley has something to say, he damn well could haul his behind to HER room because she was not going to expend one ounce of energy going to him! If she doesn't let him have it right between the eyes with both barrels, I could not care less who she picks in the end, if anyone. Actually, this season is so boring and contrived that I only watch a few segments of the show here and there. I did see part of her date with Ames and liked him very much.
    Perhaps she went to his room so that he wouldn't know in which room she was staying and could then further sabotage her time and schedule by showing up "unexpectedly" (with a camera crew in tow, naturally). If she goes to him, it seems more confrontational with her having the upper hand and deciding when to leave versus allowing Bentley to control the interaction. I hope it's a "closure" visit where she now realizes that the reality of him doesn't live up to her fantasy of him that she has allowed to build up when he pulled the rug out from under her. Would love it if we get to see her dump his a**.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    ......................... I hope it's a "closure" visit where she now realizes that the reality of him doesn't live up to her fantasy of him that she has allowed to build up when he pulled the rug out from under her. Would love it if we get to see her dump his a**.
    Moflan -- if it doesn't go down like this (which I hope it does), we won't need the rest of the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    How ridiculous is that?!! She wouldn't heed the advice of a friend that she'd only known a short time but instead chose to believe a guy she didn't know AT ALL.
    Ashley is a bundle of insecurities, low self esteem and immaturity. She looks good on paper, but that's it.
    She's a mess and a very poor choice for a Bachelorette. TPTB messed up big time this season. Thank goodness for being able to record and the Fast Forward button!
    Ali's season was so much better around this time last year. She had a great group of guys and her season was very entertaining. Some people may not have liked Ali but at least she could sit down and have dinner with a guy on a date and be INTO THE MOMENT. Ali can't even get into the moment while having dinner with a guy on a date. Her dates are like "interviews" and not so personable. She is smart academically but dumb as a door knob when interacting conversationally with a guy on a date.
    POOR CHOICE FOR BACHELORETTE -- IMO!

The phrase "here for the right reasons" always cracks me up; maybe that should be added to the drinking game along with "amazing," "journey," and "connection." It would seem to me that if one chooses to be on a TV show, getting publicity, getting noticed by potential casting directors, getting a foot in the showbiz door *are* some of the "right reasons."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

Show is losing it's appeal...feels like I'm watching a comic book story...TPTB are, most definitely, exploiting human flaws for the sake of drama/ratings to a ridiculous height...their (producers/writers) bubble need to be popped and they need to come back to earth! Thumbs way down the episode!

FORT Fanatic

Lost me along time ago, after the roast and Bentley. I just come on to see comments, but I keep praying my educated, level-headed, beautiful, smart, articulate, 20,21 and 26 year old daughters, would never demean themselves like Ashley is/has done. (so far, so good for my daughters)
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09