Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 6/13 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom View Post
    I feel exactly as you do, on all accounts. This season is failing for me in so many ways. There are some seemingly really great, nice guys left...and from what the show is focusing on, Ashley frankly does not deserve them. Bentley is not entertaining to watch or hear about. Whether the show is actively participating in Ashley being played or manipulating everything we've seen to make it seem something it wasn't in real life, I don't know. Either way, I'm not a fan. I'm pretty much done for the season.
    This episode was REALLY the worst in Bachlor/ette history, for sure! With Ashley whining about the jerk, Bently, Constantine & Ames' 1:1's were boooorrrrring and to top it all off, it rained the whole time which is depressing. As a matter of fact, if there are not changes quickly, this whole season may go down as the worst in the franchise history. I'm really disappointed in Ashley so far. With her perkiness, I thought she would be great as the 'ette, but boy I was wrong. TPTB storyline so far has sucked and somebody needs to be fired over this. Also, those in casting, because even though they are likeable, these guys are boring. You know they are boring & have no drama potential, when they try to make Ryan P the bad guy. But even he turned me off in this episode, because he seemed a little dorky to me. He certainly didn't look like a potential future Bachelor 16 to me. I just want things to change on this season and in a hurry. However, it looks like we are going to get more Bentley next week, according to the previews. YUK!

I'm kind of feeling bad for Ashley.
    I think she is one of the smartest and most articulate Bettes to be on the show.

Fleiss and TPTB should get away from all the over scripting that they've been doing and just show us more of the actual guys who are there. She's got so many I'd like to see more interaction with. Bentley does nothing for me and I think that storyline has been beaten to the ground. Can we finally end it and get back on with the show?
    judkay and Columbia, MD like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else see Ashley on Jay Leno last night? One thing I don't understand about her is that she is no doubt intellectually intelligent, but she often comes across as a ditz, and that was the case on the show last night. At least, that's the way I saw it! Plus, I thought it was interesting that when Bentley was discussed (and that was the focus of most of the interview), Jay asked her if, knowing what she knows now about him and how he was trashing her, would she go out with him again. She hemmed and hawed and never answered. So, unless she is under orders not to reveal a word about who she DIDN'T choose, why would she not have just answered with an emphatic "no"!? Is anyone really going to believe at this point that she might still have chosen him in the end? Jay asked her why she didn't heed the warning from her friend in the first place, and she replied she hadn't known the friend for very long.

Plus, on the subject of Bentley, from the previews, it seems Ashley goes charging right to his room as soon as she finds out he's back. I don't care what she wants to say to him, or what he wants to say to her, I think the appropriate response to that piece of news would have been for her to tell Chris that if Bentley has something to say, he damn well could haul his behind to HER room because she was not going to expend one ounce of energy going to him! If she doesn't let him have it right between the eyes with both barrels, I could not care less who she picks in the end, if anyone. Actually, this season is so boring and contrived that I only watch a few segments of the show here and there. I did see part of her date with Ames and liked him very much.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

She played the guessing game on Leno last night. Complicating the interview was Larry David, the previous guest, still on the couch and inserting his two cents. Jay would ask a question, but before she could give a cohesive answer, David would blurt out something. The gist of the interview is that Bentley is still in the mix (which we know) and the Life & Style tabloid piece that says she is engaged can't be trusted - her response was along the lines of - where is their credibility?

She looked great, though, in a cute (very short) shirtwaist dress in a med blue.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Is anyone really going to believe at this point that she might still have chosen him in the end? Jay asked her why she didn't heed the warning from her friend in the first place, and she replied she hadn't known the friend for very long.
    How ridiculous is that?!! She wouldn't heed the advice of a friend that she'd only known a short time but instead chose to believe a guy she didn't know AT ALL.
    Ashley is a bundle of insecurities, low self esteem and immaturity. She looks good on paper, but that's it.
    She's a mess and a very poor choice for a Bachelorette. TPTB messed up big time this season. Thank goodness for being able to record and the Fast Forward button!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    How ridiculous is that?!! She wouldn't heed the advice of a friend that she'd only known a short time but instead chose to believe a guy she didn't know AT ALL.
    Ashley is a bundle of insecurities, low self esteem and immaturity. She looks good on paper, but that's it.
    She's a mess and a very poor choice for a Bachelorette. TPTB messed up big time this season. Thank goodness for being able to record and the Fast Forward button!
    ITA, she's a hot mess.

FORT Fogey

I wish there were a "like" button for this post! I've only watched bits here and there because her maturity level reminds me of a 15-year-old. The only time I've seen her displaying any ounce of maturity and intelligence was on her date with Ames, because he brought that out in her ... so of course she won't choose him! I also hate the way the producers are taking advantage of her insecurities and immaturity with the whole Bentley fiasco and the roast, which to me reached new depths of low! This season is terrible, all the way around.
    judkay likes this.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I had been willing to give her a chance at the end of the last season of TB, because their were some positive signs there. (I remember the night Brad dumped her, we here at FORT were commenting about how Ashley's body language said, "Whatever. I am SO over you. Just get this over with.") She has totally blown my goodwill, though. Yeah, Pinto may have been nice, but so have the other guys! JP was a prince when his date got tossed out the window (just like the first guy this week), William told her flat out he didn't mind that it wasn't Emily, Ames had an honest-to-goodness conversation with her. I just want to keep shaking Ashley until her teeth rattle. You have all these great guys and you're obsessing over one who left? My patience has run out.

Always said:

I also hate the way the producers are taking advantage of her insecurities and immaturity with the whole Bentley fiasco and the roast, which to me reached new depths of low!
    Amen. That was just cruel to force Ashley to do that roast. This whole season just leaves me with a grungy feeling.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Maybe they knew Bentley was trouble but thought it genius. Or maybe the whole scheme, including Ashley's obsession, was part of the saga to make this season interesting;part of me thinks that both Bentley and Ashley are "in" on this crap.
    ITA

I have my own crazy theory I posted on Bentley's thread about the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    ITA

I have my own crazy theory I posted on Bentley's thread about the whole situation.
    Interesting thought. Sometimes I'm so naive, I believe everything that's told to me. So I assumed this was on the up and up. But like you said, it's entirely
    possible the "scripting" went even further this season.
    Off to read your theory on Bentley's thread.

Closed Thread